Manicure scissors ?

We're starting to pack for our upcoming Navigator cruise & I remember reading that they were confiscating manicure scissors. Can anyone who sailed recently confirm this or have they stopped taking these away? We don't want anything to delay getting on this beautiful ship!

Thanks a million.

We're starting to pack for our upcoming Navigator cruise & I remember reading that they were confiscating manicure scissors. Can anyone who sailed recently confirm this or have they stopped taking these away? We don't want anything to delay getting on this beautiful ship!

Thanks a million.

We were recently on the Liberty amd they asked to see our carry on...in the Dopp kit was a small pair of scissors.....the "guard" wanted to take them.....I asked for a supervisor to take a look.....he said it was OK.....regardless you won't be delayed......however you COULD lose them.

On our Radiance cruise in November we got a note on our door saying one piece of our luggage was being held on deck 2 because there was something "suspicious" in it and we needed to come down and get it. So we went down and our suitcase had a piece of tape with "knife" written on it. The security guy asked me if I had a knife in there and I said no, but I did have a small manicure set. I took it out and showed him the scissors in it and he asked again if there was a knife anywhere else in the suitcase. He riffled through our stuff, found nothing, so let us take it AND the manicure set. Nothing was confiscated.

I needed a pair of scissors to cut my cable locks and was worried how I would get them on. I "opened" them and mixed them in with my jewelry which was in my carry-on.

Once on the ship, I unpacked and a pair of manicure scissors fell out of a shoe. I remembered then that I had had them by my chair in the den and the pair of shoes nearby so I put them in the shoes to take back to the bedroom to pack. By the time I got around to packing, I had forgotten they were in the shoe.

Even though RCI has been occasionally taking up scissors (I think it depends on the mood of whoever is checking), I read in something that "personal grooming scissors" were allowed so that was going to be my excuse if they did attempt to take them up.

Why I can't bring a pair of 1st grade blunt craft scissors, no one has explained. If I wanted to stab someone, I'd sneak a steak knife out of the dining room off of someone's table on my way out. I have never heard of an incident on any ship where scissors have been involved in an assault. Maybe some kid used them to cut upholstery but, again, that could be accomplished with a knife from the dining room.

Tucker in Texas

We were on the Liberty 11/15 sailing. Our friend had a pair of scissors in his carry on. He was pulled over. They made him open his carry on and asked him what was sharp in there. He said he had a pair of mustache scissors. They asked him to take them out and they did confiscate them. He had to fill out a piece of paper if he wanted them back at the end of the cruise. He did so we waited for him.

We all thought it was very silly.

Irene

Archived