4 people--Inside Cabin?

cawagner

Cool cruiser - I guess I really am a little late to add to this but wanted to say that we have mostly done inside cabins with four of us and have done Majesty (same as Monarch). We find there is plenty of room. Our family is three guys and me....so more tuxedos than dresses in our cabin. We do not find any problems at all with the size of the rooms. We hang all our clothes in the closet and put shoes in the closets too and arrange our four bags (one each) either in the closet on the night stands or on the couch or desk depending on the room configuration. We find the room stays very tidy this way. You do have to shower in shifts. I usually go first, that way I can use the desk to put on make up etc.

I also did Empress with two other adult women (so only three in the room) and it was a piece of cake as well. One in the bathroom, one at the vanity desk and one finishing getting dressed.

It's way easier to do the inside cabins with four than people here make it out.

Now that's not to say that two cabins isn't better, of course it is and when we feel we have extra money we have booked the two cabins adjoining, the extra space and extra bathroom are definitely handy but not necessary for a great vacation.

Enjoy your holiday!

You definitely will not regret your decision...very smart choice :)

Yeah, the more we thought about it...it IS vacation and it is the kids' first cruise we would rather make them love it and not think OMG never again because they did see some pictures with the pullmans down http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1060263 (second picture) and the kids were :eek: I'm not sleeping on that!

Thanks everyone for the info!

attachment.php?attachmentid=102223&d=1232240436

Copied from another thread.

Is this the pic??? I seriously don't know how people can stand it :eek: Maybe if you've got 4 kids in there and they are having a great time, but adults with their adult sized kids?

I just remember always having someone wanting in the bathroom when I was in there, having to dress in the hall and being bashed by one of the doors opening. Not to mention, there was always someone opening the cabin door at the worst possible moment for me and having passersby peering in. Luckily we had a balcony, so I would go out there to put on makeup.

Is this the pic??? I seriously don't know how people can stand it :eek: Maybe if you've got 4 kids in there and they are having a great time, but adults with their adult sized kids?

I just remember always having someone wanting in the bathroom when I was in there, having to dress in the hall and being bashed by one of the doors opening. Not to mention, there was always someone opening the cabin door at the worst possible moment for me and having passersby peering in. Luckily we had a balcony, so I would go out there to put on makeup.

Yeah, that would be one of the pics I showed them, they wanted no part of that LOL would rather NOT have a cruise filled with bickering in the cabin.

Those pics are enough to convince anybody. I guess it all depends on the ship and is not only about being an 'inside'. As I previously posted we have done 3 insides with kids and never had anything that small. I would not be able to survive a week like that. The OP made a good call.

It would be me, hubby and our 2 kids age 13 and 18 :) So I am thinking it will doable.

On our first cruise with just me and hubby we barely spent time in our cabin...only to sleep :rolleyes: ;) (just wont be any of that this trip LOL!)

the reason you only spent time in your cabin was to sleep is because that's all the cabin would accommodate. If you had a nicer cabin you'd spend more time enjoying it. Now with two teens it would be unbearable, I wouldn't do it.

It would be me, hubby and our 2 kids age 13 and 18 :) So I am thinking it will doable.

On our first cruise with just me and hubby we barely spent time in our cabin...only to sleep :rolleyes: ;) (just wont be any of that this trip LOL!)

:eek:;):D

Can't remember the thinking process, but we (4 ladies) did this once..inside cabin. We had friends in adjoining cabin and that was our saving grace. We had a ball and I guess the reason was we treated it like summer camp or dorm for grown-ups. Obviously we spent little time in the room, however, we did manage to pull off some hilarious videos. It was a 7-day cruise and between the 4 of us, we had over 40 pairs of shoes in that tiny cabin. I think the extreme cramped quarters can either be a subject of jokes or it can turn the whole cruise sour. Luckily, we went the joke route. I don't know if that would work well with a 13yr-old and 18yr-old. My kids might have tossed me overboard during the week if it had been them.

Honest to God truth, that was about the size of the HOUSE I grew up in.

I guess many here couldn't even imagine but it's not that bad:eek:

God Bless America becaue only here many would think that is really that bad, since you are on a boat/ship!

Going to the bathroom at night doesn't mean going outside or holding it. I tell my kids when mama goes home it like a special camping trip, a lot of nature:-)

I roomed with 2 other adult females on the Majesty of the Seas in August and it was tight. It's a good thing we only packed 1 carry-on luggage a piece. Closet space is minimal and the bathroom is VERY small. Climbing up the ladder to the bunk bed is no picnic. Good Luck!

I've only done it on Carnival because their inside cabins are bigger than RCCL's cabins and it was tight there. We had 2 adults, 1 grown son and his 10 yr old son. I can't imagine doing it in a smaller cabin. That is why we often take Carnival when we need extra space. BTW, we were on a 12-night European cruise on the Carnival Freedom.

hubby just commented he and 3 of his shipmates could do it, no problem. Way more space than when he was stationed on a submarine ... on a sub, you essentially get a rack space 3 feet by 6 feet by 24 inches from teh top of the mattress to the bottom of the rack above ... and you have a tray under the mattress 6 inches deep and a locker 4 inches tall by 20 inches wide by 20 inches deep to stow stuff like your shaving kit [it is ventillated].

WOW :eek:...a 13 & 18 yr. old....That's way too much family togetherness for my comfort....and probably for them too...everyone needs a little space....after all, it is a vacation right..:confused:

Never ever ever would I have 4 in an inside cabin. Or a balcony, for that matter.:p I'm a tried and true bathroom hog. I would be tossed overboard at the first opportunity.:rolleyes: I need my space. When the family is traveling together, we have 2 cabins and 2 bathrooms. Therefore, I stay alive.;)

If the cabin size is similar to those on Carnival, then it's really not that big a deal.

Carnival's cabins are much bigger...

Well hubby and I talked about it and decided on 2 yes 2 inside cabins even found connecting cabins in our price range so...yeah! :D

For those of you who missed the update from the OP -- they made their decision -- a very good one IMO :p:D

###

Honest to God truth, that was about the size of the HOUSE I grew up in.

I guess many here couldn't even imagine but it's not that bad:eek:

God Bless America becaue only here many would think that is really that bad, since you are on a boat/ship!

Going to the bathroom at night doesn't mean going outside or holding it. I tell my kids when mama goes home it like a special camping trip, a lot of nature:-)

I couldn't have said it better myself. :) Sure, I enjoy the extras, but I prefer to focus on the people rather than the things.

We'll be sailing in our first inside cabin in January - with FIVE! (Yes, 5! One is a baby in a porta-crib IF my DH is able to go.) Thankfully, we'll have adjoining cabins for my siblings so we'll have a bit more room (and send one of the kids over there, if necessary). I'm not stressed at all - it's a cruise, for goodness sakes! :D

I couldn't have said it better myself. :) Sure, I enjoy the extras, but I prefer to focus on the people rather than the things.

We'll be sailing in our first inside cabin in January - with FIVE! (Yes, 5! One is a baby in a porta-crib IF my DH is able to go.) Thankfully, we'll have adjoining cabins for my siblings so we'll have a bit more room (and send one of the kids over there, if necessary). I'm not stressed at all - it's a cruise, for goodness sakes! :D

There is no room for a porta-crib in an inside cabin :eek: Did you confirm this booking with your TA or the cruise line?

###

There is no room for a porta-crib in an inside cabin :eek: Did you confirm this booking with your TA or the cruise line?

###

Yes, I did. :) However, I'm under no illusions that there will be space for it. I reserved it to have in case I have to "restrain" my baby while I'm showering (figure there will be room in front of the beds), but have no plans on keeping it set-up for the duration of our cruise. I may even send it back if my DH is able to cruise with us. I hope to write a review of our cruise and will definitely let everyone know how 4 (or 5!) in a cabin went. :)

ETA: the crib is confirmed on our payment summary

Is your husband confirmed on this sailing as well?

###

Yes. Well, he was. There were five of us booked in one cabin until one week ago. I had to remove him from the ressie due to work issues. It's a misconception that you cannot have 5 people in a cabin. You can IF one is a child under 2. Most people do not believe this, but it is true and has been done. In fact, you can add one extra person to any stateroom as long as that extra person is under 2 (ex an inside cabin with a max of 2 people can hold a 3rd if it's a "baby," a grand suite with a max of 5 can hold 6 if the 6th is a "baby," and so on).

Archived