Workout Facilities

09CruiseGirl

Will the gym be open for use the night that you depart? What kind of hours do they normally have?

Generally, the fitness center on our cruises has been open embarkation day. Hours may vary by ship, but they will be open durring most workout times. I am a mid-day guy so I have never had a problem LOL.

I usually start off the cruise w/a workout before dinner the first night! It does shut down during muster, but should be open (and pretty darn empty) other than that. I believe the hours are ~6 am - 10 pm? I'm typically a later afternoon (before showering for dinner) workout person and it's never that busy and has always been open

Thank you for the responses! I figure that, if open, it'll be pretty empty. I doubt hitting the gym is at the top of most people's agendas upon embarking on a cruise ship.

It is on my agenda! I'm an early bird. I get there when it opens and do some Yoga and Pilates and maybe a bit of weights and crunches. Then I either hit the treadmill for 2 miles or, if the weather is good, two miles on the deck. I usually follow up with some time in the steam room then over to Windjammer for a cup of coffee. After that I go back to the cabin and wake up DH so we can go have breakfast together.

I want to eat all that yummy food, drink the fancy, fruity drinks and maintain my girlish figure.:D

Archived