Price Drop Question?

Lvs2Cruise2

Hello.. I have a question on price drops. Let's say we book a cruise. Then the price drops. I call for an adjustment. Then what if the price drops again?? Then do we get another adjustment? Or is it a one time deal?? I have Radiance booked for April 23 to the Mexican Riviera, and I noticed today our balcony room went down $12 a person . (While that's not alot..its something) and I wondered if it's even worth calling my TA.. or waiting and hope it goes down more? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

what is the easiest way to check daily to see if there is a price drop? Go to RCI online or call them directly? Or is there a different website?

We booked this week for the Mariner for Oct...got a GREAT deal (couple hundred less then a friend who booked the same type of rooms months ago). After calling RCI direct, we ended up using a travel agent friend of my friend who is going on the same cruise with us. I don't want to bug her daily...and am on the computer all the time so it would be easier to check myself. There are 5 of us so I know they usually say to call, but we have connecting rooms, a double and a triple.

Thanks!

Tara

I know this is a question not a reply so please dont mind this newbie!

Having booked my cruise through a TA in Ireland does the price drop rules apply to me and if yes how do I check for them?

TIA x

Hi Irish Angel,

I also live in Ireland but booked through a UK high street TA. The one that had sit ins in Dublin.

I had a lot of trouble trying to get them to honour a price drop. In the end I gave up, cancelled the cruise, lost my deposit and then booked online again and still made a saving of about €600 as well as getting a great hump cabin.

In doing so, I preferred the flexibility of dealing with everything myself.

I may be wrong but I thought that the UK and Ireland terms and conditions make it impossible to get price reductions. I would be interested to hear if that is incorrect.

I may be wrong but I thought that the UK and Ireland terms and conditions make it impossible to get price reductions. I would be interested to hear if that is incorrect.

UK/Ireland cruisers do get price drops....but...since June 1st RCCL changed their Booking conditions in that...you can only make one change to a booking for free...after that you have to pay £35 per person for each change...this includes price drops or moving to another cabin. :mad:

UK/Ireland cruisers do get price drops....but...since June 1st RCCL changed their Booking conditions in that...you can only make one change to a booking for free...after that you have to pay £35 per person for each change...this includes price drops or moving to another cabin. :mad:

Ahh ok, thanks for that, back to daily checks then :D

Most TA's don't charge for making changes or price drops.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places (like the competition site) but I've found that at least 50% of the TAs have some form of change fee. It may not be an actual price (like $20 per change) but a reduction in an offered benefit, like OBC, paid gratuities, excursions, etc. It seems like the ones that don't charge a change fee won't let you use other benefits, like C&A coupons, diamond balcony discount, Visa points, etc.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places (like the competition site) but I've found that at least 50% of the TAs have some form of change fee. It may not be an actual price (like $20 per change) but a reduction in an offered benefit, like OBC, paid gratuities, excursions, etc. It seems like the ones that don't charge a change fee won't let you use other benefits, like C&A coupons, diamond balcony discount, Visa points, etc.

I have only used local TA , I like to sit down in front of the person.

Angel...it's me again.

Just go to royalcaribbean.com...choose your ship and sailing and do a dummy booking in a JS cabin. You will see the prices and if they have dropped. Make sure you note in the appropriate box if you or someone in your cabin is 55 or older and where you live (do they have residency discounts for the UK/Ireland??..I don't know.)

You never know when you might find one.

Deb

Archived