Oasis prices

Does anybody have an opinion regarding costs of a balcony cabin in May 2010? I was wondering if Oasis is going to be booked up throughout next year or if they might reduce fares as the sailing dates approach.

I appreciate there are a lot of people excited to try out Oasis but compared to other ships/cruise lines Oasis seems quite expensive (and there are a lot of cabins to fill).

I would love to try Oasis but we sailed on Celebrity Solstice in January and would also like to try another Celebrity ship. We have found we can get a balcony cabin on Century for almost half the price of Oasis.

Is it worth paying almost double the cost to sail Oasis vs Celebrity Century.

Anyone convince me:confused:

We have a booking for May 29,2010. So far we have one price drop of $100pp for D8 cabin.I hope the price to drop more getting close to sailing date, but I don't expect to see it as low as the rest of the RCCL ships.At least not until Allure comes out.

We have a booking for May 29,2010. So far we have one price drop of $100pp for D8 cabin.I hope the price to drop more getting close to sailing date, but I don't expect to see it as low as the rest of the RCCL ships.At least not until Allure comes out.

They are already booking Allure. This has not affected the Oasis that much in pricing.

I was looking to sail on the Oasis on 11-06-10 but we ended up going with the NCL Epic(will be newer then Oasis) we got A BC balcony for 859.00PP and a compatible cabin on Oasis is 500.00PP more....So it looks like we will just get to see Oasis when we are parked next to her in Nassau. Hopefully the prices come down because I would LOVE to sail on her but till then..........

We were all set to book Oasis but over 1000 dollars more for a similar room we also decided to go with Epic. Hopefully next year Oasis will get down under 1000 dollars for a Balcony and I will probably book her. She does look pretty impressive.

John

I don't think that the extras that Oasis will have is worth the price they are asking. If you are going to use the zipline, rock wall, flowrider, etc... maybe it would be worth it to you. I know that I would not use these things.

I agree with the poster who is going on Epic. It will still be a new ship, but at a much cheaper price.

I have never been interested in NCL, but I do like what I see on their website about Epic. I have been debating whether I should try it. I was looking at Oasis until I saw the price.

yeah i hear you...I just booked a balcony cabin for February...$1500 for two of us...that's a $1000 savings.

I went with oasis for obvious reasons but also because I booked it three or four months ago so we had over a year to pay it off.

I'm booked on Oasis at a premium price, I confess. Nonetheless, I do find this discussion interesting. My reasons for booking include the Aqua show, the new ice skating show, the theater shows, the new dining venues, and the innovative ship design.

But in keeping with price comparisons, we booked a four-night Navigator cruise in Jan 2010 in a grand suite for oursleves and our son cheaper than a deck ten balcony for two on Oasis four-night Labadee Extravaganza. That is kind of nuts. I guess I was carried away by the excitement.

Anyway, we have discussed Epic and Oasis. No one has thrown in Carnival's new Dream. My brother-in-law is very price conscious and he has booked a balcony on Dream in Jan 2010. I'm really curious to learn how these three new ships compare by cost and by amenities. Surely Oasis will win hands down in amenities and features.

Oasis is brutally high-priced and will remain so until her sister ship, Allure of the Seas, debuts in late 2010; this will drive down Oasis' price somewhat. I am cruising, solo, Oasis' "teaser" cruise Dec. 1, 2009, at $1884 for a balcony stateroom. [Halve that price for double-occupancy.] I am very much enticed by this ship's innovations and overall size---which will either set new standards for the cruise industry or fail miserably. I am skeptical (of the risk-taking wager) for RCCL. She is literally a small resort-city at sea! I can envision her prices decreasing in the third-quarter of 2010 as Allure approaches the horizon. Competition is healthy and everything. [incidentally, the building of Oasis went over budget by $600M from what I've read; her final cost was $1.6B. Passenger occupancy rates will certainly help determine when she will be more affordable for the majority of interested cruise passengers.]

I have sailed Celebrity's Century three times; she's a wonderful ship, easy to navigate and has a nice crew.

We are sailing May 8, 2010 and we locked in the rates by forming a group back in July so that when prices went up people could get the locked in rate. We had some family and friends that weren't ready to book in July, and now this way they can book until January and still get the same rates we booked so early. Check it out! The group pricing already includes all taxes and there is actually a $50 typo in the balcony price! :)

I'd like to get to know your TA...I could find nothing under 1149.

Found Direct Cruises from the cruisecritic boards a while back. Departing 10/30/10. Might as well check them out to see if they have any pre-booked cruises left for other sailings. Never know!

debbie

Found Direct Cruises from the cruisecritic boards a while back. Departing 10/30/10. Might as well check them out to see if they have any pre-booked cruises left for other sailings. Never know!

debbie

Hey Debbie, we will become friends over the next year....We are booked on the 30th also.....One year from tonight we will be in costume and drunk I hope and zip lining, rock wall climbing, ice skating and doing the flow rider, all in costume...going to be a hoot.........Have you been on the Post for the 10/30/10 cruise yet. I have but not for a while. I have a hard time trying to keep up with everything that is going on...........Talk to you on the boards and welcome to meeting you in the future...Oasis is going to be the BOMB! :)

MIke

Was that $859 after taxes? I got a D6 balcony for $2000 for two people including all taxes and fees. I thought that was a pretty good deal compared to other pricing. We sail Oct.2nd 2010

Bill and I are in 11729, Balcony overlooking the Boardwalk....Last room over looking the Aqua Theater.......1200.00 PP after discounts and that includes all taxes so I am happy with that. Yes there were cheaper rooms but this is the room we wanted and for the Inagural Halloween cruise......It is going to be ONE SCARY CRUISE! Happy Halloween! :eek:

Mike

Archived