Rough Weather on the CB

Richard

On board the Caribbean Princess and we are encountering some rough weather. Last night the Captain said we will have 60 to 70 knott winds and seas to 14 feet. He was right and boy is the ship rocking. Should calm down later and Bermuda tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice...I hope.

Richard

We experienced a rough storm on the CB in 2007 and had to divert from St. Martin to Grand Turk. I had taken Meclazine so I didn't get sick, but I still had to stay in bed for about 24 hrs because I felt uncomfortable otherwise. Hang in there until it passes.

the rough seas are often accentuated by the Gulf Stream and hopefully once you get out of there it will calm down. Just been speaking to my mother and it is very windy in Bermuda at the moment (3pm) but she says the forecast is for better weather tomorrow. Small craft are still going out to sea so it is not horrendous!

We just got off the CB on 10/24 and, like Arizonaperson said, we experienced some really rough weather last week. So rough in fact, that the bow came crashing down on top of a large wave and we heard (and felt) a large crash throughout the ship. The next morning the Captain came on and said the 16th deck on the Port side of the ship (above the forward pool) had cracked and needed to be repaired. You can still see the patch that they bolted onto the side of the deck below the railing above the pool. They were still making welded repairs over the next several days to get the problem corrected.

Sorry we broke the boat for you guys...

My daughter is on the CB now, she left a voice message on my cell that the ship is going through some rough stormy weather. I have not heard from her again. I know she is safe but I wish I knew more!!!! Leaving out of Brooklyn and going to Bermuda anyone hear anything?

Dorene

Archived