Cruise Director Listing - Sept 2009 through Year End

LauraS

Funny... I would never think of asking who the cruise director is for our cruises. It would neither make or break a cruise for me.

I doubt that many believe the identity of the cruise director is a deal breaker, but a good CD can make your cruise much more enjoyable and a poor one can detract from the cruise. Until you have sailed with an excellent CD you may not realize just how much of a difference he or she can make.:)

I can't remember anything about most of the previous cruise directors we have sailed with in the past. We had Clo on our April Jewel crossing in 2008 and she was pretty good. Then Graham Seymour in April of 2009 for the Indy transatlantic and we REALLY liked him and he really enhanced the cruise. As, I said before, Joff was hilarious on our recent crossing and we looked forward to participating in the activities that he presided over. A true gem. I will always remember these three. But before that, I could not tell you who we had. They were non-descipt and did nothing to enhance anything. They DO make a difference as we are not really into participating and we joined in and enjoyed so many things because of them.

Does anyone know Joff Eaton ? He is suppose to be the new CD on the Indy.

If you go back a few posts you will see several very favorable comments about him. He was our CD on the Jewel of the Seas westbound transatlantic last September and he immediately joined our pantheon of great CDs. He and his sidekick Steve did a morning TV show that became a must see and his dry British humor was very well suited to the guests on this sailing.

Does anyone know Joff Eaton ? He is suppose to be the new CD on the Indy.

We had Joff on our Nov. 23rd cruise across the pond and he was fantastic! I have raved about him on this thread. Hilarious man and he had katie as his sidekick on this one. You will love him!

Just off Oasis today!!:D Rush is a very basic CD does nothing funny or original.

Spacey was on the ship however was not acting as CD. Saw him a few times walking around in street clothes. He said he is taking over as CD in two weeks. I told him it was a shame to have Rush as CD and not him. He said come on now be nice. :p I said the truth is not always nice. It is what it is. :)

Ken seems to be their star Cruise director, he is on every new ship. He seems well liked, however i did find him a bit annoying and he does love himself. Every year they move him onto the new ship. He has been on all the freedom class ships.

You took the words right out of my mouth

ahhhh...really?? Ken was our CD on Freedom and was awesome!

He was EVERYWHERE! I swore the man never slept. He went out of

his way to talk to passengers and hung out in the Pub with us everynight.

He made our Freedom cruise the best ever! LOVE YA KEN!

I've never had what I would say was a bad cruise director, although some stand out more than others. My favourite though was Matt Baker on Enchantment of the Seas in 2005...his Austin Powers inpersonation was spot on and I think he made everyone really feel connected, giving you that 'first cruise' feeling. Its been a while but wondered if anyone has heard anything about him - i imagine he's moved on to another cruise line or is working on a more land based occupation?

Interested as well in who will be on the Radiance after Jan 11.

• 2 weeks later...

The cruise director that brought us back to RCCL was Johnny O. He was so talented and pure delight to be around. He was so professional. We really miss him since the Monarch moved to Florida. I know he had a great following out of the West Coast. We only went on the cruise to see him and his wonderful shows. Now we sail with the ra ra boys. Can't even remember their names or what talent they have except jumping up and down. Sure miss Johnny O.

I've never had what I would say was a bad cruise director, although some stand out more than others. My favourite though was Matt Baker on Enchantment of the Seas in 2005...his Austin Powers inpersonation was spot on and I think he made everyone really feel connected, giving you that 'first cruise' feeling. Its been a while but wondered if anyone has heard anything about him - i imagine he's moved on to another cruise line or is working on a more land based occupation?

Interested as well in who will be on the Radiance after Jan 11.

I also had Matt Baker as my first cruise director on the Enchantment in 2005. He and Richard Spacey have been my favorites by far. The last I heard, Matt was on the NCL line.

• 2 weeks later...
A couple of weeks ago when docked with Liberty I asked someone from RCI (we were on Carnival :( about him.. they said that the Liberty is his home ship! I hope so, I am going on it in October!

It seems he is on vacation only right now and shoud be back for our April cruise!:)

Archived