Cruise Director Listing - Sept 2009 through Year End

LauraS

Thanks Printing Chick and Phil but I will only be on the Serenade until November 21 then I will be flying to Barcelona to pick up the Voyager and bring her accross the Atlantic. I will then remain on the Voyager until May 2, when I bring her back to Europe before going on vacation.

It is comments like these that hit home so thank you again and more CD's read these boards than you might believe.

Smooth Sailings!

Mike Szwajkowski

Hi Mike, my husband and I will be sailing Voyager on Dec 20th! This will be our first Chrsitmas cruise and first cruise on RCCL. I really look forward to meeting you, if that is possible and making this a very special cruise, we both need something amazing! Hopefully we will stay in touch until then! =)

Does anyone know anything about Kevin Rush? He must be good if RC put him on the Oasis .... but I would love to hear from somebody who has been on a cruise with him . ..

Thanks.

We've been on several cruises with him. Recently he seems to do the new launches for the first few weeks at least. He is one of the most experienced of the RCI cruise directors and one of the most polished.

One thing we noticed the last time we sailed with him is that he seemed to look right through us if we passed him here or there on the ship. I totally understand however why he would be that way. After years of being a CD and meeting hundreds of new passengers every seven days or so, it would have to get to him after awhile.

If we are on a cruise with him, we know we will be in good hands. He does his job very, very well, but every once in awhile it does seem as if the magic has worn off for him. Maybe Oasis will bring back the old spark.

Keith Williams is scheduled to be the Cruise Director

I have only been on 1 cruise (Sovereign 2005), but we LOVED Keith. I had to look up his name the other day, because our friends who went on the same cruise a few months before us LOVED him too. He was great, really got into things.

Mike - but was just curious what happened to Eric who was on VOS last year out of Galveston. I hope he landed another nice gig as he was very entertaining and we thought he did a good job.

Barbara

Try a search of the RCI threads. Not sure if it is still around but there was a thread with some info.

Thanks Printing Chick and Phil but I will only be on the Serenade until November 21 then I will be flying to Barcelona to pick up the Voyager and bring her accross the Atlantic. I will then remain on the Voyager until May 2, when I bring her back to Europe before going on vacation.

It is comments like these that hit home so thank you again and more CD's read these boards than you might believe.

Smooth Sailings!

Mike Szwajkowski

Mike we're sorry to hear you won't be on the Serenade with us, but enjoy the Voyager...you do well on that class of ships, anyway! My family and I had a blast on our NYE cruise with you, and we hope to cruise with you again!

For anyone wondering about Ken Rush, I can only say WONDERFUL things about him. Our first cruise with Ken as the CD was on the Navigator, then Liberty's inaugural, then Liberty's first anniversary, and then Liberty again this past May. We actually make it a point to TRY to be on sailings with Ken because he is AMAZING at what he does. I cannot figure out how he seems to be everywhere on the ship at the same time, hosting all the activities and making sure everything runs smoothly. He is AWESOME.

If you're reading this, Ken, we love you. Keep up the good work!!! You make every cruise special and memorable.

Lynn ... and Alan ... and Edward

For anyone wondering about Ken Rush, I can only say WONDERFUL things about him. Our first cruise with Ken as the CD was on the Navigator, then Liberty's inaugural, then Liberty's first anniversary, and then Liberty again this past May. We actually make it a point to TRY to be on sailings with Ken because he is AMAZING at what he does. I cannot figure out how he seems to be everywhere on the ship at the same time, hosting all the activities and making sure everything runs smoothly. He is AWESOME.

If you're reading this, Ken, we love you. Keep up the good work!!! You make every cruise special and memorable.

Lynn ... and Alan ... and Edward

Oh,you had to go and get her started on ken rush!!!! IMHO, there are many CD's better than ken. Don't get me wrong, ken is ok, but We like some of the others better. What happened to kevin from the serenade and then rhapsody??

Oh,you had to go and get her started on ken rush!!!! IMHO, there are many CD's better than ken. Don't get me wrong, ken is ok, but We like some of the others better. What happened to kevin from the serenade and then rhapsody??

I just KNEW you were lurking here <g>. Ken is amazing!!! I love his nonstop high energy level and his showmanship.

Hi Everyone does anyone know anything about Joff Eaton he will our CD on IOS in March?

Joff was the CD on the Jewel's last two westbound Transatlantic cruises and was excellent. He and his sidekick, assistant CD Steve, made their morning TV show a must watch. Joff is very personable, interacts with the passengers extremely well and has an excellently dry sense of humor and a quick and witty demeanor. I think that after you have cruised with him, you will quickly place his among your list of favorite CDs.:) We are hoping that his replacement on the Jewel, on which we will be sailing in less than a week, is half as good.:)

We just got off of the Jewel yesterday (October 17) in Boston. I can report that Dan Whitney is the new Cruise Director. He did an outstanding job, as did the entire CD staff.

I believe we sailed with Dan several years ago on Sovereign of the Seas with his wife as hostess and found the two of them to make a good team. I look forward to seeing them again when we board the Jewel in Boston next Tuesday.:)

I believe we sailed with Dan several years ago on Sovereign of the Seas with his wife as hostess and found the two of them to make a good team. I look forward to seeing them again when we board the Jewel in Boston next Tuesday.:)

Seems like there is conflicting information about the identity of the Jewel's CD - Dan Whitney or Keith Williams. Perhaps we will have to wait until we board before we know for certain.:confused:

I understand Chris Northey will be our Cruise Director on our cruise Dec 13th. Has anyone every been on a ship with him? Just hoping we get a good cruise director. They are usually a big part of the entertainment. So you want a good cruise director.

We have done a lot of cruises. We had so pretty bad ones. But for the most part they were GREAT!

I've sailed with Keith Williams and Dan Whitney. Both great guys and great at their job. I also like Chris Northey and Casey Pelter and Carly Boileau. I'm a big fan of Rico DuBriel! Gavin Brown was great (he left RCCL). Each CD has his/her own style and hopefully the ship will reflect the fun nature of him/her. No one wants to sail with a boring director.

Having said that, I'm on the Monarch next weekend. Drew Devine is the scheduled CD. This will be my first time with him. I am hoping to report a fun fun time for the Halloween cruise!

Seems like there is conflicting information about the identity of the Jewel's CD - Dan Whitney or Keith Williams. Perhaps we will have to wait until we board before we know for certain.:confused:

We just had Dan Whitney as CD on the Jewel, but he did mention leaving soon...

We just had Dan Whitney as CD on the Jewel, but he did mention leaving soon...

Thanks for that info. I guess the answer depends on Dan's definition of "soon".:D Will it be when the Jewel returns to Boston from Bermuda next Tuesday or will it be in November when she completes her repositioning cruise?

For those of us on the Oasis after 1/30/2010... (April 17th !!!!!) I wonder if Ken will remain as CD or hand off to ???? as I am thinking he will head over to the Allure around then?

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

told us that after chartered cruise to Bermuda, he will sail the repositioning cruise to the Caribbean and remain on the ship at that time. Just one opinion .... IMHO Dan is the best cruise director we've had to date. And we've enjoyed sailing with many good ones, including Ken Rush.

told us that after chartered cruise to Bermuda, he will sail the repositioning cruise to the Caribbean and remain on the ship at that time. Just one opinion .... IMHO Dan is the best cruise director we've had to date. And we've enjoyed sailing with many good ones, including Ken Rush.

Thanks for that update. We look forward to sailing with Dan next week.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Is Mike Hunnerup a good cruise director?

Yes he is!! we were with him for a B2B, in september, and he was Great!!You have heard of a 4 diamond hotel or a 5 diamond hotel, well Mike Hunnerup is a 5 smiley face cruise director.:):):):):), he and his staff are Great.:p

Archived