Repositioning Cruises

AuntieBarb

Repositioning cruises? Who likes them and why?

We're headed out in just 36 more days on the Dawn's repo to Miami 11/1/09. 14 days! Woohoo! (Still looking for more to join our roll call. I know you're out there!)

My favorite part is the length and the special itineraries. :)

:D

I am so addicted to repos that I was just looking at the spring repos for 2010.

Why do I like them??? The first reason is that they are reasonably priced (ok, most of the time they are dirt cheap)

second is that the itineraries are awesome :)

Third is the fall repos I take usually begin in NY so I can drive to the port, only worrying about air fare and luggage restrictions for 1/2 the trip :)

The fourth reason is they are LONG....no explanation needed there eh? :D

and the PRIMARY reason I love repos is because all my friends do too!!!!!

See you on Nov 1st Barb!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...
:D

and the PRIMARY reason I love repos is because all my friends do too!!!!!

See you on Nov 1st Barb!!!!!!!!!!!:D

All great reasons for loving repos. Reunions with repo friends even better!

15 days baby! Woohoo!

Last call for the Dawn's Repo Roll Call. Be there or be square! We're reaching 200! :D

Barb, I am getting hooked myself and November will be my first. We already booked the Jewel repo from Miami to NY in April 11, 2010. I am having a ball with the Roll Call and hope those who might be lurking....join in.

Barb, I am getting hooked myself and November will be my first. We already booked the Jewel repo from Miami to NY in April 11, 2010. I am having a ball with the Roll Call and hope those who might be lurking....join in.

Another repo in April? That's the way to do it - nice! :D

Looking forward to meeting you, Eileen. We're all going to have so much fun!

Still trying to find out what the weather is like in April while transAtlantic. I know it probably won't be bathing suit weather but is it warm enough to sit out on deck or balcony?

Hi-- Jo and I have done 3 TA's in April. The first from Miami, we had two days of 90-100mph winds, the other two, one from Miami and one from NY was like a mill pond. Weather was nice, high60's- low 70's during the sea days. Got warmer as we got to the Med.

See you in two weeks! John

How do you find out about these repo cruises? I looked on the NCL site and and online cruise agents, but did not see anything about them.

If you search the cruise options for a full year, filtering 9 days or more, there will be sailings in the search results which DO NOT show "round trip". The majority of those are repositioning cruises, such as "12 Day Caribbean Escape New York to Miami" October 20, 2010 on the Dawn.

If you search the cruise options for a full year, filtering 9 days or more, there will be sailings in the search results which DO NOT show "round trip". The majority of those are repositioning cruises, such as "12 Day Caribbean Escape New York to Miami" October 20, 2010 on the Dawn.

Hi Barb (and Paulie) !

Slight correction: "12 Day Caribbean Escape New York to Miami" October 10, 2010 on the Dawn:)

I just booked this cruise,in no small part, due to this particular thread -- see what you started! :D

Hi-- Jo and I have done 3 TA's in April. The first from Miami, we had two days of 90-100mph winds, the other two, one from Miami and one from NY was like a mill pond. Weather was nice, high60's- low 70's during the sea days. Got warmer as we got to the Med.

See you in two weeks! John

Thanks John, as always you came thru with the info. I am now considering a Celebrity T/A from Miami in May. Figured the weather would be warmer then. Will talk to you in 2 weeks on our way to S.A.:cool:

Just completed my 5th NCL Cruise, which was the Panama Canal Repo on the Pearl-----14 Glorious days. L.A - Miami. This was my first repo, and I loved it for the length and numerous sea days.

I am spoiled now. Seven day cruises will just be a tease.

Barb

Isn't it fun at day 7 to think you have 7 more days.

PE

We were on the Jewel transatlantic Miami-UK in April. We loved it.

We have to go to the UK in October for medical treatment.... so we've just booked a 13-day transatlantic for our return in November.....

A great way to end a boring trip!!!

Hi Barb (and Paulie) !

Slight correction: "12 Day Caribbean Escape New York to Miami" October 10, 2010 on the Dawn:)

I just booked this cruise,in no small part, due to this particular thread -- see what you started! :D

Hey Barb! Thanks for fixing my typo! ;)

Too bad you're not on the one Nov. 1st! We hope to see you again someday!

Same here! Have a great cruise. :D

Thank you! We wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Now if I can just thin out that pile of clothes I have ready for the suitcases. 14 days on the Dawn in just less than 14 days! :D

Archived