Are Princess beds that bad??

turtlegirl2

We thought the beds on the Diamond were fine. However on the Ruby they were much too hard. Our steward folded a queen bed duvet in half and put it on the bed, and it was ok then. It was still a bit too hard, but it was acceptable.

I find the beds on Princess in general to be firm to hard. I have a firm mattress at home -- but these are a different kettle of fish altogether. I have found that I'm fine for a 7-day cruise (although toward the end I start to wake up a bit stiff in the mornings....); anything longer and my back starts to hurt as well. And I'm relatively young (mid 40s) with no back or joint problems.

My DS (now a teen) also thinks the mattresses are hard!

I've never tried the egg crate, but I'm definitely planning to on our upcoming Med cruise as its longer and we plan to be very active. Don't need to wake up stiff or with an aching back.

We are in the process of booking our 2nd Princess cruise for November on the Caribbean Princess. Our last Princess cruise was about 10 years ago on the Sea Princess. Since then, we've sailed twice with Carnival and twice with RCCL. We've never had a problem with the beds on Carnival or RCCL; in fact Carnival has a very nice bedding system with down comforter, duvets, etc. I cannot remember much about the Princess bed but I am a bit concerned with all the posts I see about requesting egg crates. Egg crates seems to be very old-fashioned and are they even sanitary?? :eek: Yikes! Anyone out there have an update on how the Princess beds are these days, esp. on the Caribbean Princess? TIA!!

No,not as bad as made out to be , but as indicated comfort is in the eye of the princess sleeping on the pea. :D

Ciao for now!!!

Better than the beds I slept on when I was in the Navy. So is the food.

Thanks for the reality check Billco! I guess if this is at the top of my worry list, I'm pretty lucky! My dear BIL just got home from his 2nd Iraq tour and we know he'd take a hard bed on Princess vs. his set up in the Middle East any day!!

We are all booked for our Nov. 8th cruise except for our pre-cruise hotel, which I will probably book through Hotwire. Priceline is not working for me this time (and I've done all the free re-bids I can with multiple levels).

Thanks again for all the input. I am getting so excited for our 2nd time on Princess! I'm sure she won't disappoint!!

Thanks for the reality check Billco! I guess if this is at the top of my worry list, I'm pretty lucky! My dear BIL just got home from his 2nd Iraq tour and we know he'd take a hard bed on Princess vs. his set up in the Middle East any day!!

. . .

Glad your brother-in-law is home safe; his service is appreciated.

Glad your brother-in-law is home safe; his service is appreciated.

Thanks! We pray for all men and women in the war daily! My dear BIL and my sis (and their 3 kids) are on a "surprise" (for the kids) Carnival cruise on Monday! My sis and BIL went on an 8-day eastern caribbean when he got back and then wanted to do something nice for the kids too as they had to endure a lot during the 14-month deployment too.

Archived