Changes with FCC's

bionicbeacher

I believe that each passenger must have an FCC in his or her name. If I have two and my wife has none, I get an OBC, but my wife does not.

Correct. However, you can call Princess and have one of the FCCs changed to be in your wife's name.

We have spoken of the “cross-over” booking where two Elite passengers book a separate stateroom each, having a sailing novice as a room mate (on paper that is). When they get aboard they change card keys and revert to two Elite and two novices in each cabin.

Should the Elite passengers have utilized their FCC’s, under the new rules they will receive their OBC’s but the novices will not. But the novices WILL receive all the perks of the Elite status including a bar set-up.

Should the Elite passengers have utilized their FCC’s, under the new rules they will receive their OBC’s but the novices will not. But the novices WILL receive all the perks of the Elite status including a bar set-up.

Actually yes and no to the statement that the novice cruiser would receive ALL the perks. If the Elite member changes staterooms, the bar set up will be delivered to the stateroom they had assigned, so in theory, the novice cruiser could enjoy that. But there would not be a second bar set up delivered to the stateroom that Elite member switched key cards for. But just to clarify. Things like the discount in the shops for Elite members are linked to their cruise card, not their stateroom. So Elite perks like that would not be afforded to the novice cruiser in the stateroom.

Laundry service needs to be signed by the Elite member, not the novice, and other such Elite perks.

Sounds to me like a huge hassle for a few small perks, but I guess if desperation is there, it can be done. ;)

But it also sounds to me more like someone trying to find another way to cheat the system then anything else. :(

...Sounds to me like a huge hassle for a few small perks, but I guess if desperation is there, it can be done. ;)

But it also sounds to me more like someone trying to find another way to cheat the system then anything else. :(

Princess is not the only one cutting corners in this "age of cutbacks"

This OBC/FCC thing sure is confusing to me. My dh and I paid the 100 dollars per person 3 years ago for 2 FCC on The Crown Princess. Have no idea where the PW is as we have moved. We just booked 2 rooms on a cruise this June, a balcony and an inside cabin. We were told that we had to pay 200 dollars a person for our 2 children to book the trip. We only got a 50 dollar OBC for the balcony and a 25 dollar credit for the inside cabin. Does this sound correct to all of you experts? I too was under the impression that we would only have to pay 100 per person for the kids.

This OBC/FCC thing sure is confusing to me. My dh and I paid the 100 dollars per person 3 years ago for 2 FCC on The Crown Princess. Have no idea where the PW is as we have moved. We just booked 2 rooms on a cruise this June, a balcony and an inside cabin. We were told that we had to pay 200 dollars a person for our 2 children to book the trip. We only got a 50 dollar OBC for the balcony and a 25 dollar credit for the inside cabin. Does this sound correct to all of you experts? I too was under the impression that we would only have to pay 100 per person for the kids.

You bought the FCC's under the old rules, but they applied the FCC's under the new rules. With a booking done in June you should have only paid an additional $100/PP; that's correct. You also should have gotten $50/PP for the outside and $25/PP for the inside. I would have fought for it, but you weren't aware of it. I would still try to talk to someone about it. Doesn't hurt. You may not get the extra OBC, but it never hurts to try.

Just finished all 10 pages of this thread, and I'm not sure if it helped or confused me more!!!!!:o

I have two separate issues regarding our FCC's that I would love your advice on:

1. We booked our upcoming TA cruise using one FCC and $100 additional monies. This cruise was booked prior to September, using FCC's purchased over a year ago. I have emailed our agent asking him to confirm with Princess that we are BOTH going to receive our $150 each OBC (18 nights - balcony cabin). I assume I have a right to argue if them come back saying no?

2. We now have 3 FCC's left in our account - one in my name and 2 in DH. All were purchased prior to this past September. I want to book a B2B for next Feb. Although these are the old style FCC's, I don't want to have to fight for the OBC. So is it possible to book using the FCC's on file, and then "add" on an additional FCC once I purchase more while on board the Star in April? Is it possible to go back and add an FCC to a booking that has already been made?

TIA!!!:)

Since you booked before the change in September, you should get $150 each OBC for the TA.

I think that you are not supposed to be able to add an FCC purchased after the reservation was made, but that some people have talked Princess into it.

your advice on:

1. We booked our upcoming TA cruise using one FCC and $100 additional monies. This cruise was booked prior to September' date=' using FCC's purchased over a year ago. I have emailed our agent asking him to confirm with Princess that we are BOTH going to receive our $150 each OBC (18 nights - balcony cabin). I assume I have a right to argue if them come back saying no?

2. We now have 3 FCC's left in our account - one in my name and 2 in DH. All were purchased prior to this past September. I want to book a B2B for next Feb. Although these are the old style FCC's, I don't want to have to fight for the OBC. So is it possible to book using the FCC's on file, and then "add" on an additional FCC once I purchase more while on board the Star in April? Is it possible to go back and add an FCC to a booking that has already been made?

TIA!!!:)[/quote']

On our cruise this fall, we had our TA check our shipboard credits before leaving for our cruise. She noticed that one of our credits disappeared (we had booked and used one FCC plus the $100 for the second passenger). It seems that Princess system removed all the shipboard credit from the second passenger when booking this way. She got right on the phone and called Princess and had it straightened out within minutes and our shipboard credit was reinstated.

So, if you find one of your shipboard credits is no longer there, if you booked direct, call Princess and discuss this issue (and don't take no for an answer) or if you booked with a TA, have them fight this one out for you (and again, don't let them take no for an answer). Good Luck!

Thanks again Pia. Just got off the phone with Princess and they are going to honor the OBC for each passenger. I really appreciated your help. I booked it so long ago I did not remember what it included. Always save your receipts.

Thanks again Pia. Just got off the phone with Princess and they are going to honor the OBC for each passenger. I really appreciated your help. I booked it so long ago I did not remember what it included. Always save your receipts.

Great news, Lisa. Even if it's only $75, it's better in your pocket. :D Enjoy your cruise.

On our cruise this fall, we had our TA check our shipboard credits before leaving for our cruise. She noticed that one of our credits disappeared (we had booked and used one FCC plus the $100 for the second passenger). It seems that Princess system removed all the shipboard credit from the second passenger when booking this way. She got right on the phone and called Princess and had it straightened out within minutes and our shipboard credit was reinstated.

So, if you find one of your shipboard credits is no longer there, if you booked direct, call Princess and discuss this issue (and don't take no for an answer) or if you booked with a TA, have them fight this one out for you (and again, don't let them take no for an answer). Good Luck!

Thankfully my TA just confirmed that the full OBC is there for both of us!!:D

Thankfully my TA just confirmed that the full OBC is there for both of us!!:D

Wonderful! Maybe they got this straightened out in their system. I know right after they changed it, shipboard credits were disappearing right and left. Hopefully, that is now taken care of. Great news!

I just booked my next cruise on Sat. I had two FCC. The first one went to me and I got a $50 obc. Used the second one for my mom but she doesn't get the obc.

Now to buy new FCCs in July.

This is correct. Since your mother does not have a FCC, she does not get the OBC.

Wonderful! Maybe they got this straightened out in their system. I know right after they changed it, shipboard credits were disappearing right and left. Hopefully, that is now taken care of. Great news!

Yeah!! Glad it worked out.

Thanks Toto and Paul. Now I need to figure out how to book our B2B using only 3 FCC's!!! I'd book separately but if I book them individually, along with the B2B we are going to do in Alaska in August, we'll finally be at Elite status! :D

I guess I could wait and book in April once we're on board the Star, but you know what its like once you get the itch to book!!!:rolleyes:

Can I do that? If so' date=' that would be the PERFECT answer!!!!!![/quote']

There was a time when you could book a TBA, but that was usually for adding another person to a triple or quad. If they allow you to book one person in a double for just the $100 FCC, go for it!

There was a time when you could book a TBA, but that was usually for adding another person to a triple or quad. If they allow you to book one person in a double for just the $100 FCC, go for it!

I couldn't agree more Pia! I'll check it all out tomorrow. I guess at the end of the day all I am missing out on is $50 OBC, as I'd get it for 3 of the legs. Maybe its hardly worth worrying about!!! Sometimes its just the thrill of the hunt!!!

Archived