New alcohol rules on P & O

bridmo

Hi all

just been on their community site and apparentley you are not allowed to take wine etc on board for cabin consuption. Just bought a couple of these for the fridge and will chance my luck:eek:

See you all Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that this report is according to a letter that was given out on a Ventura cruise. No-one has reported this happening on any other ship and people who have received their pre-boarding information say there's nothing about it. It may be that the Captain on Ventura decided to implement this policy just for that particular cruise for whatever reason.

I would have thought that if P&O decided to change their policy they would have announced it properly. So hopefully you may still be able to take your bottles with you. A couple of people have emailed P&O asking for clarification so watch this space!

Did you read the whole thread? It has been confirmed by P&O HO that it is just for Ventura...Perhaps it would of been worth mentioning it was just this ship in your opening thread as it may concern other people about to sail on the other ships in the fleet....

It has been confirmed by P&O HO that it is just for Ventura...I wonder why?

I presume that you question is rhetorical?

Never mind; at least you can still have your boxes as long as you steer clear of the Burberry Barge!

;)

I should have stated the ship was Ventura but I posted at 12.50 and the reply stating it was only implemented on Ventura was at 14.40.

Appologies to all, new to cruising, maiden voyage Oceana this Friday

:o

I presume that you question is rhetorical?

Never mind; at least you can still have your boxes as long as you steer clear of the Burberry Barge!

;)

I think I have told you before, but you seem a bit obsessed worryingly about my habits, but I take one BOX not boxes onboard ship on a two week cruise, this is a wine box which holds 16 glasses shared between two people. Thats 8 glasses of wine for cabin consumption over a 14 day cruise...have you got a problem with this, as you keep mentioning it? Very strange? !:eek:

I think I have told you before, but you seem a bit obsessed worryingly about my habits, but I take one BOX not boxes onboard ship on a two week cruise, this is a wine box which holds 16 glasses shared between two people. Thats 8 glasses of wine for cabin consumption over a 14 day cruise...have you got a problem with this, as you keep mentioning it? Very strange? !:eek:

That sounds very mean to me. Mind you, given that you are drinking boxed wine, perhaps it is sensible after all.

Well thats it,

all packed and i am not opening it again.

Are we meeting up, lets do it,

Does any one know a bar on board if so lets say 11am or 3 pm first sea day (sat) please let me know.

bye for now

carol:D:D:D:cool:

Sue, I am very worried... I cannot understand how 8 glasses over a 14 day cruise appraches being enough. Frugal would be my initial thought albeit none of my concern - other than from a humanitarian standpoint. I don't understand why some seem to dwell on it. I took 5 bottles of Champagne on QV for a 10 day cruise and I was solo. :eek:

I expect that would be to partially counteract the effects of the Pol Acker, so kindly provided by Cunard.

;)

Thranite, whilst I would not chooses to buy Pol Acker, I find it is perfectly acceptable to slake my thirst having arrived hot and bothered in the cabin and whilst I unpack. As I always say "Noli equi dentes inspicere donati"

Archived