Cruise Director Listing - Sept 2009 through Year End

LauraS

Laura,

Any idea as to when the Cruise Director's list for 2010 will be out? We will be cruising on Explorer of the Seas in March 2010 and wanted to see who they have scheduled. Also, we absolutely love Ricky Mathews. He cruised with us twice in 2009 (Navigator & Majesty) and would love for him to be on Explorer.

Thanks, Anne

It looks like Jimmy Rhodes will be onboard Monarch for our December cruise. I think I've read about him on CD topics.

I don't think I've read anything about Ricky Matthews - he will be CD on Majesty in November. What is the word on him?

From my few observations about CD's - I rarely notice them, except when hosting the shows, but I get more of a feel about them from their assistants. On most of our cruises they are the ones who seem to interact the most with passengers.

Which December cruise you gonna be on? We are going Dec 28. Can't wait!!!!

Looks like I have Carly Boileau on my upcoming Rhapsody 12/1 cruise. My first time with a female CD. Not saying anything, just remarking on something new.

Let's hope she's fun!

(Of course, I'm assuming Carly's a she. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

--Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Printing Chick and Phil but I will only be on the Serenade until November 21 then I will be flying to Barcelona to pick up the Voyager and bring her accross the Atlantic. I will then remain on the Voyager until May 2, when I bring her back to Europe before going on vacation.

It is comments like these that hit home so thank you again and more CD's read these boards than you might believe.

Smooth Sailings!

Mike Szwajkowski

We so enjoyed our last cruise with you on the Voyager. Looking forward to sailing with you in Feb

Angie and Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of rumors flying around, but can someone confirm that Ricard Spacey WILL be on the Oasis for the December 26, New Years sail?

I even tried RCCL and no one seems to know.

Please help!

Thanks

When I click on link I don't see anything.

For those that can see it could you tell me who the CD is for the Liberty's Oct 24th sailing?

Thanks!

It's an Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) so you need a Adobe, Foxit or other similar reader software to open it. These are available for free on internet if you do a search.

Does anyone know who is replacing Kirk Detweiler on Radiance in January?

lots of rumors flying around, but can someone confirm that ricard spacey will be on the oasis for the december 26, new years sail?

I even tried rccl and no one seems to know.

Please help!

Thanks

richard spacey will start in jan 30 2010

It's an Adobe Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) so you need a Adobe, Foxit or other similar reader software to open it. These are available for free on internet if you do a search.

Does anyone know who is replacing Kirk Detweiler on Radiance in January?

Yes, I would also like to know this.

Thanks!:)

We've been on several cruises with him. Recently he seems to do the new launches for the first few weeks at least. He is one of the most experienced of the RCI cruise directors and one of the most polished.

One thing we noticed the last time we sailed with him is that he seemed to look right through us if we passed him here or there on the ship. I totally understand however why he would be that way. After years of being a CD and meeting hundreds of new passengers every seven days or so, it would have to get to him after awhile.

If we are on a cruise with him, we know we will be in good hands. He does his job very, very well, but every once in awhile it does seem as if the magic has worn off for him. Maybe Oasis will bring back the old spark.

I think the job of the cruise director is to act like it's everyone's first cruise and to make everyone feel special. Him walking by you and looking right through you is hardly "polished." I found him to be extremely vulgar and unprofessional. A CD needs to remember that everyone knows who you are, even when you're "off duty."

• 2 weeks later...
We've been on several cruises with him. Recently he seems to do the new launches for the first few weeks at least. He is one of the most experienced of the RCI cruise directors and one of the most polished.

One thing we noticed the last time we sailed with him is that he seemed to look right through us if we passed him here or there on the ship. I totally understand however why he would be that way. After years of being a CD and meeting hundreds of new passengers every seven days or so, it would have to get to him after awhile.

If we are on a cruise with him, we know we will be in good hands. He does his job very, very well, but every once in awhile it does seem as if the magic has worn off for him. Maybe Oasis will bring back the old spark.

I think the job of the cruise director is to act like it's everyone's first cruise and to make everyone feel special. Him walking by you and looking right through you is hardly "polished." I found him to be extremely vulgar and unprofessional. A CD needs to remember that everyone knows who you are, even when you're "off duty."

Just sailed on the Oasis on both the "Labadee Extravaganza" and the "Oasis Inaugural", and though I may be in the minority, I did not like Ken as a CD. Just like said above, I never felt that personal connection with him as I have with other CDs. As I said in my review of the cruise (Click here for the full version if interested), it was always "All about Me". I do have to agree however, that his staff was great, and Ken deserves the credit for their training and organization, however if the information from my good friend Nick is correct, I look forward to Richard Spacey as the CD when I'm back on board the Oasis in April.

BTW Nick - what happened to Andrews? Thought he was next in line.

Yes he is!! we were with him for a B2B, in september, and he was Great!!You have heard of a 4 diamond hotel or a 5 diamond hotel, well Mike Hunnerup is a 5 smiley face cruise director.:):):):):), he and his staff are Great.:p

Agreed. However, Mike just left Explorer for vacation and when he gets off vacation, he is getting to work a little closer to home and is taking over as CD on Rhapsody. Dave Chapman took over for him on Explorer on the 11th. Don't know who will be taking over Explorer after that.

The 1st of December cruise is Carly's last Cruise on the Rhapsody.:( Does anyone know who her replacement will be and whether she is coming back?:confused:

Don't know who took over for her on the 1st. I do know that Mike Hunnerup left Explorer for his vacation on the 11th and that after that he is moving to Rhapsody.

SHIP CRUISE DIRECTOR Dates

MONARCH Jimmy Rhodes until 9/28, returns 11/27 - Drew Devine from 9/26 - 11/27

MAJESTY Ricky Matthews beginning 9/25

LEGEND Jill Tasker from 8/15 - 10/23 - Bobby Brown beginning 10/23

SPLENDOUR Anthony Richards until 10/24 - Bill Brunkhorst from 10/24 - 12/15 - Claudia Gomez beginning 12/15

GRANDEUR John Blair beginning 9/19

RHAPSODY Carly Boileau beginning 8/21 - TBA beginning 12/11

ENCHANTMENT Paul Rutter from 8/31 - 11/19 - Rico Du Breil beginning 11/19

VISION Matt Sole until 9/15, returning 10/9 - 11/19 - Leo Papa from 9/15 - 10/9, returning 11/19

VOYAGER Mercedes la Fuente until 11/29 - TBA beginning 11/29

EXPLORER Mike Hunnerup beginning 8/15, until 12/11 - Dave Chapman beginning 12/11

RADIANCE Kirk Detweiler from 8/30 - 1/11

ADVENTURE Chris Northey until 9/13, returning 11/15 - Casey Pelter from 9/13 - 11/15

BRILLIANCE Gordon Whatman until 11/6, returning 12/23

NAVIGATOR Simeon Baker until 9/13, returning 11/21 - Kieron Buffery from 9/13 - 11/21

SERENADE Dennis Sciortino from 7/11 - 10/3 - Mike Szwajkowski beginning 10/3

MARINER Dave Chapman from 8/23 - 10/18 - Abe Hughes beginning 10/18

JEWEL Joff Eaton until 10/3 - TBA beginning 10/3

FREEDOM Allan Brooks until 9/27, returning 11/22 - Richard Spacey from 9/27 - 11/22

LIBERTY James Andrews until 11/22, except 9/5 - 9/19 - Abe Hughes from 9/5 - 9/19

INDEPENDENCE Graham Seymour until 11/23 - Joff Eaton beginning 11/23

OASIS Ken Rush from 9/22 - 1/30

Any idea what happend to Hamish (can't recall his last name) We had him on the Grandeur a few years ago and he was great!

and though I may be in the minority, I did not like Ken as a CD. Just like said above, I never felt that personal connection with him as I have with other CDs. As I said in my review of the cruise (Click here for the full version if interested), it was always "All about Me". I do have to agree however, that his staff was great, and Ken deserves the credit for their training and organization,

Count me in on this. You are not alone there are actually quite a few folks on here that feel the same way.

Just came off of the Independence transatlantic on Dec. 6th and I would have to say that Joff Eaton has to be the most hilarious CD ever! We thought Graham Seymour was the absolute best, but Joff is even better. Just made trivia and the other things he presided over so much fun! He is a true asset to RCCL and I hope he never leaves!

Just came off of the Independence transatlantic on Dec. 6th and I would have to say that Joff Eaton has to be the most hilarious CD ever! We thought Graham Seymour was the absolute best, but Joff is even better. Just made trivia and the other things he presided over so much fun! He is a true asset to RCCL and I hope he never leaves!

Joff was our CD on last Fall's Jewel westbound TA and quickly became one of our favorites. A bar waiter on the Jewel repo told us that Joff will return to the Jewel in February, when the current CD, Keith Williams' tour is up, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in his information (he also told us that Rihanna would be one of the Godmothers of Oasis):rolleyes: I hope it is true or that at least Joff is back onboard when we sail on next year's repo cruise from Boston to Florida.:)

Archived