Dream - Cancelling stop in San Juan

Tom-n-Cheryl

Then you might want to talk to Highland cruiser with their post after mine, where they said the first revenue cruise was 4900 and not 3700.:rolleyes: Plus I am looking at February/March sailings, and I am sure that if they were not selling the space they would start discounting, as they surely will have all of the kinks ironed out by then. Which they surely are not. Like I said, I have been pricing these cruises. Heck I can take a 6 day Independence cruise in late February for $500 with a balcony. That is discounting. It is not happening on the Oasis at this point. Will it in the future, sure, when something else newer and greater appears.

jc

Right, the 4900 was the Dec 1st sailing - about 80% capacity, and the current sailing is said to have approx. 3700 passengers - or about 60% capacity. I read where the per-inaugural sailings had some passenger counts less than that. I agree with you, I don't think RCI is worried at all about selling cabins and the fact that prices for most sailings are only going up. The cabin on my two sailings next year has gone up $600/pp since I booked. I'll bet they'll be running a full Oasis by January.

We were on the RCCL Freedom sharing that dock with the Celebrity Solstice in April. The first pic is as we pulled in the second has both ships docked. We did not have any issues. I don't think San Juan is on any Oasis itinerary at this point.

2035097490103236660S600x600Q85.jpg

2961765950103236660S600x600Q85.jpg

Man. Over 200 posts & the topic is still being thrashed to death.

The last post on here should have been the comment about SJ being the Dream's only visit. That's it. Done, case closed because after that it's like beating a dead horse. :D

BaDH

Maybe so, but sometimes beating a dead house can be fun.;)

We were on the RCCL Freedom sharing that dock with the Celebrity Solstice in April. The first pic is as we pulled in the second has both ships docked. We did not have any issues. I don't think San Juan is on any Oasis itinerary at this point.

Neither is Carnival Dream. Guess I'll need to write it in crayon for the RCCL cheerleaders.

The people who are on the ship and thought they were going there will be surprised by your news.

It is OLD news and this thread started by one who is ON the ship. Actually he is probably ashore at the moment.

My statement was a fact. For extra credit, please try to find where Carnival Dream is scheduled to be in Puerto Rico. Today is Dec 10. and the ship is happily docked in Grand Turk.

You can see on the webcams here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/carnivalDreamWebcams.htm

It is OLD news and this thread started by one who is ON the ship. Actually he is probably ashore at the moment.

My statement was a fact. For extra credit, please try to find where Carnival Dream is scheduled to be in Puerto Rico. Today is Dec 10. and the ship is happily docked in Grand Turk.

You can see on the webcams here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/carnivalDreamWebcams.htm

You're a very strange poster. You take offense that people would be upset that the ship was not able to port where it was scheduled and now you say that the fact that it won't be returning means its inability to make a scheduled stop means this is old news, when it happened only just yesterday.

Taking shots at people and calling them names because they express disappointment is weird. I have a cruise booked on this ship in a couple of weeks and it is to ports it has yet to dock in. I hope it does so without incident and am entitled to be concerned that it might not, based on the poor planning that went into yesterday's stop.

You're a very strange poster. You take offense that people would be upset that the ship was not able to port where it was scheduled and now you say that the fact that it won't be returning means its inability to make a scheduled stop means this is old news, when it happened only just yesterday.

Taking shots at people and calling them names because they express disappointment is weird. I have a cruise booked on this ship in a couple of weeks and it is to ports it has yet to dock in. I hope it does so without incident and am entitled to be concerned that it might not, based on the poor planning that went into yesterday's stop.

Well we leave on Saturday for the first Western, so I guess we are the test group. But you know what, we have had 2 snow storms in the last week and it is very cold and windy today. So I will count my blessings to be warm, not have to cook, clean or go to work. So if the ship goes in circles I don't care, I am on vacation.

It was mentioned sometime ago that Carnival accepted responsibility for missing the port, even though I think it is one of those no fault incidents.

I understand people on the ship would be upset and I also understand a few are using this to take cheap shots. I truly hope you enjoy your cruise. It is a GREAT ship and you won't need a GPS to find your cabin like on a certain behemoth.

Well we leave on Saturday for the first Western, so I guess we are the test group. But you know what, we have had 2 snow storms in the last week and it is very cold and windy today. So I will count my blessings to be warm, not have to cook, clean or go to work. So if the ship goes in circles I don't care, I am on vacation.

We're going to be watching the web-cam on your sailing to see what the temperatures and ports are like! I hope you have a great trip (he said selfishly, hoping the same for himself).

Great attitude. You are certain to have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy!

It was mentioned sometime ago that Carnival accepted responsibility for missing the port, even though I think it is one of those no fault incidents.

I understand people on the ship would be upset and I also understand a few are using this to take cheap shots. I truly hope you enjoy your cruise. It is a GREAT ship and you won't need a GPS to find your cabin like on a certain behemoth.

We'll sail on that one, too. We're not nearly as close-minded as some. We like to sail around and have different experiences. I think it's so silly to feel that your experience is validated by taking shots at the competition.

I'm not sure why you say no fault incident. John Heald clearly said it was their fault in his blog.

Yes, it is sad that there are some people here using this incident to take cheap shots.:rolleyes:

Actually, with the new ships, it is as simple as "park the ship". They don't need to use anchors to stay in one position. The azipods can be set to keep the ship on one spot with the aid of GPS.

The Dream is not, nor are any of the Destiny-Conquest class ships are equipped with Azipods. The Spirit Class ships, and the Elation and Paradise are the only ships in Carnival's fleet to be equipped with Azipods.

Man. Over 200 posts & the topic is still being thrashed to death.

The last post on here should have been the comment about SJ being the Dream's only visit. That's it. Done, case closed because after that it's like beating a dead horse. :D

BaDH

Then why were the engineers looking at how it can be removed?:confused:

Why go through the effort if it was a one time thing?

The article about that has been removed from this thread because of copyright.

Steve

Then why were the engineers looking at how it can be removed?:confused:

Why go through the effort if it was a one time thing?

The article about that has been removed from this thread because of copyright.

Steve

maybe to be ready for future changes in itins and be considered for a stop for all ships.

just guessing. I'm sure the port does not want to limit business.:D

We had a very nice day today in Grand Turk. Upon our gangway approach who should come (biking) off the adjacent gangway? No other than Captain Queirolo -- I can’t say I have seen that before!

737413379_4B2F5-L.jpg

Tom

That cycling outfit is so bright it sucked all the light out of your camera :eek:

Archived