NCL Bon Voyage Gifts

scg6281

Does anybody know how to go about sending a Bon Voyage gift to yourself. I know that NCL has a gift delivery desk at each terminal and that BV gift/basket companies just deliver these to the desk with appropriate name and stateroom number on the tag.

The reason i ask... it seems that there could not be a better way to get yourself 3 nice bottles of wine with no problems.....avoiding all such corkage fees and security!

I asked something along these lines earlier, and was referred to the NCL website. I actually ordered the honeymoon package that includes some wine, champagne, a party and Le Bistro for 2.

Like you, I had wanted to know if it were possible to custom order a basket of goodies from some outside vendor and have it delivered to the ship. I think that is done at some ports, but I could not find any information on that sort of thing out of Charleston.

Exactly what i would like to know....i did an internet search and found a few companies in south florida that prepare bon voyage gifts.... i think that i will give them a call and do a custom order.

I live in Charleston... i am sure that we do not have readily available BV gifts since the NCL Majesty is the one ship that calls charleston home....and for only a few months a year.

My husband and I are sailing on 1/29/05 and certainly would like a solution to the -getting wine onboard- problem. I may call the shops we use, In Good Taste and Total Wines, and see if they have any thoughts. The Majesty has been sailing out of Charleston for almost two years so someone must have figured a better way than putting a "bag" of wine in their luggage. We just like to have a drink or two in the cabin and don't think it really curtails our ship purchases.

As far as other bon voyage gifts, we received the $79 Honeymoon gift last year but that was our 30th anniversary. We enjoyed it and have ordered it for this trip.

I have always liked flowers but NCL doesn't offer those in Charleston. I called many florists last March but delivery charges were exorbitant. Therefore, I carried a bouquet onto the Majesty myself. Although this got lots of attention and lots of "Oh, are those for me?" it was fun and I will be doing so again in three weeks.

Happy Day -- Joanne

My husband and I are sailing on 1/29/05 and certainly would like a solution to the -getting wine onboard- problem. I may call the shops we use, In Good Taste and Total Wines, and see if they have any thoughts. The Majesty has been sailing out of Charleston for almost two years so someone must have figured a better way than putting a "bag" of wine in their luggage. We just like to have a drink or two in the cabin and don't think it really curtails our ship purchases.

As far as other bon voyage gifts, we received the $79 Honeymoon gift last year but that was our 30th anniversary. We enjoyed it and have ordered it for this trip.

I have always liked flowers but NCL doesn't offer those in Charleston. I called many florists last March but delivery charges were exorbitant. Therefore, I carried a bouquet onto the Majesty myself. Although this got lots of attention and lots of "Oh, are those for me?" it was fun and I will be doing so again in three weeks.

Happy Day -- Joanne

Joanne

There is no problem getting wine to your cabin. You can order it from NCL as a gift it will be there. You can bring your own with a $10 dollar corkage still cheaper then a gift company. You can bring it back from dinner, you can call room service, and even go to any bar and order a bottle to take to the room.

Spirits a lot few choices :confused:

There was a thread pre new boards that included a list of companies that provided Bonne Voyage gifts in Miami. Might want to do a seach on the other boards that have more members - RCL/CCL

Archived