Dining time

caddie1

We are booked on Celebrity Century on October 3rd and asked for late dining in MDR but were told we would have to be Wait Listed. We have now received our tickets and we are still Wait Listed.

We will go ask Maitre de as soon as we board if it is possible to get late time.

I was wondering do people actually go to Maitre de to inform them they will NOT be using MDR so that he/she knows when there are spaces at these tables and that these guests will not be coming for the whole of the Cruise.

Guest maddycat
We are booked on Celebrity Century on October 3rd and asked for late dining in MDR but were told we would have to be Wait Listed. We have now received our tickets and we are still Wait Listed.

We will go ask Maitre de as soon as we board if it is possible to get late time.

I was wondering do people actually go to Maitre de to inform them they will NOT be using MDR so that he/she knows when there are spaces at these tables and that these guests will not be coming for the whole of the Cruise.

On your cruise there will be passengers who are assigned to late dinner seating and are not happy with that choice. They will be asking the Maitre de to change them to early seating. There will be many people switching. You shouldn't have a problem.

On your cruise there will be passengers who are assigned to late dinner seating and are not happy with that choice. They will be asking the Maitre de to change them to early seating. There will be many people switching. You shouldn't have a problem.

Ok thanks maddycat.

Just before our last cruise this past April on Carnival we were waitlisted for our late seating choice. On the Carnival board I learned that most people on our cruise were waitlisted for their choice of dining time. It was not a problem. When we checked in we were given the dinner time we had requested. I'm not sure why they do the "waitlisting" thing, but it is nothing to worry about. :D

• 4 years later...

We want early dining in the MDR, it wasn't available for our April 24 cruise on the EOS. We HAD to choose an option so we chose my time dining. And are on the wait list for 6:00 MDR. I've heard tipping maître D might help us get seating at our preferred dining time? Has anyone done this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just before our last cruise this past April on Carnival we were waitlisted for our late seating choice. On the Carnival board I learned that most people on our cruise were waitlisted for their choice of dining time. It was not a problem. When we checked in we were given the dinner time we had requested. I'm not sure why they do the "waitlisting" thing, but it is nothing to worry about. :D

It's to make sure they can accomodate the guaranteed and priority pax. Diamond level pax get guaranteed dining times, Platinum and FTTF have priority for dining times. There is no way to know how many spots are needed til the cruise.