Luggage....How much???

bmvcanton

I hate to ask a question that may have already been answered, but if it has, I can't find it...

I gave my husband a 28" suitcase for Christmas, and I have a garment bag, and a medium size shoulder bag, which will be our carry on with swimsuits, etc...

I have to purchase my luggage now, and I'm trying to figure out what I need - do you think a 28", or a set that has a couple smaller (24", 21") cases that can be attached to each other?

We're going on a 7 day, so 2 formal nights...and I'm not sure how to say this without sounding odd, but we wear religious undergarments - which basically means 7 more thin shirts and thin "shorts" for each of us.

We fly to port most of the time ( exception was twice in 8 cruises) we fly southwest so we don't pay for bags. I take 2 suitcases a large and a medium (from a 3 pc set) plus I use a carry on. Dh takes a wheeled garment bag plus a large duffle bag plus a carry on. Yes we take suits( pants, jacket tie, shirt) 3 every cruise, plus dockers and button downs , shorts, tanks ect... dresses and gowns, heels ect...I like having what I want/need and I like choices😉

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Only carry-ons for us. We're a family of 4 and we bring 4 carry-ons plus one small checked bag for shoes, hairdryer, sunscreen, and misc stuff. I have it down to a science. And I don't even do it Marie Kondo style. If I did I could probably get down to 3 bags!

Allure of the Seas February 2017

Freedom of the Seas February 2018

Harmony of the Seas February 2019

we are a family of 4 , all adults flying from manchester to barcelona and are aiming at 3 large expandable case 1 for dh and i , 1 for both ours sons and one for formal stuff , we anjoy dressing up as we dont gt a chance normally ,both our boys have autisam so our nights out are rare ! saul tops shorts which are all mix and match maxi dresses and 2 formal shoes , 1 semi /casual pair and the usual walking stuff dh takes u not a lot of room in cases , plus our carry on , our fight company allows 23 kg each :)

For a 7 day cruise or 2 week cruise I pack the same so can get everthing I really need in a 22 ". For ladies, i pask mainly evening slacks, blouses to match then if a warm weather cruise will be mostly in shorts with blouses to match. I utilize Packing Cubes to separate slacks, blouses and undergarments. Toiletries go in a Zip lock bag. I take 2 pair of evening shoes and tennis shoes and good pair of walking shoes. Our last cruise which included 2 days in NYC before going to Quebec for our 15 day NE cruise, 80 % of my clothes were in the carry on. It can be done.

This thread begs for this: On the bed I lay out all the clothes I want to take, and the cash I think I will need. Then I pack only half the clothes and double the money.

Best answer ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually go with one piece of checked luggage and one carry on. But inside my checked luggage I have my smaller roller carry on luggage so I can use when I come back with souvenirs. I dont know how people can get away with just two pieces of carry on luggage. Sometimes I feel silly the amount of stuff I pack lol. But I cant help but pack more than I can use