Heavy is How Heavy???

jdlowndes

How big is too big, and how heavy is too heavy when it comes to bags for a 7 day cruise?

Carnival recommends no more than 50lbs per bag.. but those driving do not have to worry about that as much.. I have seen 2 people with like 10 bags.. I think that is overkill.. but there are some that must bring everything including the kitchen sink:D

How big is too big, and how heavy is too heavy when it comes to bags for a 7 day cruise?

Unfortunately, you can't smuggle your best bud on in your luggage. That would be too big and too heavy. :D

They say 50 pounds, but I've never ever seen anyone weigh anything anywhere. Good rule of thumb is if your luggage gives you a hernia when you toss it in the trunk, then blows your car's shocks when you back out of the driveway, you might want to rethink what you're taking. ;)

We learned some years ago, when our daughter worked for a major airline, that you must pack light, compact, and take only carry-ons. For a cruise, you don't need to take much--your floating hotel has nearly anything you might need. Also, they stop in other ports and you buy stuff there, too. If you forgot something, you might even learn that you didn't need it anyway. We try to leave room in the bags for the stuff we know we will acquire on the voyage.

At some point, you (not the taxi driver, skycap, ship's crewmember) have to carry the bag. I always tell my DW that I'll carry my bags, she has to carry hers. That tends to cut down on how much we have to lug around.

A cruise is a vacation, to get away from home. Don't try to take home with you.

Archived