Destiny Balcony????

cmdknw

we just came back a couple of weeks ago , we were in 8224, & our freinds were in 8228we didn't have a problem. would book them again. we like the location plus , there was not much noise....very quiet

i hope you enjoy it........we did

We have been on Destiny twice and suite 7167 looks like -oh its near the elevators. Actually quite nice, more midship for likely less motion and also there is second elevator bank not too far away.

Another consideration for us booking is what is above us for noise, and what side of ship. Based on ports I try to figure which side faces a dock to people watch.

Our next cruise is to the Keys,Cozumel and Dh figures starboard should have us being able to view the keys on the way down and perhaps see Cuba on way back.

There are six L shaped balconies on the Destiny. These are great cabins, at the back of the ship. You must book well in advance to get one of these cabins. We were in one a couple of years ago; 6371. This is as good as it gets.

MexicoBob

I don't want to tell you this, since if we go back on the Destiny soon, don't want the rooms to be sold out.......BUT, am feeling generous today, so ask that you keep this to yourself........SHHHHHHHHHHH....

........if you can get a balcony on LIDO deck.......as close to the pool area as possible......you'll find it to be quite satisfying. Pool and food, right at your fingertip. Good luck finding one, and shhhhhhhhh.....don't tell anybody else on Cruise Critic. Promise ?

I don't want to tell you this, since if we go back on the Destiny soon, don't want the rooms to be sold out.......BUT, am feeling generous today, so ask that you keep this to yourself........SHHHHHHHHHHH....

........if you can get a balcony on LIDO deck.......as close to the pool area as possible......you'll find it to be quite satisfying. Pool and food, right at your fingertip. Good luck finding one, and shhhhhhhhh.....don't tell anybody else on Cruise Critic. Promise ?

We will be sailing her in 3 weeks, and first time LIDO deck balcony. Starboard & VERY close to pool -like 6-10 cabins! Do you happen to know how noise is from above? I figure it is an overhang that may have deck chairs on it?

If balconies are what you are looking for, the cat 9a wrap arounds are by far the best. Unless you get the Spirit class ships aft wrap around suites. This is from the Victory, same class as Destiny. FYI the aft cat 8's are also very nice, a little secret though, book the ones immediately adjacent to the 9a (they are larger than the rest. The second pic is the Destiny aft balcony next to the 9a wrap.

attachment.php?attachmentid=135332&stc=1&d=1255212339

206109388_VictoryCruise2005two038.jpg.7410336167c29694176e3886ff9de269.jpg

If balconies are what you are looking for, the cat 9a wrap arounds are by far the best. Unless you get the Spirit class ships aft wrap around suites. This is from the Victory, same class as Destiny. FYI the aft cat 8's are also very nice, a little secret though, book the ones immediately adjacent to the 9a (they are larger than the rest. The second pic is the Destiny aft balcony next to the 9a wrap.

attachment.php?attachmentid=135332&stc=1&d=1255212339

We have our 9A wrap at the end of this month on the Destiny. I am so looking forward to it. Our first wrap.

We will be sailing her in 3 weeks, and first time LIDO deck balcony. Starboard & VERY close to pool -like 6-10 cabins! Do you happen to know how noise is from above? I figure it is an overhang that may have deck chairs on it?

That's exactly what we had.......no noise whatsoever from above. As I recall it wasn't really well travelled area above due to the awesome multiple level layout of deck surrounding the pool....

No need to worry.......you're gonna love it.....we took it out of San Juan, and if there was any complaint at all.......was that we had TOO many ports.....rarely a sea day, which we've since learned to love.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cruise-wife, On the Destiny 9a wrap do you have room to walk in front of the chairs? Looks like it could be a little tight? we are cruising in Dec with 2 other couples and wondering if we all could sit comfortable on balcony.

You will be very pleased with the size of the balcony with the 9a, yes plenty of room to roam around the balcony. This is by far the best cabin on the ship

Best cabin? No way. Best balcony though.

Just got off the Victory, sister ship to the Victory. Cabin 8428 port wrap around (9A cat). Love aft cabins, can see both sides. Corner wraps usually have odd shaped but nice rooms and tremendous balconies. The aft location balconies are the best for quiet (no one walks past the cabin at all hours) 1 or 2 flights up is the lido pool, 24 hour pizza and ice cream - great for middle of the night snacks:p

BEST AFT BALCONY SECRET.....No wind. side balconies tend to be windy but the ship itself blocks the wind so the aft balconies are not windy and receive a lot of sun as a rule.

TIP: - if you plan to read at night on your balcony...balcony lights work only in port, not out to sea so bring one of those book lights for reading late at night on the balcony. Also Destiny bathrooms lack shelves or a storage medicine cabinet, bring a shoe bag or one of the over the door toiletries bags for you bathroom door to store toiletries, otherwise storage is great in the cabins.

Hi Cruise-wife, On the Destiny 9a wrap do you have room to walk in front of the chairs? Looks like it could be a little tight? we are cruising in Dec with 2 other couples and wondering if we all could sit comfortable on balcony.

This is balcony on cabin 6373...as you can see there is plenty of room to walk around.

2013747450103836838S425x425Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The 9as are to die for. The best balcony yes. the best cabin, yes due to the balcony.

Having just had one I agree whole heartedly. Wow what a balcony, what a view. We had two windows plus the door so we seen more water than normal.

I am working on posting my pictures but here are a few for you to see. This was Cabin 8333 on the Destiny.

http://www.debspictures.com/thumbnails.php?album=17

Archived