thomson dream ,,anyone ,,,,,,

We are going on the new Dream next year 29/06/10 is anyone else going o her ,cannot wait have been on the destiny and loved it so hopefully this will be even better ,they definately have the right attitude to cruising with such friendly staff and all tips included :)

mrs.c

Hi, we're booked to go on the Dream in August. We were going on the Destiny but were offered a swap to the Dream. Can't wait to read first reviews. Didn't have to pay extra and we were able to keep our AI free upgrade. Considering the price of the ship when it goes to the Caribbean, I feel as if we have got a bargain. Maybe Thomson are hoping to get first-time 'Dreamers' hooked! Hope you have a great cruise and that you post your review.

Rosiebee :)

Hi, we're booked to go on the Dream in August. We were going on the Destiny but were offered a swap to the Dream. Can't wait to read first reviews. Didn't have to pay extra and we were able to keep our AI free upgrade. Considering the price of the ship when it goes to the Caribbean, I feel as if we have got a bargain. Maybe Thomson are hoping to get first-time 'Dreamers' hooked! Hope you have a great cruise and that you post your review.

Rosiebee :)

I certainly will soooo looking forward to it :D

mrs.c

i was wondering what was this ship before? well i went into thomson aghent today to ask. she was adamant she is a new build! ok i checked now i find she was homeric,westerdam and recently costa europa. they must like holland americahips they will have 3 then! i've been on destiiny she was a bit eratic on the choppy seas and celebration so might try this ship

dave

I've also swapped. Was going on Island Escape in July, now going on dream on 27/07/10. Can't wait, first time on a cruise as well.:D

Think you have started with the right ship you will be longing to get your next one booked when you come back :D

mrs.c

i was wondering what was this ship before? well i went into thomson aghent today to ask. she was adamant she is a new build! ok i checked now i find she was homeric,westerdam and recently costa europa. they must like holland americahips they will have 3 then! i've been on destiiny she was a bit eratic on the choppy seas and celebration so might try this ship

dave

Some TA that is :eek: when they dont even know what ship she was before :o

mrs.c

Yes she is still the Costa Europa, and changes over Spring next year to the Dream.

I have sailed on her twice as the Europa under the Costa banner, and providing Thomson do not change her to much, you are all in for a great surprise. better than exsisting Thomson ships by far.

While DW and I love Thomson for their Cruise packages, of late we have felt that the Fleet was getting very tired.

Yippee I say and hope for better things to come, fed up with these huge American ships and Costa need some new itinearies. All we need now is for them to return to sailing from the UK to make me a very happy man.

Yes she is still the Costa Europa, and changes over Spring next year to the Dream.

I have sailed on her twice as the Europa under the Costa banner, and providing Thomson do not change her to much, you are all in for a great surprise. better than exsisting Thomson ships by far.

While DW and I love Thomson for their Cruise packages, of late we have felt that the Fleet was getting very tired.

Yippee I say and hope for better things to come, fed up with these huge American ships and Costa need some new itinearies. All we need now is for them to return to sailing from the UK to make me a very happy man.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Better standard ships - but with the 'Thomson product' we all love - Perfick!!!! :D (Just as long as they don't price themselves out of the market! :( )

We've booked our first family cruise on Thomson Dream & set sail from Palma for 2 weeks b2b on July 27th 2010 - my birthday! We booked early & had AI included for free......I can't wait. Based on all I have read on these forums so far, the only critisism I ever read about Thomson is regarding their somewhat ageing fleet, hopefully Dream should address that problem & we will have a fab time.:)

Think at the moment the prices are quite high :( but maybe will come down when they are not selling as much ,,just have to keep looking for the bargains :D

mrs.c

As an fanatical cruising buff, I spend hours looking at cruise prices, (even though we have three booked) overall this year cruise prices have risen sharply, mainly due to the Euros/Pound/Dollar purchasing power.

One Cruise with Princess in the Caribbean was cheaper that one from Southampton. which has no air-fares to add.

Our Thomson Dream 7 day cruise in September is slightly cheaper than our Costa Serena 12 day cruise in Feb, the difference being I have a suite on Costa, an outside on Thomson.

The up side is that Gratuites, AI are included on Thomson while I expect at least E600 to be added to my Costa cruise.

Think that you have made the right choice Jo, and you will have a fantastic cruise :D I cannot wait to go on her as I go in june I will let you know all about it

mrs.c

Yes please! Do let me know how you get on. I can't wait to read the first reviews following her move to Thomson - fingers crossed they are all good!

Hi, first time on this forum. :) Hubby and I are booked on the Dream next June. Our first cruise. A travel agent told me the ship had had a £10m re-fit so should be good! Not sure if that's quite correct though. Anyway, was a bit disapponted as I booked direct through Portland which as you probably all know is part of Thomsons and tried very hard to get an AI upgrade. Nothing doing.

The ship is still cruising as Costa Europa, she was berthed behind us in Egypt on our Red sea cruise last week. I believe the refit is yet to be carried out. She looks nice, a bit bigger than existing Thompsons ships. If Thompsons maintain their friendly atmosphere with the more modern ship I think the Dream will do really well.:)

Good for you berwyn ,,,so it looks as though you will be first on the dream so you can give us some info when you get back ,,so looking forward to it

mrs.c

Thanks, We'll be on the 2nd cruise, but the 1st full week on her.

I know on the Princess ship we'll have 2 days getting down to the Med, But she's so big we can play on the ship. Also can't believe I can get a balcony on there for £200 less than a basic cabin on Destiny.

Also ports are almost identical to the Thomson's ones but we avoid having to do 2 stops in Morocco.

And the T.A we went to pricematched the online price

Berwyn

Berwyn

Well done! :) You must post back straight away - I know a lot of us on here are desperate to get some feed-back. ;)

Hi Kruzseeka, I'll be certain to do that. Pity in one way that the sea day is on day2 so won't get a proper chance to asses her that quick. But if I get a chance I'll post from aboard.

Also the move from destiny to Princess in June means we'll have a queen size bed rather than the 2 singles. Much better for our wedding anniversary cruise ;);)

Berwyn

Also the move from destiny to Princess in June means we'll have a queen size bed rather than the 2 singles. Much better for our wedding anniversary cruise ;);)

Life in the old dog yet eh ,,,,,, :D only joking ;)

have a fab time ,we did a cruise this year for our ruby weddding

mrs.c

Life in the old dog yet eh ,,,,,, :D only joking ;)

have a fab time ,we did a cruise this year for our ruby weddding

mrs.c

Definitely Mrs.C. :D I hate a single bed after sleeping in a kingsize at home. Always feel like I'm going to roll out.

Congratulations on reaching your 40th.

Berwyn

Definitely Mrs.C. :D I hate a single bed after sleeping in a kingsize at home. Always feel like I'm going to roll out.

Congratulations on reaching your 40th.

Berwyn

I find Via*gra is very good for stopping you rolling out of bed:rolleyes::eek:

Archived