Food Allergies? Random Tip

justjen321

On a recent cruise with a friend who has a food allergy, I learned of a service I didn't know Carnival provided.

She went to the Maitre'd the first day of our cruise, and informed him of her issue. (The allergy is pepper, so it's tricky to find choices that are safe). Each night, a young woman from 'Special Dining Services' or some such thing would come to our table with the menu for the following night. (She always joked that the rest of us were't allowed to see it, top secret, yada yada) She took my friends order the night before, and the following night, her food was delivered without a stitch of the offending pepper.

She did a fabulous job, as did, frankly, the rest of the folks who came into contact with her food. :)

Just an FYI for anyone who might be wondering how to manage a food allergy.

The last time I cruised I was not aware of what my allergy was and had a major reaction on our private island stop.

I discovered I am allergic to wheat, which finds itself disguised in many different forms. So no sandwiches, cake, cookies, bread, soy sauce, sauces, etc. . . .really sucks, but the one thing it does save me from is overeating!

Currently also eliminating dairy from my diet. . .again lots of milk protein in everything.

Most times when I go out I order a salad or grilled meat and veggies.

When we booked our cruise, one of the questions was about allergies, so I will see what happens.

So far everywhere I have been, everyone has been super helpful. Many places the manager or chef comes out and goes over my choices with me.

Thanks, My DD and grandson just found out they have several different thing they are allergic to. Apples, Tomatoes, Bananas. I will let her know. We sail in 11 days! Yea!

Call carnival guest services asap and you can fill out a form to email or

fax to them. If they know ahead of time they can better serve you in this way. I went on the Glory 2 years ago and did this. You can go without,

but it is easier for them if they have a head's up first.

I have a gluten allergy that I was just diagnosed with less than a month

before I sailed. They were wonderful. Hostess came to my table every

night and took care of everything. It was great.

They do prefer 2 weeks notice, that's why I suggest trying to get this

form to them asap. Good luck and have an awesome cruise.

Call carnival guest services asap and you can fill out a form to email or

fax to them. If they know ahead of time they can better serve you in this way. I went on the Glory 2 years ago and did this. You can go without,

but it is easier for them if they have a head's up first.

I have a gluten allergy that I was just diagnosed with less than a month

before I sailed. They were wonderful. Hostess came to my table every

night and took care of everything. It was great.

They do prefer 2 weeks notice, that's why I suggest trying to get this

form to them asap. Good luck and have an awesome cruise.

Thank you, this is good to know. My DD has a peanut allergy. When I booked our cruise for next month, I was told to talk to someone when I got on the ship. I would rather send in a fax ahead of time so I can make sure that there are no problems. :confused:

Thanks, My DD and grandson just found out they have several different thing they are allergic to. Apples, Tomatoes, Bananas. I will let her know. We sail in 11 days! Yea!

There will also be a from to fill out for the Kid's Clubs (except Club O2).

Archived