Valor-re-routed

daveotto

oh gee - I sure hope there isn't more trouble in Roatan! On our Nov 08 Glory cruise we docked in Roatan - all ready to disembark - when the announcement came that we were leaving - decision made by captain due to word of civil unrest on the island! I was of course disappointed and it was too funny when everyone rushed up to the lido deck to take pics of the island we did not set foot on. Was glad to be safe tho.

I thought those issues (electricity price hikes?) were all resolved? And was hoping that on my next stop in Roatan (jan 2010) I would actually be able to not only see the island but set foot on it as well! :D

oh gee - I sure hope there isn't more trouble in Roatan! On our Nov 08 Glory cruise we docked in Roatan - all ready to disembark - when the announcement came that we were leaving - decision made by captain due to word of civil unrest on the island! I was of course disappointed and it was too funny when everyone rushed up to the lido deck to take pics of the island we did not set foot on. Was glad to be safe tho.

I thought those issues (electricity price hikes?) were all resolved? And was hoping that on my next stop in Roatan (jan 2010) I would actually be able to not only see the island but set foot on it as well! :D

We were on the Valor last Oct when the civil unrest broke out-we missed Roatan due to that and Belize due to a tropical strom! They gave $50 obc and replaced a port with Progresso. We will be on the Valor next beginning next Sunday-same intinerary and hope to see the two ports we missed also. If not, that is okay also, but I'd like to see what we missed last time around!

We were on the Valor last Oct when the civil unrest broke out-we missed Roatan due to that and Belize due to a tropical strom! They gave $50 obc and replaced a port with Progresso. We will be on the Valor next beginning next Sunday-same intinerary and hope to see the two ports we missed also. If not, that is okay also, but I'd like to see what we missed last time around!

I'll be on that same cruise... really hoping no changes will be made, I'm excited for all the ports that are scheduled!

We are sailing the Valor on the 27th!! It won't be long now!!!

We have been to all the ports....so if we miss them...it isn't a big deal for us. However, I can understand how folks who have never been there would be disappointed.

We are sailing the Valor on the 27th!! It won't be long now!!!

We have been to all the ports....so if we miss them...it isn't a big deal for us. However, I can understand how folks who have never been there would be disappointed.

Hey LHP! I am going this Sunday the 20th on the Valor and will be getting off the 27th. I am just going to miss you guys!

Hey LHP! I am going this Sunday the 20th on the Valor and will be getting off the 27th. I am just going to miss you guys!

Bummer....that we won't be on the same cruise.

Save me some ice cream and pizza!!!!

If you have not already heard....Gary will be your CD. This is his first ship as "acting" CD... he is having a wonderful time.

Kim will be your karaoke host. He is a good friend of mine and is a HOOT!!!

We are excited to get to sail together again.

I believe that Larry M. is in the Piano Bar. I have never sailed with him before....so I will get to scratch another name off the list.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

I definitely will save you guys some! haha

Hey have you seen the new S&S cards? When I was on the Fantasy in July they were the new ones that everyone hated that were white. But it looks like they have the newer revised Platinum cards where the card is like the old Platinum card but has the new ship logo on them. But they stand out like they used to. They aren't white anymore. I know John said they were reworking them and I see on a Valor review they had the Gold card and it was Gold with the ship at the bottom.

I definitely will save you guys some! haha

Hey have you seen the new S&S cards? When I was on the Fantasy in July they were the new ones that everyone hated that were white. But it looks like they have the newer revised Platinum cards where the card is like the old Platinum card but has the new ship logo on them. But they stand out like they used to. They aren't white anymore. I know John said they were reworking them and I see on a Valor review they had the Gold card and it was Gold with the ship at the bottom.

On the Glory in May, we got the new "ugly" ones. We are looking forward to seeing the new "pretty" ones!!

However, I am hearing that they still have not gotten the new "pretty" ones for the Milestones. I believe if you are a Milestone member, you will still get the new "ugly" ones with the Milestone insignia on it. I would imagine it is going to take a lot longer to "use that old stock up"....before we get the new "pretty" ones....

Froufie...join our roll call it's getting rather large!

Hi and thanks so much for the invite! I have been lurking :D:D but waiting til final payment - just in case there is a change in plans? (would hate to join and then have to leave ....that would be so sad :( )....Save a spot for me!

Archived