Adventure of the Seas Corner 8390 or 7394 Bonnie Voyager HELP!!!

HB Cruiser

Bonnie or anyone that can help me. I am taking my wife on Adventure for her 50th b-day. We currently have 8390, cat. E1 corner aft deck 8. They have JS 7394 available for about $225 per person more.

Not that we are overly wealthy, which we ARE NOT, but want my wife to have a great time. We were on corner aft deck 7 on Liberty this past May and loved it. Is she gonna be disappointed with the smaller balcony and would the one attached to 7394 be that much larger? Should I go for it?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Bonnie or anyone that can help me. I am taking my wife on Adventure for her 50th b-day. We currently have 8390, cat. E1 corner aft deck 8. They have JS 7394 available for about $225 per person more.

Not that we are overly wealthy, which we ARE NOT, but want my wife to have a great time. We were on corner aft deck 7 on Liberty this past May and loved it. Is she gonna be disappointed with the smaller balcony and would the one attached to 7394 be that much larger? Should I go for it?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Take a look at Bonnie's pics here: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1077164115036355651ZpRpBa

That shows the difference. I would stay where you are, it's probably a better location anyway since deck 7 has that large grey floor area between you and the water just below you on deck 6.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

I would switch, if you can afford it. (and what better occasion than this? ;))

Although aft cabins are great, 8390 is one of the less desirable ones.

Take JS 7394.

Take a look at Bonnie's pics here: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1077164115036355651ZpRpBa

That shows the difference. I would stay where you are, it's probably a better location anyway since deck 7 has that large grey floor area between you and the water just below you on deck 6.

Have looked at those pictures until I am as blue in the face as the caribbean water.

I need help with the depth of 8390. In one of the pics, it looks more like a triangle than a rectange. If that is the case, I think one of the JS balcony would appear deeper. Am I thinking correctly?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Tim

why is 8390 the less desirable one???????:confused:

CC

Some people do not like the single door instead of the sliding glass door.

Given the two cabins the OP is talking about, I would stay with 8390 even with the single door because it is a corner and isn't set way back like 7394. We have sailed twice in 1688 on the Mariner, we loved it. We would sail aft again in a heartbeat but I wouldn't choose 7394, I would take a regular JS instead. Other people love that cabin which is great but we wouldn't enjoy it.

Thanks... I saw the pics and am not too keen on the single door...we have this (8390) booked for upcoming AOS cruise.... now I'm thinking of upgrading to a JS... a regular JS not aft.

Thoughts? we've never done an aft and after 15 cruises I thought I would give it a try

CC

Thanks... I saw the pics and am not too keen on the single door...we have this (8390) booked for upcoming AOS cruise.... now I'm thinking of upgrading to a JS... a regular JS not aft.

Thoughts? we've never done an aft and after 15 cruises I thought I would give it a try

CC

CC

We are pretty sure we are keeping the corner BUT will listen to any others that would like to post (Bonnie, you out there? :) ). If we do keep 8390, we will let you know as we will be sailing 10/18 cruise, getting off the week before you cruise.

One thing I read about this cabin is that it stays darker due to the single door. I really like that idea because as soon as the light hits my cabin, my eyes open up. Sometimes we get in too late and that early sun is a killer. ;)

Tim

After having a corner aft on Liberty this May, I am sure they are referring to the ship structure. Every time I called Royal about our booking, they asked me, "Do you know this cabin has an obstructed view?" I told them yes I was aware of that. Don't worry about the obstruction, they are just saying that to cover their backside.

I am an aft LOVER now!!! I usually book the hump cabins or the ones close to the elevators at the forward portion of the ship due to bad knees, had one replaced June 08 and I am only 48. I would walk a half mile to my cabin to get an aft now. ;)

Tim

There are two things that concern me... one is the single door and the bunk bed being overhead the main bed..... that didn't look too hot:eek:

I don't think the single door will be a real problem BUT I too am concerned about the bunk bed as I like to sit up and rest my back against the wall before turning in at night. I kind of think my head will hit the bunk and I am under tall (DW's saying for being short ;) ).

Tim

Have looked at those pictures until I am as blue in the face as the caribbean water.

I need help with the depth of 8390. In one of the pics, it looks more like a triangle than a rectange. If that is the case, I think one of the JS balcony would appear deeper. Am I thinking correctly?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Tim

8390's balcony is sort of a quarter-circle with a great view! In fact, I think it is one of the best views of any balcony on the ship. We had 6 people on that balcony on Voyager and we had plenty of room....

Some people do not like the single door instead of the sliding glass door.

Given the two cabins the OP is talking about, I would stay with 8390 even with the single door because it is a corner and isn't set way back like 7394. We have sailed twice in 1688 on the Mariner, we loved it. We would sail aft again in a heartbeat but I wouldn't choose 7394, I would take a regular JS instead. Other people love that cabin which is great but we wouldn't enjoy it.

Here are some pics of 7394 http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/cabins/aftbalconies/7-js/

Friends were in it on a recent Voyager cruise. They were VERY disappointed with their view....big balcony, but quite obstructed.

There are two things that concern me... one is the single door and the bunk bed being overhead the main bed..... that didn't look too hot:eek:

I think the bunk may be removable. You can ask your steward about removing it. We had one in one cabin we were in, but I don't recall that it came down far enough to be in the way. Maybe I just don't remember.....that's entirely possible! ;) In the pics of 8390, it appears that the pullman is very low, but I can't believe that it is really that low. If it was, the persons in the bed would not be able to sit up to get out of bed with the pullman down.

Did I miss something? If it is just you and your wife, why would the pullman be down?

We love the corner afts. The balcony is more or less a triangle shape and a little smaller than other aft balconies. There will be plenty of room for a lounger, 2 chairs and a table. We have had a second lounger on that balcony, but it did make it a little bit crowded. Even though it is a little smaller, it will also be less obstructed than the the balclony on deck 7 (both metal structure and the gray covering on deck 6). The single door doesn't bother us at all. We've had both the corner aft on deck 8 and deck 7. The corner on 8 is nowhere near the size of the one on deck 7, but it is still very nice.

If it were us, we would stay in the corner aft on deck 8. I don't think you could make a bad choice here though.

Did I miss something? If it is just you and your wife, why would the pullman be down?

We love the corner afts. The balcony is more or less a triangle shape and a little smaller than other aft balconies. There will be plenty of room for a lounger, 2 chairs and a table. We have had a second lounger on that balcony, but it did make it a little bit crowded. Even though it is a little smaller, it will also be less obstructed than the the balclony on deck 7 (both metal structure and the gray covering on deck 6). The single door doesn't bother us at all. We've had both the corner aft on deck 8 and deck 7. The corner on 8 is nowhere near the size of the one on deck 7, but it is still very nice.

If it were us, we would stay in the corner aft on deck 8. I don't think you could make a bad choice here though.

It is just me and my wife. The thing about the pullman bed it that where it pivots from the wall (yes I know it will be in the up position but it still sticks out from the wall) will be right about where I would rest my head against the wall.

Tim

It is just me and my wife. The thing about the pullman bed it that where it pivots from the wall (yes I know it will be in the up position but it still sticks out from the wall) will be right about where I would rest my head against the wall.

Tim

I don't recall the pullman bed sticking out from the wall. Maybe it was in the ceiling? I have sailed in this cabin on the Mariner and Freedom. Maybe it was there, and I didn't notice it, but I doubt that. I really think it must be tucked up in the ceiling.

I don't recall the pullman bed sticking out from the wall. Maybe it was in the ceiling? I have sailed in this cabin on the Mariner and Freedom. Maybe it was there, and I didn't notice it, but I doubt that. I really think it must be tucked up in the ceiling.

I'm pretty sure they are in the ceiling on Mariner and Freedom but on the older Voyager ships they are attached to the wall and stick out from the pics I have seen.

Tim

Haven't been on the Glory, but from my experience on a few other Carnival ships, it seems the buffet area isn't set up as nice as a RCCL ship.

2 long lines for everything from salad, hot dishes, soups and sandwiches. Rccl ships seem to have different stations for everything.

Doesn't make or break a cruise, but can be annoying.

Anyone confirm this on the Glory?

Haven't been on the Glory, but from my experience on a few other Carnival ships, it seems the buffet area isn't set up as nice as a RCCL ship.

2 long lines for everything from salad, hot dishes, soups and sandwiches. Rccl ships seem to have different stations for everything.

Doesn't make or break a cruise, but can be annoying.

Anyone confirm this on the Glory?

I think you made this post on the wrong thread. Sorry.

Tim

I'm pretty sure they are in the ceiling on Mariner and Freedom but on the older Voyager ships they are attached to the wall and stick out from the pics I have seen.

Tim

Okay, that makes sense. I kept thinking that would have been something that I surely would have noticed. I think the pullman on the wall could be a nuisance. Do you spend a lot of time in your cabin? A plus for the JS is that it is a larger cabin. I still think that the view is better on the corner aft though. Personally, I still would take the corner aft.

Have you made a decision yet?

Archived