Conquest & Voyager Fogged-In in Galveston!

bobstack

Firefly:

I just re-read our Carnival Capers for the last day of our cruise (Saturday, December 19, 2009). Carnival Conquest sponsored a "FUN FARWELL" party at 5 pm on this last day of the cruise, in the aft main showroom, the Degas Lounge. It was also listed as dance music, but it did not state that the beverages were offered at no charge. GREAT! We danced, and enjoyed the cool drinks. Having two Conquest dance parties with complimentary beverages surely made a late starting cruise a very enjoyable vacation for us.

I hope you also enjoyed your FUN FARWELL party on Triumph!

Bob and Donna from Dallas / Ft. Worth

Firefly:

I just re-read our Carnival Capers for the last day of our cruise (Saturday, December 19, 2009). Carnival Conquest sponsored a "FUN FARWELL" party at 5 pm on this last day of the cruise, in the aft main showroom, the Degas Lounge. It was also listed as dance music, but it did not state that the beverages were offered at no charge. GREAT! We danced, and enjoyed the cool drinks. Having two Conquest dance parties with complimentary beverages surely made a late starting cruise a very enjoyable vacation for us.

I hope you also enjoyed your FUN FARWELL party on Triumph!

lol you need to read CC more often or John's Blog, this replaced the free drinks at the Captains party now. Good party though. Ours was extra great after we watched the football on the big screen at the pool, it was like a continuation of the football party. (our first leg ended on a sunday by coincidence).

I agree though it was a great party.

Firefly:

We also had on Tuesday night a past passengers party with complimentary beverages, live music, and dancing up on the big stage in the main forward theatre. Did you also have one for your repeaters?

Firefly:

We also had on Tuesday night a past passengers party with complimentary beverages, live music, and dancing up on the big stage in the main forward theatre. Did you also have one for your repeaters?

Yes, both parties. The one that no longer has free drinks is the Captains Party, that the Farewell Party replaced. Captains is now only $1 off drinks.

We didnt dance, but they had one heck of a congo line, out into the decks it was so long. That was the day the Saints pulled thru to win in overtime against the Redskins, tied it with 48 seconds to go, some game.

I didnt go to the farewell party on the 2nd leg ... I got seasick :eek:

I have been on the Conquest 3 times I think in about a year, so the Triumph was a nice change, new shows.

Firefly:

One of the things that Carnival does so well is to get people into the mind to party. Your congo line sounded like it was a Carnival creation. Glad you had fun, and a victory for the Saints.

We were on an Ecstasy cruise out of Galveston last year. During one of the Karaoke sessions, a singer started the Jimmy Buffett song "Volcano." Suddenly, the whole Starlight Lounge started to join into a spontaneous congo line that snaked through the back half of the ship (all the while we're hearing sung, "I don't know, I don't know, I don't where I'm a gonn'a go when the volcano blows!"). What a fun time with some fun cruisers!

Dear Mom and fellow cruisers:

We loved posting our progress to you and our CC friends from Conquest, when it was clear on Sunday evening, that we were not going to have a regular cruise. We can thank the Galveston fog for that.

I was inspired by reading the posts from Thanksgiving time from the Norwegian Dawn on CC (the thread was titled, "DAWN'S ADRIFT!". I loved checking for regular updates live from the CC poster on the ship. It was scarry when he first posted, and then things got more interesting, and then better.

There is no predicting what will happen on a ship vacation. Hope we'll all get to meet and cruise one day.

Fellow cruisers:

Please read my Conquest Review for the week before Christmas week (the Galveston Fog Cruise). I would like to know if your experiences were the same or different.

OBTW, how come typos hide until you are actually published???

Thanks Bob,

I just read your review and it gets an A+. I have read all your posts since your first post and it is truly nice to find someone here at CC with such a positive attitude. You are the type of person that when life gives you lemons you know where to find the Tequila!

Thanks again so keeping all of us up-to-date on everything that was going on. I'll be on the Conquest next Sunday and my sister and I will be thinking of you and your wife. Hopefully, one day, we will be able to meet the both of you on a cruise ship.

Rosie

Thanks Bob,

I just read your review and it gets an A+. I have read all your posts since your first post and it is truly nice to find someone here at CC with such a positive attitude. You are the type of person that when life gives you lemons you know where to find the Tequila!

Thanks again so keeping all of us up-to-date on everything that was going on. I'll be on the Conquest next Sunday and my sister and I will be thinking of you and your wife. Hopefully, one day, we will be able to meet the both of you on a cruise ship.

Rosie

My sentiments exactly...and a great way to keep family informed too. Guess I will have to use this bloomin thing (computer) on a ship for situations like yours. What a sweet way to do it...Mr. Bobstack and family, It was just wonderful and now off to this review...:);)!! sjn911

Sadly, not sailing out of Galveston Sunday...but one day:)!!

Ok...back again...fabulous review..why am I not surprised!! I as well, do not know why all type and spelling etc. errors can not be seen until posted...smiles. The music details, again....wonderful. I really want to hear Bonnie, the Temptations, and Gladys Night...and the King of Pop forever...Happy Happy New Year..sjn911.

New to this board. Thinking of booking a Dec 19 2010 Carnival Conquest Voyage with my husband, sister and her two children. Is fog common in December in Galveston? I have never cruised before. Thanks

Hi everyone:

The ship review took longer than I expected. That was possibly due to having to read my own posts from Conquest! Yikes, there was more material than I remembered...

The cruise was fun, and sharing it with you all was fun.

Rosie, I hope you and your family have the time of your lives next Sunday on Conquest. You'll make a hit (I think) if you tell Megan, the Karaoke Lady, that Bob from the Fog Cruise said hi. I somehow think she'll remember me...and then she'll remember you! And I loved your lemons/tequilia comment.

sjn, now is the time to start dreaming and planning for your next cruise. You cannot go wrong with Conquest or Voyager.

Katetex, during our 6 December cruises from Galveston, fog only made a difference on two cruises. In 12-06, the fog delayed Rhapsody's departure a little bit, but we still made Key West on time for a full scheduled day/evening. However, the 12-13-09 cruise was impacted. The fog was so thick that we did not leave Galveston until Monday afternoon, thus forcing the ship to drop one port (Freeport). But our four other December cruises (2004, 2005, 2007, 2009) were not impacted by any fog.

wannabe, having the Sunday morning coffee (with our KW mugs!) while watching the Galveston/Key West/Conch Train web cams sort of puts us right back into the virtual cruising experience. Glad you also know how to virtually cruise.

Thestapels and Karshrimp, do we care how the ship leaves, provided it safely takes everyone on vacation? I hope your trips in 2 weeks and beyond are warm, with fun and lots of memories. Conquest's backward exit today, also created some memories.

Thank you, everyone, who read my ship review. If some of you had a different experience, please share yours. I believe you.

Bob,

I enjoyed reading your posts and your trip report. Thanks for posting and also thank you for your response to my question. I am going on the Carnival Conquest Dec 19th. Funny thing is that I am an experienced traveler...but NOT an experienced cruiser. I am glad that I found this forum. Lots of very helpful people. I really appreciate people sharing their ideas and opinions. Hopefully one day I can pay it forward to other newbies!

Katherine

Frisco

Archived