Monitor Price Drops AFTER Booking

Ken076

I notice that immediately after I booked my Feb 2011 (ES) Cruise, the Search Box with the check-offs for 55+, Past Guest and Residency Rates (a) no longer appears on my home page, and (b) if I find the box on another page and use it, it ALWAYS returns me to my Home Page. [10 minutes prior to booking this all worked as normal.]

Not to be accusatory, but this makes it seem that Carnival is intentionally making it difficult to track Price Drops for the 55+, Past Guest and Residency rates that I'm eligible for???????

ken

Iv posted a few times, I pull up my cruise, then I check the boxes on the left hand side, then like you said it goes to the home page, then I hit the back button, and the other rates then appear on the page with the rates. wierd I agree but thats how Im getting there. the back button.

I have the boxes on top, but they dont work 24 hours later if I check again, even though they show they are checked, so I go thru the above or the advanced search. I have no trouble getting there. Try it another way to get there.

What is probably happening is that your "cookies" for Carnival's site are redirecting you. You might need to turn them off, log off Carnival's website completely, or maybe just try checking rates from a different computer. Hope this helps :)

What is probably happening is that your "cookies" for Carnival's site are redirecting you. You might need to turn them off, log off Carnival's website completely, or maybe just try checking rates from a different computer. Hope this helps :)

Nope - not the case. ken

I notice that immediately after I booked my Feb 2011 (ES) Cruise, the Search Box with the check-offs for 55+, Past Guest and Residency Rates (a) no longer appears on my home page, and (b) if I find the box on another page and use it, it ALWAYS returns me to my Home Page. [10 minutes prior to booking this all worked as normal.]

Not to be accusatory, but this makes it seem that Carnival is intentionally making it difficult to track Price Drops for the 55+, Past Guest and Residency rates that I'm eligible for???????

ken

With the early saver rate, you cannot use residency, past guest, senior rates to compare.

The rules on the easy saver say this:

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

Not all rates are available on all cruises all the time. If they aren't offering residency rates or past guest or the like on your cruise, then there is nothing to compare.

Be patient....you have plenty of time for rate reductions if there are any.

Iv posted a few times, I pull up my cruise, then I check the boxes on the left hand side, then like you said it goes to the home page, then I hit the back button, and the other rates then appear on the page with the rates. wierd I agree but thats how Im getting there. the back button.

I have the boxes on top, but they dont work 24 hours later if I check again, even though they show they are checked, so I go thru the above or the advanced search. I have no trouble getting there. Try it another way to get there.

Welcome Back!

Thanks for the workaround! I'm too far out for any of those rates to be offered, so I can't prove that it works, but I'll keep using it as I check fares each day.

I'm still disappointed in Carnival, as this looks like a pretty intentional attempt to make it difficult to check for price dropsfor the Promo rates; as soon as I booked I now get a "You Sail in XX days" display box where the Search Box used to be. I have some contacts w/in Carnival - I'm going to ask them to look into this a bit.

thanks, ken

With the early saver rate' date=' you cannot use residency, past guest, senior rates to compare.

[b']• What is the price protection assurance feature?[/b]

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

Not all rates are available on all cruises all the time. If they aren't offering residency rates or past guest or the like on your cruise, then there is nothing to compare.

G'ma - with all respect, I don't think you understand the finer points of Early Saver Bookings.

Per the Terms and Conditions (the and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.), per my experience with ES bookings and the experience of numerous on this board:

Once booked Early Saver:

If you are a Past Guest and the Past Guest Rate drops, you're ES booking entitles you to that rate drop.

If you are 55+ and the 55+ Rate drops, you're ES booking entitles you to that rate drop.

If you are a your state Resident and the your state Resident rate drops, you'r ES booking entitles you to that rate drop.

and,

If you are eligible for Military Rate and the Military Rate drops, you're ES booking entitles you to that rate drop.

there is NO QUESTION that the above applies under the Early Saver booking. Once you are booked Early Saver you should always be checking the Fun Select rate, the Early Saver rate and all the Promo Rates that you're eligible for - if you haven't been doing this, you may have missed some rate drops!

If you read my post, you would note that the issue is that once I booked Early Saver, the Search Box no longer works as it did before and returns you to the Home Page and does not take you to your cruise page where there ARE Promo rates to be displayed.

I am patient, I've booked with Carnival before (and I've received ES price adjustments for Past Guest drops and Military drops on the same booking); I'm pointing out an apparent "flaw in the system. See firefly's supporting post above.

thanks, ken

Ken is correct, you can use both to get the best deal.

And here's the best part: say you book ES, find a past guest rate that's lower, and apply for and are granted the price change. You are still technically booked as ES, so if you then found a residency rate that was lower still, you could apply for and be granted that rate.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but I have those same issues with the website. I'll have to try your workaround firefly. Carnival website is kind of quirky in general especially with Firefox.

Gargoyle......I don't think this is a Firefox issue. Sadly, I think someone decided to make it hard for Early Savers to check promo rates. I'm going to check this out more, tomorrow. ken

Ken is correct, you can use both to get the best deal.

And here's the best part: say you book ES, find a past guest rate that's lower, and apply for and are granted the price change. You are still technically booked as ES, so if you then found a residency rate that was lower still, you could apply for and be granted that rate.

Absolutely! I got a Military Rate drop and a Past Guest rate drop on the same booking.

Sadly many don't seem to realize this and/or TA/PVPs aren't explaining it well to them. I've seen numerous posts where ES Bookers thought all they checked was the Early Saver rate - and wondered what to do when it goes away 3 months or 5 months out.

ken

http://www.carnival.com/

use the quick serch

click the special rates fill it in and it works.

i also had to do the back button like ya'll was talking about before. i found this way.

hope this works for yall

bluey - You missed the Point. Once booked Eaely Saver, the Quick Search no longer appears - instead the "You Cruise in XX days" box appears.

I can find the Quick Search buried on other pages, but it still returns to the Home Page - Previously (before booking ES) it takes you to the rates page for your cruise, whether or not any of the Promo Rates are available or not.

thanks, ken

With the early saver rate' date=' you cannot use residency, past guest, senior rates to compare.

I too can speak from experience that Carnival will grant any rate drops or upgrades available as past guests, residents, etc that you are eligible for after booking Early Saver. I'm a big fan of Early Saver, having saved $200 already on our upcoming January cruise!

bluey - You missed the Point. Once booked Eaely Saver, the Quick Search no longer appears - instead the "You Cruise in XX days" box appears.

I can find the Quick Search buried on other pages, but it still returns to the Home Page - Previously (before booking ES) it takes you to the rates page for your cruise, whether or not any of the Promo Rates are available or not.

thanks, ken

o ok i understand now. i am booked es. but i always log out, cause others use my computer at home and work. so the quick search shows for me and works to shows all the rates.

o ok i understand now. i am booked es. but i always log out, cause others use my computer at home and work. so the quick search shows for me and works to shows all the rates.

bluey...Ha! Another workaround!! I thought I had tried logging out of carnival.com, but guess I got distracted and didn't complete the exercise.

It still irritates me that, apparently if they recognize you they "block" you from checking Promo rates once booked (ES at least).

thanks, Ken

Carnival is sneaky. There are three status' when you go to their home page based on whether you have cookies turned on. To make sure you're not logged in, click on the "Not Bill Smith" or what ever your name is. It will be located right below the Home, Help, and Call me menu at the top. If there is a Logout option instead then click it. If there Login option, then you are fully logged out. The "Not Bill Smith" seems to happen when the Carnival session times out prior to you closing browser session.

Lastly use the Quick Search and check the Past Guest box and select your home state. That should do it.

I tested this a number of times and if the Carnival site recognizes you and that you already have a cruise booked for the cruise you're checking, it WILL NOT show you the reduced rates. Sneaky.

Yep - got a second ES OBC today using the senior rate as the reference, but they do restrict your view. Solved that by opening another browser to view the new info and fill out the form while pulling the booking info from the logged site.

Leon

Yep - got a second ES OBC today using the senior rate as the reference, but they do restrict your view. Solved that by opening another browser to view the new info and fill out the form while pulling the booking info from the logged site.

Leon

We shouldn't have to go through all these workarounds. I'm going to use your term "restrict your views" in my correspondence! ken

We shouldn't have to go through all these workarounds. I'm going to use your term "restrict your views" in my correspondence! ken

Please do Ken. Anxious to see the logic on this one - I was using Firefox though.

Leon

Please do Ken. Anxious to see the logic on this one - I was using Firefox though.

Leon

I did get in contact with a Tech Manager inside Carnival. They're "aware" of this situation, but don't seem to feel that it appears as "sabotage" of ES Bookers to monitor Promo Rates (55+, Past guest and Residency), and that awkward workarounds like logging out are OK, but.....indicate that this is already scheduled to change in some positive way in the Nov/Dec site update.

I've permanently "logged-out" and access carnival.com that way each day (to check fares) so it's not the end of the world - It's just that it looks like someone made a concious decision to "restrict access" to athe promo fares, once booked.

ken

I did get in contact with a Tech Manager inside Carnival. They're "aware" of this situation, but don't seem to feel that it appears as "sabotage" of ES Bookers to monitor Promo Rates (55+, Past guest and Residency), and that awkward workarounds like logging out are OK, but.....indicate that this is already scheduled to change in some positive way in the Nov/Dec site update.

I've permanently "logged-out" and access carnival.com that way each day (to check fares) so it's not the end of the world - It's just that it looks like someone made a concious decision to "restrict access" to athe promo fares, once booked.

ken

Probably the same folks who restrict me getting emails with the sales, still cant get them, even though every PVP Iv had promises to email them to me.

Guest nhrich

No G'ma, that's the standard price protection, and not the ES terms and conditions. With ES, you can get a price drop if a Senior, Resident, or Military rate that you are eligible for is lower than your rate.

Probably the same folks who restrict me getting emails with the sales, still cant get them, even though every PVP Iv had promises to email them to me.

Looks like if you're booked, you're out of luck; we're always booked (even if far in the future) and NEVER get any offers. We just completed Alaska cruise with Princess - we were booked for 400+ days and never received any correspondence, now that we've completed the cruise we get offers at least weekly.

ken

Archived