VIP? What does that get us on Pride?

GroveGang

We were upgraded on Pride to a suite (7349) on Pride for spring break 2010. They couldn't accomofdate our request for balcony cabins so we eended up with a suite. What does VIP get you with Carnival? This will be our first Carnival cruise. Have sailed Princess, Royal Caribbean, HAL and NCL. How is Carnival differnt / better?

Thanks so much for the info.

We were upgraded on Pride to a suite (7349) on Pride for spring break 2010. They couldn't accomofdate our request for balcony cabins so we eended up with a suite. What does VIP get you with Carnival? This will be our first Carnival cruise. Have sailed Princess, Royal Caribbean, HAL and NCL. How is Carnival differnt / better?

Thanks so much for the info.

Cabin 7349 isn't a suite, it's an aft-facing cabin with an extended balcony. But to answer your question, if you're in a suite, you get priority embarkation and debarkation and a larger cabin.

Cabin 7349 isn't a suite, it's an aft-facing cabin with an extended balcony. But to answer your question, if you're in a suite, you get priority embarkation and debarkation and a larger cabin.

You're right. She must have posted the wrong cabin. Probably 7345 or 7347.

Bill

But I thought the only way to make VIP was ten sailings, in any category?

You're thinking Platinum

Booking a suite will get you VIP which is only good for VIP checkin. Early embarkation if there early enough and early debarkation if wanted.

The aft wraps are a category 9A, not a suite, right?

We were in an 8I (aft extended balcony), cabin 6262.

But I thought the only way to make VIP was ten sailings, in any category?

No, on the Spirit class ships, they are a suite, used to be category 11, but are now Vista Suites.

How many people can fit in one of those OS suites as far as sleeping accomodations?

I don't see any asterisk or anything on the deck plans.

They have to sleep more than 2 right?

Bill

Some do and some don't, they really do go by the notations on the deck plans, no asterisk, a suite for only 2. We were in corner wrap-around balcony suite 7347 and it is only for 2, but the other corner 7298 is for 3.

Some do and some don't, they really do go by the notations on the deck plans, no asterisk, a suite for only 2. We were in corner wrap-around balcony suite 7347 and it is only for 2, but the other corner 7298 is for 3.

I was just asking because the if he suite only holds 2 people then I can't see how that alleviates her problem.

She said the couldn't accomodate them in balcony(s) so they must have more than 2 people.

She also said she was moved to (a) suite and not suites.:confused:

Bill

Archived