Price Drop After Final Payment?!?

JAKcruiser

The price of our cruise, that departs in two weeks, just dropped by $60 per person. We booked at a Past Guest Rate and the decrease is also for the Past Guest Rate. I called our travel agent to see if we could get an On Board Credit for the difference, but he said that wasn't possible after Final Payment. All he could do is move us up from a 6D to a 6E, which only moves our cabin down a few doors. We're not interested in that.

I thought I had read other discussions about getting an OBC when this happens. Has anyone been able to do so? Is this at the discretion of the TA? It's not like its a lot of money so I'm not going to be stressed about it, but I am curious.

Thanks for your help! No matter what, we'll have a great time.

It's only available if you booked ES. If you're not booked ES, then all you can do is upgrade.

The above correct.

I did book ES for my upcoming Nov. Pride cruise. Carnival issued OBC for the difference this morning.

Oliver

The price of our cruise, that departs in two weeks, just dropped by $60 per person. We booked at a Past Guest Rate and the decrease is also for the Past Guest Rate. I called our travel agent to see if we could get an On Board Credit for the difference, but he said that wasn't possible after Final Payment. All he could do is move us up from a 6D to a 6E, which only moves our cabin down a few doors. We're not interested in that.

I thought I had read other discussions about getting an OBC when this happens. Has anyone been able to do so? Is this at the discretion of the TA? It's not like its a lot of money so I'm not going to be stressed about it, but I am curious.

Thanks for your help! No matter what, we'll have a great time.

ccl stopped doing obc & price reductions some time ago. all they do now once you're within final payment and rates drop, is offer an upgrade to something comprable to what you're currently paying. totally sucks. but obc & price reductions were looked at as a courtesy because in the travel industry alot of other companies don't do that.

Firefly = JAK:confused::confused::confused::confused:

shouldn't they be FF??;)

Bill

Nope, my email if you email my email in my profile, comes from J ak, not sure why yahoo puts in the blank space. I used to have reddish hair, more stawberry blond and hence fire for redhead temper. Still have that Irish last name. My gamer friends all just call me fire from the old days. I dont relate to FF. J for Jane, Im just a plain Jane ... and heard every Tarzan joke in the world.

Wow, this thread evolved. It's funny how everyone gets their "handle". I saw someone named JAXcruiser who lived in Jacksonville. Mine is from initials - pretty boring.

Thank you for the answer to my question. I knew that I read about some people receiving OBC's when prices dropped, I just didn't know the rules.

• 3 weeks later...

After we paid our final payment for a balcony room on Celebrity Mercury for the Dec 21st sailing they dropped the price by $550 EACH. The TA says they tried to get an adjustment, upgrade or OBC to no avail. After reading responses here I am not feeling hopeful. Would it help to call the Cruiseline directly? Any suggestions? This has ruined the entire experience before we even get there.:(

After we paid our final payment for a balcony room on Celebrity Mercury for the Dec 21st sailing they dropped the price by $550 EACH. The TA says they tried to get an adjustment, upgrade or OBC to no avail. After reading responses here I am not feeling hopeful. Would it help to call the Cruiseline directly? Any suggestions? This has ruined the entire experience before we even get there.:(

You're talking about Celebrity, these responses are for Carnival.

If you booked thru a TA, same rules apply to Celebrity, i.e. you have to go thru your TA and trust they are telling the truth. I know RCL gives OBC and they own Celebrity, so the reply doesnt make sense to me. Maybe they would give you a general reply if you called them, just not do anything for you regarding your booking?

.... unless the price is that tuesday last minute special, in which case no upgrade or OBC.

Archived