Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

2 hump days for me and 11 and a half days and 92 hours left at work. Someone said I should count work hours so when I figured it out it and it [ATTACH]334138[/ATTACH]made me more happy!!!!!

WHOOT WHOOT TO ALL!!!

Deb

Wow, it's almost your time! Still loving it here. Booked a January cruise six weeks ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is getting super close...just doesn't seem real yet. And what have you been up to??? Enjoying yourself??

Deb

Loving retirement. Thought I would miss work dreadfully but not true:). I can't believe how stress-free life has become. And I continue to book cruises! Next up, January 3rd on Quantum of the Seas. Katherine

Hi yall!! I love knowing yall are enjoying retirement and staying in touch!! I'm also taking a cruise..Dec. 28 to Jan. 4. Then I work 8 and a half days...take off 1 and a half days which ends on a Friday. Have to go in the Tuesday after MLK day and that is it.:) Am I excited??? YES!!!! Let me know how your cruises go. Enjoy your holidays....knowing there is no alarm clock waiting to wake you up early afterward!!

Deb

Edited by zlacruising

Hi yall!! I love knowing yall are enjoying retirement and staying in touch!! I'm also taking a cruise..Dec. 28 to Jan. 4. Then I work 8 and a half days...take off 1 and a half days which ends on a Friday. Have to go in the Tuesday after MLK day and that is it.:) Am I excited??? YES!!!! Let me know how your cruises go. Enjoy your holidays....knowing there is no alarm clock waiting to wake you up early afterward!!

Deb

Have a great cruise - nice Xmas/Pre-retirement gift. My last day is the day after MLK day too!:D Will go in for 4 hours, then take my last four hours of unpaid furlough. Just seems appropriate given this unpaid furlough crap for the last 6 years.

29 more calendar days, 11 more work days (well, days at the office anyways;):o)

Have a great cruise - nice Xmas/Pre-retirement gift. My last day is the day after MLK day too!:D Will go in for 4 hours, then take my last four hours of unpaid furlough. Just seems appropriate given this unpaid furlough crap for the last 6 years.

29 more calendar days, 11 more work days (well, days at the office anyways;):o)

Wow! We ARE going to end up retiring on the same day!! :) I have a whole day but will spend half the day saying my good byes to friends and former students I have taught. Students are in 3rd and 4th and they still give me hugs in the hall when I see them. Those I will miss.:(

Deb

Tomorrow is my final hump day of work for ever! Unfortunately I am coming down with a cold. So I will be working under the weather. We don't take sick days in health care we just wear a mask. Ironic isn't it.

I just filled out some paper work that says I will get to take my pension. Just about to cut through the tape at the end of the race. That is the rat race.

Tomorrow is my final hump day of work for ever! Unfortunately I am coming down with a cold. So I will be working under the weather. We don't take sick days in health care we just wear a mask. Ironic isn't it.

I just filled out some paper work that says I will get to take my pension. Just about to cut through the tape at the end of the race. That is the rat race.

Congrats to you!!! You'll feel much better at the end of this week!!

Deb

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy Hump Day too!!

ijkh, sorry your under the weather, but try to enjoy this last hump day. Just knowing your at the goal line should be good medicine. Congrats to you!!

We are mostly over the flu that struck our house the last couple of weeks. The lingering cough is about it, so glad its behind us at this point with the holidays upon us.

Deb, gonna miss you next week to celebrate another hump day. Have a great cruise, enjoy the beach, hope y'all have great weather. Hoist an umbrella beverage for all of us left behind in the cold:(

So, only 3 more Hump Days until this rat leaves the race. Off next Wednesday, so only 2 more HDs left at work. Whoot Whoot, I can taste it now!!

Waiting for retirement is like looking forward to a holiday no one else is celebrating. It is more than a little odd.

I unfortunately came down with a nasty cold. Today I called in sick to work as the result. I felt a bit guilty because I only have 3 working days left. Still I don't feel I owe it to the team to come in ill. I guess you could say I finally have short-timer status.

Wow. This is amazing. Looking at retirement is thrilling, scary and exciting.

Also oh by the way we are preparing for a world cruise for the very first time. At least I am not the only one celebrating that event. It makes it all a little more tolerable than just not showing up for work.

Things are working out. Now if this cold would hurry up and finish. Thanks for listening.

Waiting for retirement is like looking forward to a holiday no one else is celebrating. It is more than a little odd.

I unfortunately came down with a nasty cold. Today I called in sick to work as the result. I felt a bit guilty because I only have 3 working days left. Still I don't feel I owe it to the team to come in ill. I guess you could say I finally have short-timer status.

Wow. This is amazing. Looking at retirement is thrilling, scary and exciting.

Also oh by the way we are preparing for a world cruise for the very first time. At least I am not the only one celebrating that event. It makes it all a little more tolerable than just not showing up for work.

Things are working out. Now if this cold would hurry up and finish. Thanks for listening.

Hope your starting to feel better. 'Tis the season, I guess :(

I agree, it will be different not having to answer that alarm every morning. While thrilling, scary and exciting, we too are so looking forward to the new chapter. We can't predict what the future will hold, but bring it on!

Enjoy your cruise, that is such a wonderful treat.

BTW, if you don't mind, what part of OR you call home? DW was born in Baker City, she still has family in that part of the state, and the Portland area too. We really enjoy the OR coast, we head up that way about once a year.

BTW, if you don't mind, what part of OR you call home? DW was born in Baker City, she still has family in that part of the state, and the Portland area too. We really enjoy the OR coast, we head up that way about once a year.

We are in the general Portland tri county area.

This is the first day of my flexible retirement.

Today is a public holiday, and I have to take 24 hours off before returning to the office. I will be going back on Monday on a part-time basis.

I am looking forward to having a couple of extra days a week to have a rest but also to catch up on some work around the house and garden. It has all overwhelmed me at times. I certainly won't be doing much outside at this time of the year as it is cold and damp. Never mind, there will be plenty of time to get it done.

Congrats to everyone who has just retired, or getting ready to.

I "should"be, as I will be 72 (most people think I am younger, which is GOOD for me) in February, but I love my job, so we'll see. :)

Can you tell us what you do? I am a teacher and plan on teaching full time for at least 4 more years (I am almost 63). Then I plan to work part time.

I too will retire from my job as a certified lactation consultant for the past 25 years. I have four more work days with vacation days in between. Official date will be January 19. Many things have changed at work and now is a good time to say goodbye to that stage of my life. Will miss all the lovely new parents and babies but will get more time with my growing family and grandchildren. Will celebrate with a transatlantic cruise with my husband. He is not ready to retire as yet. He still enjoys the rat race of his job so he will continue for now. Life changes and one door closes as another opens. Too all enjoy the change and I will join the ranks soon. :)

I too will retire from my job as a certified lactation consultant for the past 25 years. I have four more work days with vacation days in between. Official date will be January 19. Many things have changed at work and now is a good time to say goodbye to that stage of my life. Will miss all the lovely new parents and babies but will get more time with my growing family and grandchildren. Will celebrate with a transatlantic cruise with my husband. He is not ready to retire as yet. He still enjoys the rat race of his job so he will continue for now. Life changes and one door closes as another opens. Too all enjoy the change and I will join the ranks soon. :)

Congrats to you too! Both Karen (zlacruising) and my DW and I also retire this month on the 20th. Can't speak for Karen (she's cruising as I type this), but when I return to the office on the 5th, I will have 15 calendar days, 10 working days left to go. WhooHooo.

Happy New Years everyone!!!