Sneak Booze ?

gigman

Anyone had any luck bringing licquor aboard the Radiance at embarkation. Have had no trouble doing so on Princess, but I have heard RCCL will not only confiscate it if they find it, but also not return it at the end of the cruise !

Anyone had any luck bringing licquor aboard the Radiance at embarkation. Have had no trouble doing so on Princess, but I have heard RCCL will not only confiscate it if they find it, but also not return it at the end of the cruise !

Careful gigman...You could end up in the naughty room and your traveling companion might have to pick you up there at the end of the cruise....:eek:

Last time we went on the Jewel, we 'smuggled' 4 bottles of wine on board in our checked bags. And the wine waiter in Chops, on our third visit, even opened one for us and sampled it (Cloudy Bay 2005).

If you are going to do it, just make sure they are well packed :o

was just onradiance we used the rum runners in our checked luggage and we were fine but some of our friends had to go to the naughty room so its a gamble

Did your friends get busted using rum runners???? If so where did they pack them? I haven't heard of anyone getting caught using RR's....dang...and I just ordered mine! :eek: :p

Did your friends get busted using rum runners???? If so where did they pack them? I haven't heard of anyone getting caught using RR's....dang...and I just ordered mine! :eek: :p

nope they had bottles. the rum runners work great actually and they do not take alot of space. a whole bottle will fit in one rr just follow the instructions and your good to go. we put them in between clothes and in jeans

nope they had bottles. the rum runners work great actually and they do not take alot of space. a whole bottle will fit in one rr just follow the instructions and your good to go. we put them in between clothes and in jeans

WHEW..thanks...you had me worried for a while....I have read about RR's for years here but never had to use them as I have previously sailed with lines that aren't so commie like with their booze policies..:eek:

OMG, it is coming up on 16 hours and no lectures yet on how smuggling is against the line's policy and it is "stealing" from the ship's revenues.

What's the world coming to?

Tucker in Texas

settle settle, it's Sunday, they are all in Church re-charging the righteous bucket!

OMG, it is coming up on 16 hours and no lectures yet on how smuggling is against the line's policy and it is "stealing" from the ship's revenues.

What's the world coming to?

Tucker in Texas

I've refrained from this for a long time.. however, check the time difference.. CoxSwain must not be near the computer...

Since you are asking about Radiance in particular. Their naughty room is jam packed with luggage that has been scanned and suspected of having alcohol, irons, scissors or knives. That's the way it was on Oct 24 and Oct 29 of this year. I know......... :o They will ask you to open your luggage and pull out any of the prohibited items. It will be on the table as you go to get your luggage the day you get off the ship. It's right there as you walk in the door so you can't miss it. There will be all sorts of interesting items on the table. :)

Gina

Boy, I'm shocked this topic has never been brought up on CC. You'd think there would be at least one thread regarding this.

Use the search function and give yourself about 3 weeks to read all the smuggle alcohol related posts.

The original poster was asking for RECENT experience, and on a specific ship. If you don't want to read the thread, skip it! I always find these interesting and informative. I have been thinking about ordering a rum runner for awhile. But on the next cruise in 4 days, we might just bring a box of wine for our "getting ready in the cabin" beverages. Have been taking wine boxes for our past several cruises with no problems (Princess and Radiance).

October cruise on Freedom......12 of us in the group......5 of us with booze(rum runners)......none of us busted, however two non booze smugglers busted for irons so I know they were checking bags. Before I am castigated for ruining the bottom line for RCCL my tab alone for the week was $1200 so the fact that I brought a liquer that they don't sell on the ship aboard did not affect RCCL's bottom line in any way. Take your rum runners and have a great cruise.....Jim

Rum runner flasks are kind of like ziplocks for alcohol. They supposedly won't show on the xray, or at least don't look enough like bottles for the scanning people to care about them. You can google 'Rum Runner Flasks' to find their website, also available on Amazon.

The naughty room is where they put all of the checked in luggage that the x-ray has shown to possibly have banned items in like irons, bottles of booze etc.....the first evening of the cruise everyone who has had luggage picked must come to the naughty room to open said luggage and turn over the banned items and can then have thier luggage! :eek:

Archived