Amy's Ridiculously Long & Detailed LIBERTY 11/1-8 Review with Pictures

amybeth4

Amy -

You have done an AWESOME job with your review! I found myself nodding my head in agreement to a lot of your review and thoroughly enjoyed your writing style. I admire your ability to write the review while we were still cruising. It was my intention to make notes each day but it did not happen and here it is about a week later and I'm still working on my review! Hopefully I can get it up this weekend...

I look forward to reading it and seeing the cruise from your eyes.

Anyway, I really enjoyed hearing about events and parts of the ship I didn't go to or hang out at much. It was like experiencing the same cruise but from a different angle. Just goes to show, you make your own cruise by what you choose to do!

I completely agree.

I think I saw you at least one night at Kory Simon's show while I was walking down the staircase from Promenade, at least if that was you like RIGHT NEXT to the piano.

Yes, by the third night, that was the only place we sat. Did you happen to walk by at the point where Kory would make us yell, "Up yours!!!!" to the passersby? :) How about the times people would walk by and he'd say to them, "Keep walking, this is a private party." God he was great.

Great photos of the wave pool! I found it entertainment unto itself and stood watching it for a while. I think I have a video or two of it also. I agree that the seas didn't seem that rough for 10'-15' from higher up even on deck 4 but looking out my inlaws deck 2 cabin they did look pretty high. The sloshing pools would lead you to believe the ship movement was more dramatic than it really was.

Yes I've been on Caribbean cruises with perfect weather (the Grandeur comes to mind) and half the passengers were hurling because the seas were WAY choppier than last week.

Thanks for including photos, they really make a review more special and real.

My pleasure!!!

Amybeth, was your captain Capt Kjetil Gjerstad?

I love Scandinavian names. It might as well be hieroglyphics.

I THINK that was his name. It sounds familiar but it MIGHT be simply because I've read his name on these boards prior to sailing. I didn't keep the sheet they give you with the list of the staff names and I just looked at my Compasses and it's not listed...

Amy, can you tell me a little more about the trivia? We never do anything--bf is not really a "joiner," but we love the trivia you can do at BW3 and other bars. How does it work? Do you have to be part of a team? Thanks!

What in the heckenheim is BW3?

Anyhoo, it's usually in a small lounge, like the Schooner. It's run by one of the Cruise Staff. Everyone kind of just sits with the person/people they know and that's a team. So if it's you and your BF, you'll be a team of two. Denise & I were a team of two but when you start seeing the same people at the games, you usually end up saying, "You wanna pair up?" That way there are more brains thinking of the answers. The rule is usually that teams can be minimum of two, max of six.

Usually they pick a topic and they read the questions from a sheet. Maybe it's entertainment, or geography, or something really specific like the one day we had Friends trivia. You write down your answers and then switch answer sheets with another team. Then the Staff person will go through each answer and you'll mark of the other team's sheet, give it back to them and you get back yours. Then you figure out who got the most right.

Sometimes they also do a Name that Tune kind of game, but it's the same concept. Oh there's also Tri Bond Trivia where they'll give you three words and you have to figure out what they have in common.

It's usually 30-40 minutes and lots of fun!! I hope you get to do it. We had three a day but I don't remember that many on the Majesty. Maybe two a day.

BW3 is a chain sports bar/wing place (Buffalo Wild Wings & W?--hence the W3). It's nothing exciting, but as you know, we don't have much here in WI. They do have trivia, though, so that's fun. We'll have to see what they have on Majesty.

I got our cruise docs today. So excited!

BW3 is a chain sports bar/wing place (Buffalo Wild Wings & W?--hence the W3). It's nothing exciting, but as you know, we don't have much here in WI. They do have trivia, though, so that's fun. We'll have to see what they have on Majesty.

I got our cruise docs today. So excited!

OMG you go girl. What's the dates of your cruise again? (I don't have signatures turned on.)

There is also movie trivia, TV tune trivia, forgot the others.The only problem is what their answer sheet says is the correct answer, sometimes is wrong. Also the more you cruise, the more likely you have heard the question and answer.

SO true and depending on who is running the game, they might not let the actual CORRECT answer go.

On the Feb Maj cruise, they asked what actress had been nominated for the most Best Actress Oscars or something...the answer was Katharine Hepburn but he had the answer listed as Audrey. Most of us had Katharine as our answer so because of that, he said he would change the answer. But it took some yelling by quite a few of us from various teams to convince him that Audrey was wrong! (And of course this was right before Meryl actually took the title!)

There is also movie trivia, TV tune trivia, forgot the others.The only problem is what their answer sheet says is the correct answer, sometimes is wrong. Also the more you cruise, the more likely you have heard the question and answer.

We also love trivia and on our last cruise there was a couple who was on their 184th Royal Caribbean cruise and they won every trivia contest probably because they had heard every question before !! I shudder to think how much Royal "stuff" they have gotten as prizes. We win fairly often (when these folks are not on our cruise!!) and I keep say ing I need tosell all my "stuff" on ebay!

Trivia is fun and also a good way to meet others in a laidback atmosphere (if you want to). Have Fun!

OMG you go girl. What's the dates of your cruise again? (I don't have signatures turned on.)

Dec. 14-18. Woo hoo! So excited! Our luggage tags say "platinum" on them--I feel like such a big shot. We had corona lights at our local bar the other night so we could feel like we were on the ship. And don't worry about the guff on the other thread. Do what makes you happy! :)

We also love trivia and on our last cruise there was a couple who was on their 184th Royal Caribbean cruise and they won every trivia contest probably because they had heard every question before !! I shudder to think how much Royal "stuff" they have gotten as prizes. We win fairly often (when these folks are not on our cruise!!) and I keep say ing I need tosell all my "stuff" on ebay!

Trivia is fun and also a good way to meet others in a laidback atmosphere (if you want to). Have Fun!

Thanks! As I said, BF isn't much of a joiner, so to get him to do more than sit by the pool is asking a lot, but we'll see. It sounds like fun.

They sometimes get very intense as the week goes on. I did a T/A on the Brilliance which almost erupted into hand to hand combat by the sixth day.

Oh boy! We're just going on this cruise to get away together and be alone, so that would not be ideal. :eek:

They sometimes get very intense as the week goes on. I did a T/A on the Brilliance which almost erupted into hand to hand combat by the sixth day.

They must be some serious trivia players!!!! Never ran into that on any of our cruises and, hopefully, never will !!!!! LOL!

P.S. Bluegirlum...as a previous poster said, you and bf can be a team all by yourselves if that is more comfortable for you, but definitely, at least, check it out! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Dec. 14-18. Woo hoo! So excited! Our luggage tags say "platinum" on them--I feel like such a big shot. We had corona lights at our local bar the other night so we could feel like we were on the ship. And don't worry about the guff on the other thread. Do what makes you happy! :)

Love you! :)

I hear ya on the Platinum thing. I switched over to platinum on RCCL's website just yesterday. Nice to see after being gold for 11 years.

BTW, if you're a beer drinker...do you drink Leinenkugels? I spent a few weeks in WI and discovered it and fell in love. Very hard to find here, but I found it at a beer distributor this week. I just finished the last of my six bottles. Honey Wheat. YUM!

They must be some serious trivia players!!!! Never ran into that on any of our cruises and, hopefully, never will !!!!! LOL!

P.S. Bluegirlum...as a previous poster said, you and bf can be a team all by yourselves if that is more comfortable for you, but definitely, at least, check it out! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Bluegirlum, if you're as cool on the ship as you are on these boards, you and your BF will hook up with others and make a bigger and stronger team and win lots of crap (pens, highlighters and key chains...yowza!).

Love you! :)

I hear ya on the Platinum thing. I switched over to platinum on RCCL's website just yesterday. Nice to see after being gold for 11 years.

BTW, if you're a beer drinker...do you drink Leinenkugels? I spent a few weeks in WI and discovered it and fell in love. Very hard to find here, but I found it at a beer distributor this week. I just finished the last of my six bottles. Honey Wheat. YUM!

Amybeth, I love Leinies! One of the Leinenkugels may run for governor of WI, actually, which would be a riot. Glad you can get it out there.

I'm all about winning goodies I don't need, so we'll definitely check out trivia. Thanks everyone!!

• 1 month later...

Thaks for a great review. I have a question about express check out. You have it noted at 6:15 til 7am. Is that a consistent thing you think. I want to make a 10am flight out of FT Lauderdale. I fI am off at 7 I can make it easy. Thanks

Thaks for a great review. I have a question about express check out. You have it noted at 6:15 til 7am. Is that a consistent thing you think. I want to make a 10am flight out of FT Lauderdale. I fI am off at 7 I can make it easy. Thanks

I can't say for SURE that it's consistent on every ship, but if you mean is it consistent on the Lib, I'd assume so.

If you mean is it consistent between ships, I'm not sure, but when I was on the Majesty in Feb, it was the same thing or at least VERY similar. It was either 6:15-7 on the Maj or 6:30-7:15.

Archived