Fort Lauderdale Hotel Where I Can Leave Car

pipedreams62

Parking at the Terminal is well worth it and the car will be safe there.

Yes, the Hyatt on 17th St. Causeway has a plan where you can leave your car and several places in the Hollywood area too (just south of Fort Lauderdale) but you are still taking a chance. Now if it was an old clunker, it may be safe but anything nice and full of gas, I would pay the $15 per day for the terminal parking.

Even many of the better hotels in Fort Lauderdale charge for parking the car if you are actually staying there as well. Some in the $20 per night area. Near the beaches, the parking is very expensive.

The Embassy Suites on 17th street (4 blocks from the terminal) has a cruise special - I was looking at their web site this morning. I think they charge $5 per night to park the car while on a cruise if you stay their the night before. Looks like a nice hotel - and there's a shopping center behind it if you need to pick up some last minutes items.

JVhrovac has written about a LaQuinta that he uses frequently. Stay one night and park for up to 30 days. I`m looking for the info.

Rich

Second this recommendation. Did it last Feb. Car was safe, friendly staff, nice pool, free waffle breakfast, free shuttle to/from FLL and to the port (no free return from the port). Location is Sheridan Rd/I-95 exit in Hollywood/Dania. You sign up for the shuttle, they assign a time by cruise line and use an outside vendor with big vans. We left at 12:30 for the port and were at the dock by 1:00.

Sprawling shopping plaza with 5-6 restaurants next door to the hotel, walkable or quick drive.

Have stayed there several times and left my car without issues. Besides that the car is insured. The hotel is not exactly the Embassy Suites and neither is the price. Free shuttle to the pier and about a 22 to 24 dollar cab ride back. Some of the airline crews stay there so it can be assumed if it meets their standards it is good enough for me for one night. $15 a night for parking at the pier is a little steep in my humble opinion. With the new Oasis of the Seas I can only imagine the parking rates are going to climb even further. Another bonus is it is only about twenty steps to the cab and who knows how far you have to drag your luggage in that monster parking lot.

DH and I have stayed there several times when going on HAL cruises, most recently in Oct., and there are usually so many of us, buses are used to transport everyone to the port. Rooms are about $105 per night, great hot and cold breakfast, $6 per night to leave car and transport to the port is free. We usually park right up front -- don't think I would leave the car in the back or somewhere out of view. We take a taxi back to the hotel when the cruise is over and it costs $20.

Just stayed at La Quinta in November and we were very satisfied. Seemingly safe area with convenient nearby restaurants and the free shuttle (one way) is available for a return trip that you can book for $8 pp at the hotel. The rooms are clean with a fridge and microwave--all for less than $90.

We just got back from an 8 day cruise to southern exotic caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed at La Quinta in Hollywood. Free parking no charge at all. Free continental breakfast in the morning. Shopping mall within walking distance nice to exercise and walk around. The hotel transported us over to carnival cruise line the next day and we bought a return ticket for a pickup with a company at $8 each and when we returned they were there. I would stay at La Quinta again. Only thing is other cruisers are there and woke up in the morning and met outside in the gazebo at 7 AM and were gabbing and woke us up too early for the day!!

We always stay at the Hollywood LQ and leave our car there while on our cruise. In fact, we'll be checking in there this Sun. for an overnight stay and boarding the Prinsendam on Mon. They do have a security patrol and also a FLL police car is visibly parked just outside of the entrance. The shopping mall next to the LQ has several chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Dave & Buster's, etc.), but we found the food was excellent (and reasonably priced) at the Ale House, which is about a block's walk from the hotel - and, if you show your LQ room key, you get a 10% discount off your food bill. :)

Archived