Hop on / hop off bus

cjcruiser27

If I wait till I get to Barcelona, how difficult is it to purchase a ticket for the bus. We will be staying at the Confortel Barcelona and were wondering if the hotel would offer discounts for the HO/HO or possibly coupons that would make it worth something to wait to purchase our tickets. Also, how difficult is it to find the voucher exchange kiosk at the airport

You can buy the tickets on the bus, hotels, Barcelona Tourist Information Points and Barcelona Transport information offices and travel centers. The Bus Turistic pass comes with a coupon book good for discounts at many tourist sites. If you buy the passes on line there is a 10% discount. The Tourist Information Point at the airport is located in the arrival hall. There is also one at P. Catalunya.

The HOHO buses are all basically the same - some minor variations, but nothing deal-breaking.

Half of our group bought the two day passes and the rest of us got one day ones. I'm so glad we didn't waste the money - the HOHO is really only good for getting an overview. If you get off to see something, by the time you get back on and get somewhere else, more than half of your day (and your ticket money) is gone.

For transportation efficiency, the metro and public buses in Barcelona are best. They are everywhere, fast, efficient and easy to navigate.

The HOHO buses are all basically the same - some minor variations, but nothing deal-breaking.

Half of our group bought the two day passes and the rest of us got one day ones. I'm so glad we didn't waste the money - the HOHO is really only good for getting an overview. If you get off to see something, by the time you get back on and get somewhere else, more than half of your day (and your ticket money) is gone.

For transportation efficiency, the metro and public buses in Barcelona are best. They are everywhere, fast, efficient and easy to navigate.

At last someone I can agree with regarding HOHO buses.

The HOHO is good if all you want to do is see Barcelona from the bus. But if you want to get off and tour some of the sites you are much better off using taxis and the Metro. The HOHO will cost about 38 euros for 2 people for one day, 48 euros for two days. The average taxi fare in town is about 6 euros and a 10 trip Metro pass is 6.65. Or you can buy the Barcelona Card www.barcelonacard.com discount pass.

Besides cost you can waste a lot of time on the HOHO. They run counterclockwise, and we found that the next place that we wanted to tour might take an hour or more by HOHO or was at a previous stop, so we just walked or took a cab.

Archived