Dining Time Options - ASAP - Radiance

We are cruising on Radiance of the Seas on 12/21/09 and I have a question about dining time procedure. If we have a dining time assigned (early/late) can we go to "anytime" dining on some nights? Do they check your cabin number and refuse to seat you?

We are grandparents, kids and young grandkids and we are torn between early dining when we know we can go without needing a baby sitter but not have pleasant adult dinners (especially since we all would eat late by choice) and late seating which we would much prefer but then we would be absolutely dependent on having a baby sitter every night. Since this is our first experience cruising with (young) kids we don't know if a babysitter would be available every night or if we want to pay $18/hour every night.:eek:

If we choose anytime dining (we currently have early seating) can we count on being able to reserve to eat at 6PM (all of us with the kids) or 7:30 or 8PM?

Thank you so much for all thoughts. :)

No--you have to pick either traditional or MTD...you can't switch between the two.

If you pick MTD, you can go anytime during the open hours that you want...you aren't "stuck" in one time. So, one night, the whole family could go at 6pm, and the next night, get the babysitter and the adults go at 8pm...your choice.

If you do traditional, you'll pick one of the 2 seatings, and either go at that time, or find another dining venue!

I thought if you do anytime dinning, you have to reserve for each night ahead. You can go the first night to the early, if that is what you have and see how it goes and I think you can change to MTD for the rest of the cruise, but you have to give them a time??:confused:

My Time Dining is very popular and may fill on the first day. Gratuities have to be prepaid. I've not heard of the possibility of moving over after one night at regular seating; I'm thinking that if there is table availability that it would be possible but I doubt there would be availability.

They do like you to state a time when you will attend so that you can be seated in the same area with same servers but in my experience you can be flexible which is what My Time is all about.

Archived