Is this a good deal?

jlq3d3

Hi, haven't been on a cruise in about 11 years (Sun Princess to Alaska). I am interested in the 10 night 12/10/09 Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Acapulco. I see 799 for inside and 849 for outside cabin, and was wondering if you guys would consider that a good, average, or bad deal.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, haven't been on a cruise in about 11 years (Sun Princess to Alaska). I am interested in the 10 night 12/10/09 Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Acapulco. I see 799 for inside and 849 for outside cabin, and was wondering if you guys would consider that a good, average, or bad deal.

Thanks in advance!

We are leaving the 18th of Sept on a trans Pacific cruise we leave from Anchorage get off in Beijing on the Diamond for 15 days we have an outside with window that was upgraded to an outside with Balcony:) the fare was about 1/3 of the retail brochure price it worked out to $83.34 per person per day so yes $84.90 per person for an outside cabin is a very good price and if you take an outside guarantee as we did you might also be upgraded to an outside with balcony we are three couples and were all upgraded:) If you consider that in most tourist destination city's you would probably be paying more than $200 per night just for a hotel room how can you beat it. In Venice last year we paid $650 per night and the room was nothing special and meals were a fortune!

I take it back - NOT a very good price since it is exactly what is being offered on Princess website. I don't understand, however, since the prior and after cruises are much more. They must be way undersold. Find a good TA and you can probably do better.

Ron

That is a very good price for a ten day cruise. Is that from Princess or a TA. The two one way air may be a bit much though.

Ron

Thanks for all the fast replies.

It is from all sources. Princess and all online TAs show identical prices. I'll have to decide who to book with when it comes down to it. There probably is debate on this board about pros and cons.

Yea, the 2 one way tickets hurt somewhat, but I found a $99 deal from LAX to Ft Lauderdale on Delta, Jet Blue, and Virgin. Acapulco to LAX though with tax and fees though is about $360.

I don't understand, however, since the prior and after cruises are much more. They must be way undersold.

Ron

The timing of this cruise is traditionally where travel is the weakest (the two or three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas). You can find great deals almost anywhere during this time. And note that the prices are for the lowest-cost cabin configurations.

I agree, while the price is very attractive, the airfare and having to fly from Acapulco itself (which I've heard can be trying) is a bit of a turnoff.

And note that the prices are for the lowest-cost cabin configurations.
I stand corrected. All categories are rather attractively priced...too bad my wife burned up her remaining vacation time for this year on board Carnival Ecstasy this weekend...:( And here I sit with tons of FF miles begging to be used.

Princess had $699 inside / $799 outside for past passengers. But watch those taxes and fees, they are $200 per person!

There's that regional pricing (or something) again. When I log on the past passenger fare is still the same, $799 and $849. Good old Princess!:rolleyes: I did find an on-line site with fares of $734.44 and $777.49 for the same categories but you're right, the fees and taxes add about 26 - 27% more.

Archived