Bringing Water && Soda Onto the Ship

GoingAway9

We just returned from our cruise on the Destiny and brought our own case of water and soda with us. When we checked our luggage, they made us put the soda inside our luggage (even though we had a luggage tag attached... thank God we both packed super light!) and they made us carry-on the case of water instead of checking it. Luckily they let us drop it at the cabin as it was about 11:30ish when we got on the boat and didn't want to carry it around until our room was ready.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case they were planning on bringing water/soda.

We also left the remaining bottles of water (we only went through about half of the case) in the room for the next guests, accompanied with a note to enjoy their cruise. We left a note for our room steward, Dewa, asking him to leave it for them.

Out of curiosity, do you think they left it, our did they remove it from the room after we left?

i've left bottles of water that we didn't use. i didn't ask the cabin steward to leave it for next passengers because i figured he would take it anyway. i'm not sure if they have to pay for their bottled water, but if they do i'm sure your steward kept it for himself. that was really nice of you leave it with a note for the next passengers though.:)

Oh well, at least I tried. Hopefully at least the steward got some use out of it- all the bottles were still sealed and in the plastic wrap thing they come in.

We'll try to share with our tablemates next time- didn't even think about that until we were in Nassau... (our last port of call)

i've left bottles of water that we didn't use. i didn't ask the cabin steward to leave it for next passengers because i figured he would take it anyway. i'm not sure if they have to pay for their bottled water, but if they do i'm sure your steward kept it for himself. that was really nice of you leave it with a note for the next passengers though.:)

We always bring an extra fold type suitcase to pack the water and soda in after we go to the store so the porter just takes it. Then we just pack the suitcase in our luggage to take our flight home.

People ask daily if they can just slap a luggage tag on their water or soda and act all surprised when folks tell them to put it into something with a handle. ... glad you posted your experience, maybe some will see it who dont seem to believe its not being allowed.

Thanks for posting.

I stacked four boxes of 12-can soda, put a 12 pack of water on the top and a ran a tape gun all over it all and put on a label. I guess I'll bring a duffel bag, but still try to get it on as is. Maybe I should make a tape handle :)

Archived