New Itinerary for Pride

pickypeg

DH is going to Kennedy by himself through the ship - the rest of us would rather poke at each other with spoons (because they are blunt and will hurt more, you know) and DH will get more out of it if he goes by himself.

The kids and I are going to Cocoa Beach; I need to call Carnival tomorrow and see if their shuttle service to Ron Jon is a "one time there, one time back" deal or if we can take the shuttle back and forth. If we can't take the Carnival shuttle back and forth, we'll just get a cab and hit the beach.

In Nassau we're going to be very laid back, take the #10 jitney down to the Fish Fry and eat like the locals. :) Because we're in port so late, we might head over to Atlantis after dinner (supposedly the security guards go home at 6 so you can see more of the aquariums for free after that time).

Then in Freeport we're already signed up for the Sand Dollar Catamaran snorkel excursion.

I will be sure to let you know how our plans go when we get back! (Ooh, don't want to think about that part right now! :D )

haven't been yet... but i'll be on pride in just a week (!!!)... i'll be writing a review when i get back, but until then...

in port canaveral - reserved transportation via spaceport transport, to port canaveral. going to do the NASA up close tour... four of us are going on this...

two others, including the kid in the group, are going to magic kingdom with the carnival excursion (since it's kinda far and a long tour, i'd recommend this for disney if you plan on that)...

we've got 11 hours in nassau... planning on getting off the ship whenever we feel like in the morning... then doing a leisurely self guided walking tour, based in large part on the following:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/newprovidence/0251010008.html

but with a few detours, additional sites, stop for lunch, and the like. then off to nassau in the late afternoon / early evening...

in freeport, reserved at paradise cove for snorkeling at deadman's reef...:

http://www.deadmansreef.com/

watch for a review in 2 weeks to see how that all worked out ;)

we are going to do the excursion to the new waterpark at Sea World.

Aquatica is very nice. Very good waterpark. Con though is if it has been really hot and not alot of rain within a week before you go the water is like taking a bath, not refreshing at all. Was there in June hoping to cool off but it just made us hotter. The rides are good, the lazy river is fun, nice wavepool and the fast current river was the best.

We took the Cocoa Beach Shuttle after the Airboat and Alligator Tour in Port Canaveral. Due to the rainy season and high waters, we did see any gators but had an opportunity to hold one during a lecture from a visitor from a wildlife sanctuary.

In Nassau, we were supposed to the the Seaworld Explorer but cancelled due to rain. I did make my 2:30 Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Cay Atlantis and it was fantastic. The aquarium was free during our port time as well.

In Freeport, we arranged a horseback ride with Trikk Pony Stables. Leo, the owner, is fantastic. She is very knowledgeable abouth the island and takes excellent care of her horses.

I'm not sure if it's the time of year or not, but the current itinerary had us in Nassau from 10am to 10pm. This was great EXCEPT all the shops and things near the port closed at 6pm. And leaving Freeport at 2pm cut the day rather short but I do understand the need for the travel time.

But leaving from Baltimore was a great convenience since we didn't have to fly and we live only a short drive from the port.

Aquatica is very nice. Very good waterpark. Con though is if it has been really hot and not alot of rain within a week before you go the water is like taking a bath, not refreshing at all. Was there in June hoping to cool off but it just made us hotter. The rides are good, the lazy river is fun, nice wavepool and the fast current river was the best.

thanks for the first hand account. :) we're going at the end of October, so the weather might be just perfect then.

thanks for the first hand account. :) we're going at the end of October, so the weather might be just perfect then.

I'm there about every other month in Orlando. I have family 15 minutes from Cocoa Beach so this Port Canaveral kind of sucks for us but were going to hit up the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot

My son and I plan on taking the one through Stuart's Cove since it includes snorkeling with sharks. My son is really looking forward to it.
I've been on a shark dive in Fiji. I'd feel like a canape on the surface. :p

J/K. I'm sure your son will have a fantastic time. I am looking forward most to the open ocean dolphin encounter. :D

Just back yesterday and we had a wonderful time on the Pride.

In Port Canaveral we rented a car from Budget for $39 and drove to Orlando and went to Sea World. We got off the ship, got the car and were at Sea World by 9:15. We saw a lot of stuff, park was not crowded at all. No wait for the roller coaster or water ride, no line when we got lunch. We ended up leaving around 3:30 were back on the ship before 5.

In Nassau we did a short surrey ride/tour in the rain and went back to a few of the shops later that evening.

In Freeport we did the glass bottom boat ride, not what I had expected, while OK, I think we would have been ok to have not done it.

I've been on a shark dive in Fiji. I'd feel like a canape on the surface. :p

J/K. I'm sure your son will have a fantastic time. I am looking forward most to the open ocean dolphin encounter. :D

I'm pretty sure I'll be staying in the boat :D.

I do want to thank everyone who has given information about the Pride here. It has really helped us make up our minds on what we want to do and has kept me from going crazy waiting for our time to cruise. ;)

Living in Va would be very convenient to sail on the Pride.

However IMHO it is the worst itinerary in the world.

Not enough time in Pt Canaveral to go to Orlando and make it worth the dollars to go into one of the parts.

Freeport is a big slum IMHO. And have been to Nassau enough time not to really want to go back.

That is why we will continue to travel to Florida to go to the Caribbean.

Have discussed this with our PVP and he does agree with me btw.

Archived