Has anyone ever ported in villefranch?

cruzy-sue

I really want to see Eze (and have PLENTY of time to shop), Nice and Monte Carlo on our trip to France in May, 2010.

I know about ship tours as well as local tour guides....

My question is this: If we are "dropped off" at any of the above locations - how easy is it to get a cab back to the ship if we want to spend more time than the tour allows?

I am interested in that as well, I would like to go from our port, Cannes, to Nice to get candy at the Florian candy shop/factory, then go to Eze, then come back to Cannes. What is the best way to do this with a family and kids?

I really want to see Eze (and have PLENTY of time to shop), Nice and Monte Carlo on our trip to France in May, 2010.

I know about ship tours as well as local tour guides....

My question is this: If we are "dropped off" at any of the above locations - how easy is it to get a cab back to the ship if we want to spend more time than the tour allows?

The easiest would be:

take the train or bus or taxi to Monte Carlo first

then take a taxi to Eze

We had to wait about 30 minutes to get a taxi again but from here there is a frequent bus service to Nice available

Eze to Nice by bus or taxi

Nice to Villefranche you can do train or bus or taxi.

If you do it in this order it should not to be to difficult.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I am interested in that as well, I would like to go from our port, Cannes, to Nice to get candy at the Florian candy shop/factory, then go to Eze, then come back to Cannes. What is the best way to do this with a family and kids?

We are just back from Cannes.

Just for orientation the prices of the taxi tours:

2009NCLGEM70209-vi.jpg

Another option:

taking the train to Nice and change here to the bus to Eze.

You can return by bus alongside the coastal road for just 1 EUR.

Some impressions from Cannes and how to get to the train station:

http://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2009/11/tag-72-auf-der-norwegian-gem-in-cannes.html

Regards,

HeinBloed

Villefranche is between Monte Carlo and Nice. train and bus service definitely the way to go - far cheaper than taxis, and bus is cheaper than train.

Villefranche itself is a very small harbour area with some cute little shops and some quite nice seafront fish restaurants. Good place to wander around... We stopped there instead of St Tropez last May (mistral was blowing and the Capt. couldn't get the anchor down off St T.) I was really glad we did. Villefranche was much less glitzy and vry nice to visit.

• 2 months later...

it is very easy to get to the train in villefranche! You can almost see the station from the port. (to the right)

I would take the train!!

Get the train times before you arrive to plan your quick tour of Villefranche before you go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stayed in Nice a few yrs. ago by myself before boarding Ship in Villefranche for TA. Every day boarded a different bus at the bus station at Place Garabaldi for a different day trip. 1E each way! Even to Menton. Very simple and affordable way to see Cannes, Antibes, St. Paul-Vence, Eze, Grasse.

Archived