Monitor Price Drops AFTER Booking

Ken076

I notice that immediately after I booked my Feb 2011 (ES) Cruise, the Search Box with the check-offs for 55+, Past Guest and Residency Rates (a) no longer appears on my home page, and (b) if I find the box on another page and use it, it ALWAYS returns me to my Home Page. [10 minutes prior to booking this all worked as normal.]

Not to be accusatory, but this makes it seem that Carnival is intentionally making it difficult to track Price Drops for the 55+, Past Guest and Residency rates that I'm eligible for???????

ken

Where are Carnival's site do you do this? Like I said, I'm lost.

I'm lost. Where is quick search?

Normally - when you visit carnival.com a Quick Search box appears on the left side of the Home Page. You can enter your Cruise Parameters like Month/Year, Destination and such - but you can also checkoff if you're 55+, if you're a Past Carnival Guest, and you can enter your state of residency (ie, Promo Rates).

This Quick Search will take you to the cruises that satisfy your initial Parameters, and when you click on any of the resultant cruise choices, the Rates page will also show any of the rates you selected, if currently being offered. Try this for a cruise you KNOW is currently offering a Past Guest rate!

The point of the Thread, is that once you've booked (Early Saver) and would like to use the Quick Search Box to check all the rates for a possible Price Drop - Carnival recognizes that you're a booked customer and doesn't display it -and- if you do fine the Quick Search Box elsewhere, it doesn't work.

So.....it could be said that Carnival is intentionally restricting your access to the Promo Rates, for price comparison, once you're booked!

ken

There is no quick search on home page for me. It's a few kids and stuff on the right. Below tells me I have a cruise booked.

You are experiencing the same problem I noted; once you're booked, Carnival removes the Quick Search Box from your home page. If you're booked Early Saver, this box is useful in monitoring the Promo fares (55+, Past guest and Residency promos) for rate drops that you might be eligible for.

The current workaround is to LogOut of carnival.com so it no longer recognizes and greets you.

Return to carnival.com and you should see a Blue Quick Search Box.

Fill in the 4 Cruise Parameters for your Cruise.

Click the +Special Rates line

Select Past Guest if you're a Past Guest.

Select 55+ if you're 55+.

Select the State you live in.

click on SEARCH

You will go to a page with all the Cruises that fit your Cruise Search Parameters.

Select Your Cruise.

You should go tothe Rates page for YOUR Cruise; You can there check the Early Saver Rate and below that will be displayed Rate lines for 55+, Past Guest and (your state) Residency IF they are currently offered.

ken

Thanks! Already have it and am still double checking each day while I build-up some faith in it. ken

Yeah, it still has some bugs so if it seems like it is not working properly I will shut down that process and reopen and then it works like a charm!

Thanks! Already have it and am still double checking each day while I build-up some faith in it. ken

For instance 1A is sold out, so it cant check prices on booked category, it doesnt know the 4Bs are $10 cheaper pp, so Iv missed out on some. Cant rely on it totally as it doesnt check prices above your category. OVs might drop and not insides which is what is booked etc.

For instance 1A is sold out, so it cant check prices on booked category, it doesnt know the 4Bs are $10 cheaper pp, so Iv missed out on some. Cant rely on it totally as it doesnt check prices above your category. OVs might drop and not insides which is what is booked etc.

Yes. It's not totally reliable and as you say, doesn't cover all the Bases. I still check Carnival.com (or an on-line site) at least once a day. ken

Update!!! A Carnival Cruise Board poster just reminded me that you can alternatively click on the CRUISE SEARCH Tab on the Home Page, and on the CRUISE SEARCH Page, click on the :"Check Special Rate Eligibility" box in upper right, and this allows you to select 55+. Past Guest and State Residency rates --- and it works!

ken

We really want to thank all of you because we had absolutely no idea of this!! We booked ES and were checking prices, but the special rates weren't coming up for us. So imagine our surprise when we found this thread, logged out of carnival.com, rechecked and found our rate to be $60 lower!!!:eek:

We submitted immediately and we just recieved confirmation!:D

You guys are great!!

Tolani

We really want to thank all of you because we had absolutely no idea of this!! We booked ES and were checking prices, but the special rates weren't coming up for us. So imagine our surprise when we found this thread, logged out of carnival.com, rechecked and found our rate to be $60 lower!!!:eek:

We submitted immediately and we just recieved confirmation!:D

You guys are great!!

Tolani

CONGRATS - then the thread was worthwhile!!!

You CAN visit the site logged-in and use the following procedure:

On Home Page run cursor over FIND A CRUISE in the top horizontal banner.

Click on CRUISE SEARCH in the drop-down menu.

Toward the right, click on CHECK SPECIAL RATE AVAILABILITY and enter your 55+, Past Guest and Residency info,

Then enter your specific Cruise Info. Click on VIEW CRUISE INFO.

On the resultant page of several cruises, select your cruise and check the rates. If any 55+, Past Guest or Residency rates are being offered, they'll show-up on the rate linews belwo FunSelect, FunSaver and (EarlySaver - if offered).

ken

Toward the right, click on CHECK SPECIAL RATE AVAILABILITY and enter your 55+, Past Guest and Residency info,

On the resultant page of several cruises, select your cruise and check the rates. If any 55+, Past Guest or Residency rates are being offered, they'll show-up on the rate linews belwo FunSelect, FunSaver and (EarlySaver - if offered).

ken

My only caveat to this method, is it shows it still remembers it the next day when I rebooted, but actually didnt, because it didnt show the senior and past guest rates available, so make sure you do this every time.

ken

I retract the above procedure!!!!!!!!!

After firefly's comments, I sat down and went thru all kinds of combinations of checking for promo rates (for a cruise I know has current 55+ and Past Guest rates).

The only method I found to work every time is:

Log Out of carnival.com ( I now remain permanently logged-out).

Visit carnival.com. Do NOT log-in.

There should be
NO recognition information
(Name, Past Guest Number) in the horizontal banner.

The blue-colored QuickSearch box should appear, with
NO pre-filled cruise information
and
NO pre-filled promo rate specials information

Use the blue QuickSearch Box to fill-in your cruise information, select the "Special Rates" box and select the promo rates you're eligible for, and click on SEARCH.

You should get the Page with cruises that fit your Search Criteria, including the Cruise you're checking rates on. Click on DETAILS button for that cruise. You should get the rates page for your cruise, and if Any 55+, Past Guest or your state Resident rates are being offered they'll be displayed below the standard FunSelect and FunSaver (and Early Saver) rate lines.

This workaround worked 100% for me and hasn't required any ReStart.

IMO it's a PR mistake for Carnival to intentionally restrict Booked customers from seeing Promo rates for their (or any other) cruise, and force them (us) to use workarounds (or other sites) to access this info).

ken

Probably the same folks who restrict me getting emails with the sales, still cant get them, even though every PVP Iv had promises to email them to me.

I have the same problem. And was told you must FAX your email address to them to get back on distribution. I told them that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I guess I can live without more email.

[quote name='jazm2011']I have the same problem. And was told you must FAX your email address to them to get back on distribution. I told them that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I guess I can live without more email.[/quote]

lmao, thats a new one on me. My PVP keeps thinking she fixed the problem, now says even she doesnt see the sales emails.

Archived