Home Office Problems with Silversea

Kununoppin

During the summer I checked my Venetian Society account online for the first time. I found out that Silversea has split my cruises into two separate accounts. I worked with Silversea’s Personal Cruise Consultant who has booked our last two cruises to fix it, thinking that she would have an incentive to keep us happy. In September, the errors hadn’t been corrected and she told me that they were updating computers. As of today, still no correction and her response was “ . . . As soon as your record has been updated, you will be contacted. Thank you for your patience while we are changing computer systems.”

Does anyone know how to get action from the Home Office of Silversea, or know if other problems exist? I’ve often found that customer service problems at the “home office” are often the first symptom when a company is having financial difficulties. We’ve been considering booking our next cruise, but I’m hesitant if they can’t fix this little problem. Thanks for your help!

Such a minuscule proportion of the cruising public read and comment on these posts I doubt if the cruising company's administrators take them seriously. (With the exception of Oceania's; Del Rio.)

For example; despite the announcement some time ago of the suspension of the "Early Embarkation " program, the details of it are still displayed on the "My Cruise" page for a cruise sailing in February 2010. This is very confusing. I did email them asking for a clarification but they either are too busy to reply or they just ignore such requests.

If the break in the thread last weekend was supposed to be for updating the site why wasn't this page updated?

Goldens4, David...here is what I posted a few days ago reference early embarkation:

Just finished speaking with Robin, in FLL the Silversea Rsvn Manager, here is what she told me concerning early embarkation in 2010:

"Beginning in 2010, although, this will not be printed anywhere, at the Ship's discretion, you may board as early as noon. Those SS cruisers that already were confirmed for EE in 2010, will be honored and allowed to board beginning at 1030 am (access to public areas). SS is now not approving any advance requests for EE, informing the SS clients that EE for $100 pp has been discontinued, but you may board at noon (at the ship's discretion (ie., previous voyage pax have disembarked)), and have access to the public spaces but not immediate access to your suites."

I did read your posting Col. It was enlightening, however, the question is regarding the lack of response by SS HO to emails and their out-dated website.

With all respect, sir, it is wonderful that you have inside information which you are able to disseminate courtesy of CC, but the information should be available to all pax, the majority of whom are not familiar with this site.

Thanks, Col. Wes. I read that. What I am talking about is that they still have the Early Embark. Req. on the My Cruise section of the SS website. A friend checked on a Feb. 2010 cruise and it is still there. She asked me about it and I told her that Early Embark. no longer exists in 2010 unless you had a previous booking with the request already approved.

Since SS did maintenance on their website the other day, this should have been deleted. And, the new info. available to all pax.

Please call me Wes, retired the Colonel on 1 Jan of this year.

Guys, have no inside information link, just call the SS 1/800 phone number or

email the information desk at silversea (informationdesk@silversea.com) and they

respond (generally in a timely manner).

I absolutely agree SS needs to update their website from many directions (e.g. am

not happy that my voyage says u can make Spa appointments within 60 days of our voyage, and as of ten minutes ago (and 53 days out from our

Spirit TA) we still can't make a spa appointment for my bride)

Wes: Thank you for your service in the military.

I am glad that you agree with the reason for this thread. I can half understand the problem with Spirit spa reservations as i am sure that the operations staff are running around like chickens with their heads cut off preparing for, what is hopefully a wonderful maiden voyage. However, I cannot understand their tardiness in not having the correct information posted on their 2010 voyage information pages. As I stated on a previous post I had indeed contacted the company by email but to no avail. I hate to repeat myself but that unresponsiveness is the problem.

During the summer I checked my Venetian Society account online for the first time. I found out that Silversea has split my cruises into two separate accounts. I worked with Silversea’s Personal Cruise Consultant who has booked our last two cruises to fix it, thinking that she would have an incentive to keep us happy. In September, the errors hadn’t been corrected and she told me that they were updating computers. As of today, still no correction and her response was “ . . . As soon as your record has been updated, you will be contacted. Thank you for your patience while we are changing computer systems.”

Does anyone know how to get action from the Home Office of Silversea, or know if other problems exist? I’ve often found that customer service problems at the “home office” are often the first symptom when a company is having financial difficulties. We’ve been considering booking our next cruise, but I’m hesitant if they can’t fix this little problem. Thanks for your help!

The messages here are interesting - I wondered if I was alone in having emails ignored by Silverseas shoreside offices. My husband and I have now defected and reserved cruises with Seabourn and Crystal for 2010. We do not need to pay money to a cruise line that chooses to disregard it's paying customers.

Susanna

The messages here are interesting - I wondered if I was alone in having emails ignored by Silverseas shoreside offices. My husband and I have now defected and reserved cruises with Seabourn and Crystal for 2010. We do not need to pay money to a cruise line that chooses to disregard it's paying custome rs.

Susanna

Interesting. Perhaps a few comments like this will get someone's attention in FLL. I believe that they believe there is an untapped market for SS which they are trying to capture by "discounts" on phony "published fares." I wonder how many people have ever paid their "published fare." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think all of the cruise lines have trouble keeping their online info up to date. Why not go thru your TA and let them get the info from SS for you? That's what a good TA is for. I've never had a problem getting a question answered in a timely manner going thru our TA. SS Guest Services has been extremely helpful and has responded in a timely manner(usually 1 or 2 days) on all occasions.

I think all of the cruise lines have trouble keeping their online info up to date. Why not go thru your TA and let them get the info from SS for you?

Countless other business, many of whom are more complex than Silversea, are able to keep their web sites up to date. This is their public face. In this era, it's inexcusable for a business dealing with an upscale clientele to be so haphazard with their e-communications. (IMHO of course).

I was going to ask the question, 'how do you get a reply from Silversea?' (glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble), and I found this thread. I've emailed them a couple of times (via their website) but have not had any reply. This is very frustrating. Just putting my two-cents worth in, sorry. ;)

I was going to ask the question, 'how do you get a reply from Silversea?' (glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble), and I found this thread. I've emailed them a couple of times (via their website) but have not had any reply. This is very frustrating. Just putting my two-cents worth in, sorry. ;)

Hi V8Babe

Did you know there is an SS office in Sydney?

Silversea Cruises - Australia & New Zealand

Suite 1

Level 6

8 Spring Street

Sydney NSW 2000

Australia

Phone: +61 2 9255 0600

Fax: +61 2 9252 0100

I just rang them to see if they have a toll free number and it is:

1300 306 872

Cheers

ging466

Personally I have never had a problem with SS home office or their phone agents, "ever"

I do most of my contacts by phone, never e-mail and always talk directly to my agent or the Sydney office.

The other way l have used to contact has been by fax. Always a quick response 24/48 hrs.

I never deal with formal correspondance by e-mail if l want formal reply.

Just think how much e-mail, companys get these days. With all the garbage that gets sent to these addresses no wonder they find it hard deal with.

Why don't you just get your T/A or booking agent to do their job and get the answers you need. Thats what their there for and why you pay them.

I find e-mail to be the least productive of all the communication mediums.

Yes we could use any number of ways to get information from Silversea.

They do not seem to have a problem in sending me weekly E Mails on cruise deals and announcements that they want me to read.

Calling in the U.S. can be very frustrating at times and E Mail seems to be a very common means of contact here. They do have an E Mail address listed on their site that is to be used to contact them but they don't seem to reply to their Mail.

As you all know, in the "My cruise" window of the SS web site, is a tab inviting questions and special offer information.

Since making my booking I have sent two emails from this tab requesting information on the availability of sugar free sodas at bars and the early boarding time information which is still displayed with a fee schedule that I understand is no longer in effect. In a months time I have had no response.

There is NO excuse for ignoring such inquiries nor for having wrongful information on their web site. Despite their apparent blindness to their pax requests we are hoping that their shipboard service is as reported by the majority of satisfied cruisers on the SS threads. :confused::confused:

Eureka! I got an email this morn1ng in response to my 11/10 mail re early boarding--

"Thank you for your e-mail! The early embarkation program for 2010 has been discontinued and all guests can board between 3-5PM."

It looks as though there will no longer be any early boarding. If this is so pax who have traveled long distances to join the ships will have to wait at cruise terminals. Not the greatest scenario!! :(:(

Archived