Ft.Lauderdale to Miami transportation

4mercanadian

Why are you flying into Fort Lauderdale if your cruise is sailing from the Port of Miami? FLL is forty miles north!

Stan/Jim

We fly to FLL because we get a direct flight from our local airport non stop and cheaper than having to drive an hour 1/2 to Boston for direct MIA flight.

We use johnscarservice. He was prompt and quite reasonable (we shared with another couple we found on the roll calls.

we fly into FLL because the airlines we use flies there, not Miami and we fly free because we have their "points". we also have credit card points and two airports in the Chicago area. I was told by my credit card point reps that flying chicago to miami or FLL was considered one ticket; that because we are flying home from L.A. (panama cruise), that is not considered a roundtrip ticket, so double points would be needed. The airline (Southwest) gives us full roundtrip if we depart and return to the same home destination. Unfortunately, it took me a long time (2-3 hours total) to put all of this together. Bottom line: saving money and time where it means the most to us. Thanks for the limo info DOJO466, will look into that.

The FLL airport has the Go Shuttle. It is like the Blue Shuttle elsewhere. You can get a limo, a share-a-ride or a van. Prices vary accordingly. It's about $70 for the limo, and the van is in the $14 range. Taxi is about $80 if you want to take that route.

Why are you flying into Fort Lauderdale if your cruise is sailing from the Port of Miami? FLL is forty miles north!

You have got to be kidding! After our first and only flight into MIA, we have since used FLL...and stayed in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise. Arguably one of the worst airports in the world!!

Another good limo service is A1A Limo (800-330-4762). We have used them twice and have not been disappointed. Will be at disembarkation for your return trip to FLL. What they ask is that you call them when you arrive in Miami. That's why why I brought my cell phone. Would use them again if we ever sail out of Miami.

FLL airport is north of the Miami pier and the Miami airport is very far west of the pier. It is only about a ten minute shorter drive from the Miami airport than FLL to the pier, so it does not make much difference timewise and costwise, which one you use. FLL is more user friendly than Miami but on weekends during season, FLL is a zoo with thousands of passengers flying into and out of the airport to catch or leave a cruise. That is why we moved to Florida - so we could drive to the piers (LOL).

Actually, it's only about 23 miles apart. We almost always fly into FLL when we cruise out of Miami.

I can't say enough good things about Holland Limousine. They are topnotch and very competitively priced.

Archived