NFL Games on Christmas Day

san diego spartan

Wow - that is a BUMMER. I'm sure they'll be a fair number of Chargers fans on board. We will be in Ensenada for the day and typcially I"m sure we could catch the game at a local bar, but it is Christmas, so no idea if anything will be open.

If anyone has any ideas - that would be greatly appreciated.

We will be on the Elation on Christmas Day and don't want to miss our Chargers play. Anyone have any idea if the game will be on TV anywhere on the ship?

It is on the NFL Network and probably locally here in San Diego on Channel 8.

Now why would you want to watch your team get beat by my team :p Better to just enjoy your cruise!

They telecast as said out of Denver to Carnival ships. They get all the major networks such as Fox-NBC-ABC-CBS-ESPN.........

To the OP....Why not take a laptop and find a wifi place and maybe that will do the trick. I though am sure something though will be open near the port with TV's and sat hookups......Even on Christmas....Though...Isn't that a "night" game ?????

Sorry to disappoint the PP but the Chargers are going to win. Rivers has never lost a December start!

Anyway the game is a 4:30 p.m. start PST. We will be in Ensenada until later in the evening, so should be able to see the game in port if we can find a place. Hopefully something will be open and showing the game close by. I will bring the lap top just in case we need to resort to that.

No idea why the NFL network is showing the game.

Sorry to disappoint the PP but the Chargers are going to win. Rivers has never lost a December start!

Anyway the game is a 4:30 p.m. start PST. We will be in Ensenada until later in the evening, so should be able to see the game in port if we can find a place. Hopefully something will be open and showing the game close by. I will bring the lap top just in case we need to resort to that.

No idea why the NFL network is showing the game.

Oh come on, we have like a 1% chance to make the playoffs. Don't dash my hopes and dreams!!!! I honestly hope you can find a place to watch the game. I would hate to miss the game myself.

We will be on the Elation on Christmas Day and don't want to miss our Chargers play. Anyone have any idea if the game will be on TV anywhere on the ship?

It is on the NFL Network and probably locally here in San Diego on Channel 8.

We were just on the Dream over Thanksgiving, and they had the Bronco/Giant game (NFL network) on the big screen on the Lido deck. In fact, they had all 3 Thanksgiving games AND nationally televised games on the ship. Even our Chargers when they smashed the Chiefs. :D

We were just on the Dream over Thanksgiving, and they had the Bronco/Giant game (NFL network) on the big screen on the Lido deck. In fact, they had all 3 Thanksgiving games AND nationally televised games on the ship. Even our Chargers when they smashed the Chiefs. :D

Thanks Herseyjjs - good to know. Perhaps they can do the same thing for us for the Titan game. I know it is Xmas and all, but would hate to miss the game. We are Charger season ticket holders and hate to miss a game.

Maybe I'll email Carnival and see what they say? Does anyone think this will do any good?? I know we've been on HAL before and they have always had the games for us.

Thanks Herseyjjs - good to know. Perhaps they can do the same thing for us for the Titan game. I know it is Xmas and all, but would hate to miss the game. We are Charger season ticket holders and hate to miss a game.

Maybe I'll email Carnival and see what they say? Does anyone think this will do any good?? I know we've been on HAL before and they have always had the games for us.

My guess is that they'll have it on. they had on the Thanksgiving day games on while we were in port in Canaveral. Go Bolts!!!:)

I figured out the reason you saw the 3rd game. Giants-v-Denver. It was also broadcast on a local Denver station. So you were able to see it onboard. The rest of the country had to have the NFLN to see it. All ships stations are out of Denver......;)

I figured out the reason you saw the 3rd game. Giants-v-Denver. It was also broadcast on a local Denver station. So you were able to see it onboard. The rest of the country had to have the NFLN to see it. All ships stations are out of Denver......;)

I know that. Perhaps the local Denver network purchased the rights to broadcast an NFL Network game.

I know that. Perhaps the local Denver network purchased the rights to broadcast an NFL Network game.

The only thing I was saying is that it was luck. The OP's game on Christmas is on the NFLN so it won't be shown more than likely since they aren't playing Denver....;)

It's more than possible that the network (ABC, NBC, Fox or CBS) telecast through Denver was already scheduled. Serendipity!:D

I'm hoping our play-off game will be shown on the big screen during our cruise(1/16). *fingers crossed* I'll even be happy to watch it on the small screen just so long as it isn't on our travel day(1/17).:o

Hmmm, thanks for the clarifications. Since the games are telecast out of the Denver market, then most likely we will not see the Chargers game. That sucks! I know it is on the NFL network. People in San Diego will see it also I believe.

Guess our best bet is to head into Ensenada and see if we can find that game there. Of course I'll keep my fingers crossed we can watch it on board.

Archived