Pros/Cons re Stateroom 5190, Deck 5, QM2?

Runaways

Any info from QM2's well travelled past passengers regarding the desirability or otherwise of in-hull stateroom 5190 will be gratefully received. Just a bit concerned about it being too far aft for a voyage with lots of sea days - a bit prone to sea-sickness:eek:! Thank you.

Having not sailed in 5190 or 5193, I can't say the amount of motion you may feel, however, I have experienced a voyage with rather rough seas in 5225, farther aft, and found it to have some but little motion, more soothing than anything else.

My wife who feels she is very prone to motion sickness took a motion sickness pill at the outset of our voyage expecting the worst. She never took it again, even commenting that she shouldn't have bothered with it.

The Purser's Desk can supply you with options should you find yourself with an uneasy feeling.

Enjoy!

--

We were in 5214 (B3), just a few back from your cabin, on a recent TA. We had one rough day at sea. The room was fine. No problems with motion. It was much calmer in our room than in public areas up near the bow.

We liked the room as it was near the dining room, ballroom and aft walking areas of the ship. We picked it as we didn't want a long walks after dinner and before dancing in the Queens room. It was quiet as it was aft of the "D" staircase. It was near the laundry which made doing a wash easy. You could quickly check for open machines and dryer times.

I would pick this room again for the next time we're on the QM2. Unless we hit the lottery and move up Queens Grill.

As I'm still looking forward to my first QM2 cruise I can't comment on the cabin. However, if you are sensitive to motion I'd encourage you to stop by a drug store and buy some of accupressure bands for sea sickness (they are made by several companies - one brand is Sea-Bands). You wear one on each wrist (following the instructions for placement is important) and within a short while you'll feel better without taking any drugs. As I love to cruise but am sensitive to motion I've used these on many rough days at sea and have found they work very well.

Happy sailing!

I had 5184 on a TA in June and didn't feel a thing although we had a very smooth crossing. It's very handy to the laundry room on deck 5. I did notice that there is less traffic in the hallway because less people use D staircase.

As I'm still looking forward to my first QM2 cruise I can't comment on the cabin. However, if you are sensitive to motion I'd encourage you to stop by a drug store and buy some of accupressure bands for sea sickness (they are made by several companies - one brand is Sea-Bands). You wear one on each wrist (following the instructions for placement is important) and within a short while you'll feel better without taking any drugs. As I love to cruise but am sensitive to motion I've used these on many rough days at sea and have found they work very well.

Happy sailing!

I'm a big believer in the sea-bands. We've had friends going through chemo who used them and swore by them. I am a pilot and use them whenever I'm flying aerobatics (upside down, loops, etc.)

We used them the one rough sea day on the QM2.

Archived