Jewel TA Review - belated and very long!

johnql

What a wonderful review. I thank you for sharing. I felt like I was right along with you all. Can't wait now until January. I have never been on the Jewel so we are looking forward to being on a new ship..Well new for us..

That was a great review. We will be on the Jewel Oct 30. We also have a mini suite. Could you tell me if there is a shampoo and conditioner dispenser in the bathroom.

Here's the soap and shampoo dispenser in the tub/shower (no conditioner):

IMG_0437.jpg

Here's what provided in the bathroom:

IMG_0439.jpg

And here's the soap dispenser near the sink:

IMG_0441.jpg

Thank you so much for the most thorough review I've ever seen. We so appreciate the menues and pictures included. You certainly have us very excited about our upcoming 14 night repo on the Jewel on Oct. 30th. We were also happy to see pictures included of an AB suite which we will be enjoying.

• 3 months later...

johnql,

What an amazingly thorough review. Having reviewed your pictures I feel like I now really know what to expect. We're in 11004 in March so I'll read your review more fully between now and then are be ready!

Lee

johnql,

What an amazingly thorough review. Having reviewed your pictures I feel like I now really know what to expect. We're in 11004 in March so I'll read your review more fully between now and then are be ready!

Lee

Glad you enjoyed the review and the pics. Have a great cruise! Wish I were going again.

• 3 weeks later...

John,

first of all, thank you for the review. It covered everything we needed to know except one thing. Looking at the ship's cabins and based on the number you gave I'm assuming you were in the Penthouse Suite, is this correct? We're planning a cruise on the Pearl and want the most we can get for our money as far as cabin accommodations. We've sailed 6 times previously but never on Norwegian and prefer to be mid-ship. Have you previously sailed in any of the suites located mid-ship? If so, I'd like your feedback.

thanks.

John,

first of all, thank you for the review. It covered everything we needed to know except one thing. Looking at the ship's cabins and based on the number you gave I'm assuming you were in the Penthouse Suite, is this correct? We're planning a cruise on the Pearl and want the most we can get for our money as far as cabin accommodations. We've sailed 6 times previously but never on Norwegian and prefer to be mid-ship. Have you previously sailed in any of the suites located mid-ship? If so, I'd like your feedback.

thanks.

I've never sailed in a suite (maybe some day). On this cruise, I was in an AF mini-suite (11002), first AF cabin on the starboard side, all the way forward (actually, next door to the CD's cabin). Glad you enjoyed the review.

• 2 years later...

John,

Your review was awesome.... If possible, could you share the recipe you received for Le Bistro's Cream of Four Mushroom soup? We are just home from the Gem and had dinner there less than 24 hrs ago. We are missing that soup already. I'd like to make it for my mom as a surprise. Any help you can provide would be great...

Thanks!

John,

Your review was awesome.... If possible, could you share the recipe you received for Le Bistro's Cream of Four Mushroom soup? We are just home from the Gem and had dinner there less than 24 hrs ago. We are missing that soup already. I'd like to make it for my mom as a surprise. Any help you can provide would be great...

Thanks!

I'll get it from my friend (she's the cook, not me). She made the soup at home following the recipe and she said it was great but a lot of trouble. I'll post it when I get it.

P.S. I love that soup, too!

Thanks johnql-- you rock! I've scoured the net and it seems you are one of the few that have it!!!

Here you go. My friend wants you to know that she had a very hard time finding all of the ingredients and that it will end up being very expensive. She did end up enjoying the soup (as did everyone that she served it to), but she doesn't think she'll ever do it again. Good luck!

NCLMushroomSoup1.jpg

NCLMushroomSoup2.jpg

awesome johnql! Thanks to you for asking your friend to find it. Thanks for the warning about the ingredients--- it doesn't look horrible but will be an excellent treat!

Again, a million thanks!

You're welcome. Since you had this soup recently on the Gem, you'll notice that the presentation has changed - it used to be served in a sourdough bread bowl that was delicious in and of itself. They've eliminated the bread bowl but I believe the soup itself remains the same. I know I still enjoyed it on the Gem in January of this year and I don't remember it being any different from the soup on the Jewel. However, time can play tricks on one's memory and after 2-1/2 years between bowls of soup, who knows. Without a side-by-side comparison of the two recipes, I'm just speculating (based on my own taste buds) that the recipe is the same.

Again, good luck and I hope the soup turns out as delicious as you remember it from your cruise.

What an incredibly detailed review. Thank you very much for taking the time to post all of it. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Glad you enjoyed it. However, keep in mind that this is a somewhat dated review since my sailing was in Sept 2009. I'm sure there have been some minor changes on the ship since then.

Just came across this and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the detailed post. It brought back a lot of good memories. We did a Baltic Cruise out of Dover on the Dream. We stayed in atrocious B and B, but had a great time in the town. John O'Hara was our HD on Jewel for a Canada cruise, and Darin Wyman was our CD on Jade for a Med Cruise. I appreciate the info on the cabin poker crawl. We'll probably try to do that on our next Jade cruise. Thanks again.

Archived