Emerald drydock

SCFCRUISER

Does anyone have any info or pics of the Emerald in drydock? I checked the Princess site for drydock pictures, but nothing shows up. What are they doing to the ship? Any comment appreciated. We will be boarding in about a month.

Steve

Does anyone have any info or pics of the Emerald in drydock? I checked the Princess site for drydock pictures, but nothing shows up. What are they doing to the ship? Any comment appreciated. We will be boarding in about a month.

Steve

From another thread about the work during the drydock:

One of the Officers of the Bridge said the main reason for the drydock was to have the hull of the ship properly cleaned and painted, which he said needs to be done every 2-3 years. He stated that as far as he knew there were only going be minor cosmetic repairs to the interior of the ship. Some carpets & tiles replaced, lots of painting etc. He did not believe there was anything major changing

From another thread about the work during the drydock:

One of the Officers of the Bridge said the main reason for the drydock was to have the hull of the ship properly cleaned and painted, which he said needs to be done every 2-3 years. He stated that as far as he knew there were only going be minor cosmetic repairs to the interior of the ship. Some carpets & tiles replaced, lots of painting etc. He did not believe there was anything major changing

Shouldn't be, it's basically still a brand new ship.....:):):)

Bob

It's not much, but here's a few pics of Emerald from the outside, one taken from the car park at the dock and the other two taken from the deck of the Rotterdam which was in dry dock at the same time.

I'm linking them from Facebook so hopefully everyone can see them, but if not let me know and I'll host them.

11145_211850310671_600125671_3630559_4254002_n.jpg

11145_211850320671_600125671_3630560_5868931_n.jpg

11145_211850325671_600125671_3630561_5196018_n.jpg

I would think that since all the changes to the interior layouts had already been made, anything done during this current docking would be so minor that any photo journals wouldn't be necessary.

This was a good time of the current planning year to take her out of service and redo the hull coating, maybe with that new more effective material that reduces drag. The other cosmetic interior stuff is normal and sometimes done while on voyages but a lot easier and better for the passengers if done while in DD.

Archived