Lunch at Montserrat

quanmama

Hi all,

Is there a good lunch place at Montserrat? I know there is a buffet place and you could purchase the buffet with the transportation tickets. I like to know if there are other good options. What did you do when you were there? We like to look around a bit and anticipate that we will hit lunch time before we return to the city. Thanks.

Yes, there is a cafeteria that sells a variety of food. I think that is is the same one that you would use for the buffet..only you have to pay for what you take. We did not take the buffet option either. As I recall, there are also some small shops outside the restaurant complex that sell snacks (?) and ice cream cones.

Thanks for posting this question... and the answer :)

I didn't even think about it, but we too hope to see Monserrat the day we board our ship. I'm thinking maybe we should get up and find a grocery store to put together a quick/light picnic to take with us for that day. Thought I'd share the idea!

Judy

Yes, there is a cafeteria that sells a variety of food. I think that is is the same one that you would use for the buffet..only you have to pay for what you take. We did not take the buffet option either. As I recall, there are also some small shops outside the restaurant complex that sell snacks (?) and ice cream cones.

Thank you for the response. We are not too picky and as long as there is a reasonable place we could get a light lunch, drinks and snacks, we are happy. The cafeteria sounds like just what we need.

We didn't eat in the cafeteria in the basement but lots of people did. Instead there was a little snack area with plenty of seating on the first floor of the visitor center. There were sandwiches, drinks including beer and wine, pastries.

Archived