***Rude people who cut in line***

Cruiser_SG77

[quote name='Cruiser_SG77']Same (and only) door as me and everyone else who was waiting in line...[/quote]

Well, then you clearly has cause to hit them with your purse. Or your wife's purse, as the case may be.

Sorry that happened to you. Some people just have no class.

[quote name='LemurCat']Well, then you clearly has cause to hit them with your purse. Or your wife's purse, as the case may be.

Sorry that happened to you. Some people just have no class.[/quote]

Exactly, but a comedy show is not enough reason to physically assault someone! (for me anyway)

[quote name='Irishlinny'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Notice it was the Dream out of [SIZE=5][COLOR=red]NY[/COLOR][/SIZE]....here we go again!:eek:[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But in fairness to the OP, that is a rotten thing for people to do. Unfortunately it happens all the time....:rolleyes:[/FONT][/quote]

lol...Irish i seem to remember some thread involving this very subject!! hmmmm............

[quote=Pirate's Cutie;22272985]New York has it's own culture. The essence of that culture (and I am a Native) is that TIME IS EXTREMELY VALUABLE. We are well paid but desperate for personal time. It's workaholic on steroids:eek: If you waste other people's time (holding up a line being friendly, etc.), New Yorkers will feel that YOU are the rude one. Vacation time is hard to come by (most of us are pressured to work 24/7 in a way others just don't get - the crackberry doesn't stop!) and many New Yorkers are pretty desperate but still wound pretty tight when we do get a few days off. Takes us about 3 days to pry our fingernails out of the ceiling, lol. Not saying all this is ideal by any means, but it is what is it is.[/quote]

This statement is so lame on so many levels.

To began with just because you are from NY is no reason to be rude and self centered. I am from Washington state own my own business have very little time for vacation. Maybe you need to shove your black berry up you back crack because that is where your head is at.

[quote name='yakdaddy42']This statement is so lame on so many levels.

To began with just because you are from NY is no reason to be rude and self centered. I am from Washington state own my own business have very little time for vacation. Maybe you need to shove your black berry up you back crack because that is where your head is at.[/quote]

:eek:

To began with just because you are from NY is no reason to be rude and self centered. I am from Washington state own my own business have very little time for vacation. Maybe you need to shove your black berry up you back crack because that is where your head is at.[/quote]
LOL - is that the Washington state style of manners? :eek:

I didn't think the Birkenstock and Hiking Boot set was so aggressive. You know that sort of attitude is bad for the environment, right? It puts off too many greenhouse gasses. :p

You know I mostly read and seldom post, but I have seen this on every cruise and here is what we always do:

We believe these kind of people deserve and in fact should be the subject of ridicule. However we do not believe in making any scenes or stoop to rude behavior that can be heard by innocent bystanders.

We ALWAYS make sure we sit near, or better, behind the offending couple. Then we start a conversation between my wife and I about how laughable passenger behavior is, and making sure the exact issue is discussed within earshot of the offending couple. We do this in a tone of feeling sorry for the ignorance of these kinds of people. In every case, you could tell the offenders heard it loud and clear, and there were never any scenes except you could tell they knew we were talking about their behavior. In some cases, they actually looked embarrased, in most cases these kinds of folks are just clueless.

However, we get the satisfaction of "message delivered" without stooping to their level.

[quote name='cruisercrash']
We believe these kind of people deserve and in fact should be the subject of ridicule. However we do not believe in making any scenes or stoop to rude behavior that can be heard by innocent bystanders.
[/quote]

Actually, embarrassing them is the only action I initiate. I find I start saying things others are only thinking, but then they chime in.

It doesn'[t ALWAYS work, but it does work frequently.

And it's ALWAYS fun. :D Helps being from NY.

[quote name='LemurCat']I didn't think the Birkenstock and Hiking Boot set was so aggressive. You know that sort of attitude is bad for the environment, right? It puts off too many greenhouse gasses. :p[/quote]

That's actually from all the granola. ;)

I was tempted on my first cruise to get upset at the people cutting in line. I took a breath and thought about what would make the cruise the most relaxing for me. Although it might not be how I would act at home, although it should be, I stood back and waited a couple of minutes more. I wasn't going to ruin my last cruise, or an upcoming one, pointing out other's bad behavior. How do the Canjun French say it? Laissez les bons temps rouler!

-Danny

Unfortunately, I witnessed this rude behavior upon boarding the Glory last year while waiting in the line for juice. This female about 25 years old jumps in front of the lady standing in front of me who was just about to put her glass up to the juice spout. The lady didn't speak up so I felt it was my duty to do so. (My family didn't nickname me Madea for nothing!)
I reminded this twit just how rude she was and she says to me "Oh I'm a diabetic so I need to eat quickly after waiting to get on the [U]boat[/U] so long!"

From one diabetic to another, I said to her "diabetic my a$$", I am a diabetic and me and most diabetics I know would go into a diabetic coma if we drank this fruit punch so the next time you decide to jump in front of someone, use a different excuse for being the rude person your mother gave birth too!"

Sorry but my sugar was low at the time and that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

[quote=Pirate's Cutie;22272985]New York has it's own culture. The essence of that culture (and I am a Native) is that TIME IS EXTREMELY VALUABLE. We are well paid but desperate for personal time. It's workaholic on steroids:eek: If you waste other people's time (holding up a line being friendly, etc.), New Yorkers will feel that YOU are the rude one. Vacation time is hard to come by (most of us are pressured to work 24/7 in a way others just don't get - the crackberry doesn't stop!) and many New Yorkers are pretty desperate but still wound pretty tight when we do get a few days off. Takes us about 3 days to pry our fingernails out of the ceiling, lol. Not saying all this is ideal by any means, but it is what is it is.[/quote]

I've been reading all these threads with anticipation of my first CCl cruise. Glad I studied self defense because this 58 year old will stop someone from bashing me with a purse and will stop someone (if they can be) from line cutting (not at the buffett though, I don't do buffetts) and I promise I will try to smuggle something on board to keep the curve up for the rest but alas I can not get up at 6 am to put a towel out by the pool because I don't do the pool (unless it is required to hog a chair for the fun of it) and I don't get up at 6am. I am a HAL veteran but I will do my best to fit in and have fun (although I will miss the walkers and scooters and occasional oxygen tanks).

But for the NYC take..the above post is what I learned in my one and only (but not last I hope) trip to Manhatten. People in Manhatten have brains that spin faster then the rest of us (especialy we from California) and it took my and my wife about 2 days to figure out we had to power up and move quickly to get things done and not to irritate the natives,,and it was pure fun (and yeah, they are friendly if you don't waste their time). I know going on vacation to do things fast sounds counterproductive but to get into the swing of things in the City was a blast. And I love the street hotdogs, and the pizza and eating at so many different places. Can't wait to go back. My favorite story was going to a delicatessan with a ton of other tourists at lunch time and they were all being ignorred at the counter. Well you got to step up to the plate and tell the counter guys what you want,,which I did. I was in and out with my slice while the rest of them floundered around aimlessly. Like the above poster stated, it's a city on 'roids which is what makes it so unique.

[quote name='Ithocles']I was tempted on my first cruise to get upset at the people cutting in line. I took a breath and thought about what would make the cruise the most relaxing for me. Although it might not be how I would act at home, although it should be, I stood back and waited a couple of minutes more. I wasn't going to ruin my last cruise, or an upcoming one, pointing out other's bad behavior. How do the Canjun French say it? Laissez les bons temps rouler!

-Danny[/quote]

OK, I don't know what "Laissez les bons temps rouler" means, but I think Danny has it right. Yeah it's frustrating to see people being rude, but it's hardly worth getting upset and having it ruin your day. After all, we live in a society where people will gladly get into physical altercations over someone looking at them the wrong way. I'm a big guy and can handle myself, but I would never want to get into an altercation because someone cut line, was rude, or otherwise did something that I would consider a slight. When we sailed the RCI Liberty of the Seas I was amazed at the low level of civility that people showed toward each other. As crazy as some of the behavior was, water off of a duck's back (or as the Cajun French say "Laissez les bons temps rouler." I still had an awesome cruise, and I know when we sail the Liberty in February there will be some of those rude people onboard too. But I gaurantee we'll ignore their behavior and focus on the awesome cruise that I know we're going to have.

[quote name='cruisercrash']You know I mostly read and seldom post, but I have seen this on every cruise and here is what we always do:

We ALWAYS make sure we sit near, or better, behind the offending couple. Then we start a conversation between my wife and I about how laughable passenger behavior is, and making sure the exact issue is discussed within earshot of the offending couple. We do this in a tone of feeling sorry for the ignorance of these kinds of people. In every case, you could tell the offenders heard it loud and clear, and there were never any scenes except you could tell they knew we were talking about their behavior. In some cases, they actually looked embarrased, in most cases these kinds of folks are just clueless.

However, we get the satisfaction of "message delivered" without stooping to their level.[/quote]

I think this is classic....I will give this a try when it happens to me.

[quote name='rigldbrg']OK, I don't know what "Laissez les bons temps rouler" means, but I think Danny has it right. Yeah it's frustrating to see people being rude, but it's hardly worth getting upset and having it ruin your day. After all, we live in a society where people will gladly get into physical altercations over someone looking at them the wrong way. I'm a big guy and can handle myself, but I would never want to get into an altercation because someone cut line, was rude, or otherwise did something that I would consider a slight. When we sailed the RCI Liberty of the Seas I was amazed at the low level of civility that people showed toward each other. As crazy as some of the behavior was, water off of a duck's back (or as the Cajun French say "Laissez les bons temps rouler." I still had an awesome cruise, and I know when we sail the Liberty in February there will be some of those rude people onboard too. But I gaurantee we'll ignore their behavior and focus on the awesome cruise that I know we're going to have.[/quote]

I am confused.. do you know what it means or not? lol!

Let the good times roll!:D

The worse line jumpers I saw was on "D-Day" as all of us, non-Americans started lining up at 6:45AM to go through customs before anyone can get off the ship.

At 6:15am, when I arrived there was already an impressive long line waiting to be let into the Pharoah's Lounge to begin, we were asked to start lining up a couple feet from the entrance. The Carnival staff were working their way through the line giving out name tags(which I thought was overkill), custom cards and crossing names off to keep track of who is there and who needs to be tracked down.

So the doors open and people are let in slowly. This couple come down the stairs, look at the line and just walk in the door. :mad: Carnival staff did nothing, yet again! I was in the next bunch to get in and watched them march all the way up to customs staff and be turned away since they did not have a custom card. I did mention to them that the custom cards were be given out in the line! :p

And before you ask... Yes, I wanted to hit them with my purse but I am from Canada and we just don't do that sort of thing! ;)

Archived