Sailing on Liberty - Tip Question

susanf31

We sail on 10/17 Liberty - one week to go!! Yipee!

I can't believe I haven't figured this out yet, but are tips automatically put on our tab or do we tip in cash? About how much can I expect to tip for the week. There will be 2 of us in each cabin.

Thanks! I will certainly post a detailed review when we return!

Tips are automatically applied to your S&S account. They are $10 per day per person. The tips do not inlcude the Maitre D. At the end of the week you will be given a little envelope. If you choose to tip the dining room Maitre D you can put cash in the envelope and hand it to him as you're entering the dining room for dinner on the last night. This is not required and all up to you.

Tips are automatically applied to your S&S account. They are $10 per day per person. The tips do not inlcude the Maitre D. At the end of the week you will be given a little envelope. If you choose to tip the dining room Maitre D you can put cash in the envelope and hand it to him as you're entering the dining room for dinner on the last night. This is not required and all up to you.

And please do not think that you must add anything to the auto tips.....folks on cc will have you thinking that everyone does...but not true....and as the above poster said...not evryone tips the MD.....my opinion is that fewer than you might think actually tip the MD.

I usually tip my room steward extra if he does a good job and he also takes care of my laundry.....$10 is two hands of blackjack so thats not much for good service..Hope you get the steward I had, she was great (port side-Lido deck).Dennis

Archived