Atlantis - RCI/RCCL Mariner of the Seas - October 17, 2010 (10/17/2010)

SoBayJake

Did I speak too soon? Yes, I spoke too soon!

Excuse me while I drop all pretense of butchness for a moment - squee!!

Ahem. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

haha....I feel your "pain!" My cabin mate and I are already complete, and ready for printing!

The URGE! party seems like a "we ran out of ideas/props, so come however the heck you feel like" party to me!

Did I speak too soon? Yes, I spoke too soon!

Excuse me while I drop all pretense of butchness for a moment - squee!!

Ahem. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

hahaha. you're funny! squeal indeed! :)

so no dog-tag party? or is that a given but just not mentioned?

I must admit I looked at the parties and thought 'what the hell are we gonna wear?!' I don't think we're gonna do many of them. obviously the white party is easy. maybe the 70's one. the others just seem a bit way out for us modest brittish boys!

all v exciting though! :)

There will be Dog Tag on the 2nd night of the cruise.

James and I will be in drag for the Looking Glass party. He will do it well and I will, well, look like a man in a dress. Sexy dress though! The looking glass can be anything you want. Comical, sexy, super hero, cartoon, athlete... you never know what you will see when peer into the Looking Glass. We had this on the Liberty cruise in January and there were all kinds of costumes. And remember we have Halloween right after we get back so you might be able to use your costume again!

As for the Urge Party-this is the typical 'Lost Island' party. Literally-think 'LOST' and 'Survivor'. Less is more!

We started out only going to dress for one party... now we have something for all of them. :)

There will be Dog Tag T-Dance on the 2nd day of the cruise.

James and I will be in drag for the Looking Glass party. He will do it well and I will, well, look like a man in a dress. Sexy dress though! The looking glass can be anything you want. Comical, sexy, super hero, cartoon, athlete... you never know what you will see when peering into the Looking Glass! :) We had this on the Liberty cruise in January and there were all kinds of costumes. And remember we have Halloween right after we get back so you might be able to use your costume again!

As for the Urge Party-this is the typical 'Lost Island' party. Literally-think 'LOST' and 'Survivor'. Less is more!

We started out only going to dress for one party... now we have something for all of them. :)

thanks JSnow! that actually makes it a little clearer! I guess we can do 'Lost' then! will get our thinking caps on about the Looking Glass one. not great at comical or sexy! so maybe will have a stab at one of the others! I bet that night's a sight to behold so would be a shame to miss out on being a part of it.

our open fancy dress outfits on the last cruise made us feel a but self conscious so it's knowing what's not going to repeat that feat!

tim n rob x

thanks JSnow! that actually makes it a little clearer! I guess we can do 'Lost' then! will get our thinking caps on about the Looking Glass one. not great at comical or sexy! so maybe will have a stab at one of the others! I bet that night's a sight to behold so would be a shame to miss out on being a part of it.

our open fancy dress outfits on the last cruise made us feel a but self conscious so it's knowing what's not going to repeat that feat!

tim n rob x

Do what you feel and feel what you do! Open fancy dress? Sounds like the beginning of a Pirate costume to me... and lets face it-who doesn't want to feel a pirate. ;) Oh wait... fell LIKE a Pirate... that's what I meant. :rolleyes:

Party Themes & Entertainment Preview

Ready to get some of your shopping out of the way? Here are the major theme parties for this cruise. As with all our events, special outfits and costumes are completely optional – we want you to be comfortable and enjoy in your own way.

Mardi Gras

Atlantis' tribute to the gayest events in Sydney and New Orleans lets your fantasies come to life. Sparkles, feathers, beads, and lots of color light up the night. Or come as you are and enjoy the show!

URGE!

Tropical, tribal, civilized, urban, primitive, and otherwise unbound in every way. Don’t fight it. Let your imagination and primal senses take over, giving in to your inner desires (with a little outer expression of course). Dress provocative, tribal, native, cool, warrior, slave, dazzling, or simply arrive casually repressed.

Classic Disco T-Dance

The spirit of the 70s lives for two brief hours in the afternoon on deck. Artificial fabrics, platform shoes, excess facial hair, and obnoxious chains welcome.

Through the Looking Glass

An all-night event transforming Studio B into our own version of Wonderland. Let your fantasies run wild in this parallel world where nothing is quite what it seems. At least for the night. Think cartoon chic, mardi gras leftovers, mad hatters family, or the ordinary visitor taking in the scenery.

Final Rinse T-Dance

We’ll clean it all up with a splash at our final T-dance! Simple, bright, and colorful, from pareos to shorts, leftover designer sunglasses, or that swimsuit you keep meaning to wear.

Atlantis' White Party

This one is so easy it needs no explanation. Our biggest party at sea is one very simple color, any way you want to interpret it.

Please note that all events take place outside on deck, except for “Through the Looking Glass” which will be held in Studio B.

This was copied as an event page in Facebook's LA-Mexico Oct. 17-24, 2010 Cruise.:

Time: Sunday, October 17 at 11:00pm - October 18 at 5:00am

Created By: ATLANTIS MARINER OF THE SEAS:THE FINAL ATLANTIS MARINER LA - MEXICO CRUISE

More Info:

There’s lot’s of excitement from a lot of you about the first night’s party on the cruise turning into to an Underwear/Swimwear Party. This is the third year in a row doing this and last year’s party was BAD and We "GOTTA FEELING" this year will be REAL BAD. So Bad, you will hopefully have a "BAD ROMANCE or 2 or 3 or. . .

It started three years ago when a group of about 30 of us showed up to one of the no theme parties in our underwear. Last year we did the same thing on the first night’s party of the cruise. Using FB we had over 300 people show up and dance the night away and this year were planning on an even more fellow cruisers getting into the spirit. This will no doubt as in year’s past get rid of inhibitions eased us all into a more friendly group sooner (before they reach that point on other cruises)

Please invite everyone you know that’s going on the LA to Mexico cruise to join in.

Thanks and we look forward to meeting you all soon!

If you want to check out this event page and join the exchange of ideas, here's the link. I just don't know if you actually need a Facebook account to access it. If not, just create one!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=160653387280472

-Ray

So the Urge party is one they've done before and the theme is definitely more on the tropical side? That's good to know - we were interpreting it more on the tribal side and my partner was thinking he could get away with a Viking costume from Halloween last year. Might need to rethink that!

(Other than fixing that costume, he's managed to get all of his party outfits sorted already! I'm amazed.)

I hope you have an incredible time!

agreat ship, great food, great guys......all the makings for a fantastic vacation.

Make sure you put yourself out there and let everyone get to know you as the great guy you are.

And if you can get sumpthin sumpthin sumpthin.......you go boy! Key West relived!

I'll raise a glass to you when I get on the RSVP Hawaiian cruise...gonna go to Hulas in Homo-lulu and get me a lap dance.......snap snap snap:D:D:D

Not long to go now, should be good.

Couple of questions, never been on a cruise before never mind a gay cruise ha

I notice they have soda package and wine package, I thought the soda was included in the price, didn't realise you had to pay for this, is it worth going for this?

What would you recommend re excursions, book through RC or independantly?

I also notice our room on the promendade has ajoining room to it, should I be concerned about this?

Can anyone post the parties and descriptions of each party? I'm hoping to book, but won't know until next week. I want to get a head start on costumes just in case!

Not sure if you already know about the current Atlantis promotion or not, but if you are making a new reservation, you should give the name of an existing passenger as the person who referred you to get $200 On Board Credit (or $300 upgrade credit). If you don't already know a name to use, PM me to learn mine and I will have Atlantis give you the $200 OBC.

Not long to go now, should be good.

Couple of questions, never been on a cruise before never mind a gay cruise ha

I notice they have soda package and wine package, I thought the soda was included in the price, didn't realise you had to pay for this, is it worth going for this? Can of soda = $2.24 with required tip included; Soda Pkg =$48.20; about 3 sodas/day = breakeven point (but Pkg is only for Coke brand fountain soda at bars and restaurants, NOT cans in room frig or Room Svc or other brands/flavors). With Pkg, you get RCI insulated mug (not required to use but handy pool-side and as souvenir) and your SeaPass card is marked showing you have Pkg.

I also notice our room on the promendade has ajoining room to it, should I be concerned about this? From other threads on this board, no need to worry. Of course, you might find your neighbor(s) to be very friendly!;)

See my info above.

Not sure if you already know about the current Atlantis promotion or not, but if you are making a new reservation, you should give the name of an existing passenger as the person who referred you to get $200 On Board Credit (or $300 upgrade credit). If you don't already know a name to use, PM me to learn mine and I will have Atlantis give you the $200 OBC.

Thanks for the offer! I do have friends who are currently booked so I am all set!

Hi LBCABob,

May I use your name to get the credit? Thanks.

Archived