Please come in and say hello

kaseyoz

Oh, and it is great to see so many Canberrans on here now, it used to be me and one other.

If you look at my join date, when I started on this board there was just me.:eek:

I am delighted to see how this board has grown.

The interest in cruising downunder is certainly growing.

A very big welcome to all the new posters coming forward.

Its great to see you all posting.

Dont forget, any questions are more than welcome here

and no qestion is ever regarded as silly.

Once you have been posting for a while you will start to see the same questions being asked over and over again.........

but hey thats what message boards are all about.

We were all first time cruisers at some time ,

and we probably asked the same things then.

Hello to all,

I haven't cruised with P&O, but may do so one day. I read all the posts on this board.

Kiwi cruiser and Kiwi kruzer

There is someone on the Australia and NZ board who is asking for the second time whether he should stay in Auckland or Devonport. I replied to him last month and have done so again. He must want more than I told him.

We live in New Plymouth, but I see that you both live much closer to Auckland than I do (or actually in Auckland). Can you offer him any more information?

Thanks,

Celle

Hi Celle,

Just wondering, is New Plymouth a big or small town??

My brother in law comes from there, Surname Cruickshank. We are trying to talk them into coming on the next cruise with us!!

Jodie

Hi Guys, glad to see you are still around...No cruise countdown in your siggy.???

Can you believe it is nearly a year since our Pacific Dawn cruise. Wow.

Hi Karon! - the 12 months has gone very fast - no count down clock but we are cruising on the 26th of this month on the Pacific Sun - we wanted to go to Disneyland with you - sounded like you had a great trip

Peter & Cheryl

Hi everyone

I too am just a browser these days. I learnt so much last year before our first ever cruise. I am booked on another next june and in the process of booking a family (huge) cruise again for new year 2010/2011. Nice to see some of the familiar names again. I've missed it.

Just checking in to say Hi! We have just returned from the UK after completing the Sydney to Southampton sector of the Dawn Princess World Cruise and have already spent hours trying to catch up with all the postings on Cruise Critic.

The comments and information obtained from CC members prior to our cruise were invaluable and it was wonderful to regularly meet up with other members around the Ship and at our special lunches. Having met Sheree & Ken, and Steve & Alan, it also makes their continuing blogs on the World Cruise more interesting.

Now starts the countdown to our next cruise to NZ in January.

Just checking in to say Hi! We have just returned from the UK after completing the Sydney to Southampton sector of the Dawn Princess World Cruise and have already spent hours trying to catch up with all the postings on Cruise Critic.

The comments and information obtained from CC members prior to our cruise were invaluable and it was wonderful to regularly meet up with other members around the Ship and at our special lunches. Having met Sheree & Ken, and Steve & Alan, it also makes their continuing blogs on the World Cruise more interesting.

Now starts the countdown to our next cruise to NZ in January.

Hi Joll,

Welcome back,

I've got a million questions to ask;)

Did you enjoy the cruise?

Did you enjoy the ship itself?

Did they do many repeat menus?

How much was it to use the Laundry facilities?

What would have been the average age on board?

What was your favourite port of call?

I would imagine there is quite a different atmosphere on a world cruise, comparing it to say a 10 day cruise.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Maybe you might like to start a thread on Dawn Princess World cruise 2009.

Jillybean:)

Hi Joll,

Welcome back,

.... Of course. Even after 53 days, could have stayed on longer.

... The refurbishment and MUTS are great, as are the Cruise Director and Staff.

... After a couple of weeks some of the dishes started to reappear but they seemed to mix up the four courses so the menus weren't the same.

... I think it was $1 AUD each for the washer and dryer. I didn't go in there as we had free laundry service. On Deck 9 I think there was only 2 washing machines, 2 dryers and 2 ironing boards. It was always busy.

... I would say 50's/60's. Last year when we were on the Cherry Blossom Cruise we were told the AVERAGE age was 75. The demographics on the World Cruise was definitely younger. A few children onboard (approx. 25) for the different sectors (obviously coinciding with the Australian/USA holidays).

... We enjoyed all the ports as they are all different. Bermuda and Newport were lovely and all the passengers were given a warm welcome in Cobh, Ireland where they organised Australia Day festivities for us.

I would imagine there is quite a different atmosphere on a world cruise, comparing it to say a 10 day cruise.

... We have done a number of cruises, short and long, and there is definitely a more relaxed atmosphere on the longer cruises - perhaps because there are more sea days. The age group onboard had a great time dancing in the lounges and at the special theme parties but didn't frequent the night club (Jammers) where they were only getting about 6 people a night.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Maybe you might like to start a thread on Dawn Princess World cruise 2009.

... There are already some threads showing the continuing voyage and some very interesting blogs by our CC friends.

Hi Joll,

Welcome back,

.... Of course. Even after 53 days, could have stayed on longer.

... The refurbishment and MUTS are great, as are the Cruise Director and Staff.

... After a couple of weeks some of the dishes started to reappear but they seemed to mix up the four courses so the menus weren't the same.

... I think it was $1 AUD each for the washer and dryer. I didn't go in there as we had free laundry service. On Deck 9 I think there was only 2 washing machines, 2 dryers and 2 ironing boards. It was always busy.

... I would say 50's/60's. Last year when we were on the Cherry Blossom Cruise we were told the AVERAGE age was 75. The demographics on the World Cruise was definitely younger. A few children onboard (approx. 25) for the different sectors (obviously coinciding with the Australian/USA holidays).

... We enjoyed all the ports as they are all different. Bermuda and Newport were lovely and all the passengers were given a warm welcome in Cobh, Ireland where they organised Australia Day festivities for us.

... We have done a number of cruises, short and long, and there is definitely a more relaxed atmosphere on the longer cruises - perhaps because there are more sea days. The age group onboard had a great time dancing in the lounges and at the special theme parties but didn't frequent the night club (Jammers) where they were only getting about 6 people a night.

... There are already some threads showing the continuing voyage and some very interesting blogs by our CC friends.

Thank you......you've sold it to me !!!

One more question. Who was the Cruise Director?

Yes I'm a big fan of the blogs and have been following them every day.

Hi everyone

we are broke- its winter and back from our usual April/May holidays,

plus my 50th birthday cruise

Totally broke until business gets better in summer months

Got Two big Timeshare holidays planned for Next year. Mexico, Canada and Alaska

1 involves a cruise - Alaska on Carnival Spirit- this was compensation and credits from our disastrous swine flu cruises- Cancelled Carnival Paradise

Booked on Carnival Spirit Balcony 4219 Cost total with gratuities and taxes $810 NZ - got a credit back (not all fo Carnival Paradise) and 50% on core price (not taxes ,tips etc) another cruise from Mexican Riviera cruise that didn't go to Mexico- Didn't really go anywhere!!!

hence curbing my addiction as we have already committed ourselves to two Long haul holidays that need saving for.

I'd love to Do freemantle to Bali but NOT on Pacific Sun

Hi everyone' date=' my cruise is late Nov, my first cruise. September is here and time is flying by fast, I usually log on everyday to read and inform myself so I can get in "Cruising Mode".Welcome to the Newbies:)

Trish!![/quote']

Hi Trish,

How exciting for you going on your first cruise. Which ship are you cruising on?

There's nothing better than driving to the wharf and you look up at this huge ship in front of you knowing that it will be your little city for the next however many days.:) I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time.

Careful though, cruising is very addictive....;)

Gold Coast Cruisers

Sammi Baker is the Cruise Director on the Dawn Princess World Cruise. She was previously on our Sapphire Princess cruise in Asia and we think she is great - very friendly and an excellent Jazz singer.

Gold Coast Cruisers

Sammi Baker is the Cruise Director on the Dawn Princess World Cruise. She was previously on our Sapphire Princess cruise in Asia and we think she is great - very friendly and an excellent Jazz singer.

Hi Tina and Trevor,

I'm please to read your comments. Have you settled down from your post cruise? I'm still a bit unsettled. Hope you and Trevor had a wonderful stay in the UK. We did, although did not enjoy the cold and wet weather.

I enjoyed our cc meetings,luncheon and trivia.

Hope to meet again in our future sailings.

Cheers,

Margaret

Archived