How to order a birthday cake or other special surprises?

Laughing Gull

This can all be pre-booked or done once on board. Princess will never refuse your money. Ask at the purser's desk when you board. Princess has a florist on board so you can always but flowers. There are a lot of packages which you can order before boarding. My wife and I renewed our vows for our 25th and had a very nice package with photos. You can access all of this info at their website.

Yes, you can order them in advance through the special occassion department ... actually that's not the real name of the department (cos I'm old and I forget) but if you call them they can direct you to the proper department. Same department that sets up private parties. I did it one year because my GS's birthday was the day we boarded and I wanted to make sure we had the cake. I think I paid $1.50 per person for the cake.

This can all be pre-booked or done once on board. Princess will never refuse your money. Ask at the purser's desk when you board. Princess has a florist on board so you can always but flowers. There are a lot of packages which you can order before boarding. My wife and I renewed our vows for our 25th and had a very nice package with photos. You can access all of this info at their website.

Do you remember about how much the package was? My wife and I are celebrating our 25th on the Golden in March

Yes, you can order them in advance through the special occassion department ... actually that's not the real name of the department (cos I'm old and I forget) but if you call them they can direct you to the proper department. Same department that sets up private parties. I did it one year because my GS's birthday was the day we boarded and I wanted to make sure we had the cake. I think I paid $1.50 per person for the cake.

Thank you for that information. ;)

Explorer - The information is all at Princess' website under "Onboard Experiences" "Special Services" "Celebrations". I'll try to copy & paste the Renewal of Vows packages:

Renewal of Vows

To order a gift, please complete the form.

Download

Renewal of Vows

This package includes:

A renewal of vows ceremony*.

Orchid bouquet and boutonniere for ceremony.

Commemorative certificate for "renewal of vows" signed by the Captain.

One bottle of champagne in your stateroom.

Two Princess Cruises engraved souvenir champagne glasses.

A framed portrait of the ceremony.

Item #1103 $205 per couple

Deluxe Renewal of Vows

This package includes:

All the benefits of the above Renewal of Vows Package plus these fabulous extras:

Champagne breakfast in bed-a half bottle of French champagne delivered with breakfast in your stateroom the morning of your choice.

Two Princess Cruises waffle robes-a gift for you to take home.

A visit to the Spa - one 25-minute therapeutic massage or facial per person.

Choice of canapés or petit fours in your stateroom on selected evenings.

A personalized invitation from the Captain to visit the bridge while in port.

Item #1104 $485 per couple

* Renewal of Vows is a group ceremony at the ship's discretion. All arrangements will be made by the ship's representative onboard.

Does anyone have information on how to order a birthday cake or embarkation canapes for in the cabin? We have not booked yet so we do not have access to all of the Princess website. Thank you :)

We have done this several times. We usually cruise in Sept and have several birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate so we order a special cake to be served on the requested day. You go to the pursers desk and they will take your order. They will ask you what type of cake and what you want written on it. There is a serving charge of $1.50 per person to serve it but it is worth it. The cake is huge and delicious and you can take it back to your suite. I've never seen anything where you can pre-order this before your cruise. Hope this helps.:D

Here's the note from my email when I set it up. This was last year but I'm sure the price is the same.

I have received your fax requesting a sheet cake on your Sapphire

Princess H807. You have a couple of options.

1) If I order the cake, the cost is $1.50 per person which can be

billed to your stateroom.

2) If you ask your head waiter onboard, the night before, they probably

won't charge. You would just ask them that you are celebrating a birthday and want a cake for all of you.

>

The department was "onboard services"

Thank you for that information. ;)

Explorer - The information is all at Princess' website under "Onboard Experiences" "Special Services" "Celebrations". I'll try to copy & paste the Renewal of Vows packages:

Renewal of Vows

To order a gift, please complete the form.

Download

Renewal of Vows

This package includes:

A renewal of vows ceremony*.

Orchid bouquet and boutonniere for ceremony.

Commemorative certificate for "renewal of vows" signed by the Captain.

One bottle of champagne in your stateroom.

Two Princess Cruises engraved souvenir champagne glasses.

A framed portrait of the ceremony.

Item #1103 $205 per couple

Deluxe Renewal of Vows

This package includes:

All the benefits of the above Renewal of Vows Package plus these fabulous extras:

Champagne breakfast in bed-a half bottle of French champagne delivered with breakfast in your stateroom the morning of your choice.

Two Princess Cruises waffle robes-a gift for you to take home.

A visit to the Spa - one 25-minute therapeutic massage or facial per person.

Choice of canapés or petit fours in your stateroom on selected evenings.

A personalized invitation from the Captain to visit the bridge while in port.

Item #1104 $485 per couple

* Renewal of Vows is a group ceremony at the ship's discretion. All arrangements will be made by the ship's representative onboard.

Thanks for the info

Five years ago we were sailing within a week of my daughter's birthday so I put it in the CP. There wasn't a sign on our door when we boarded so a day later, I called the front desk. A couple of days later there was a sign and the waiter asked me when my daughter wanted the cake (which was free). It was so rich, we took the leftovers back and stored it in the fridge til it was eaten. I had asked the kids' program counselors if she could share it with the other kids, but was told no because of allergy concerns.

Archived